The online racing simulator
Visible Racing Line
(33 posts, started )
I think the racing line is good because it helps new players find a good line around the track.

One must note that the racing line is not "the ideal line", which depends on setup, driving style, etc... Hence, it just gives new players a starting point from which they can improve from. More advanced drivers will no doubt find their own (quicker) lines.
Quote from BrandonAGr :No, currently you can use it while online.

I stand corrected.

I think of the new racing line as an instructor who tels you when to apply brakes and the lot. I don't think it should be active online. Atleast it should be a server side option.

Same with the different F-screens. Just a representation of all the (what the hell is the word for the live data feed that the pit crew is getting from the car?) the pit crew gets.
telemetry
Quote from BrandonAGr :No, currently you can use it while online.

....and I found that every braking point is the same one I use already, but anyone who has been stuck behind me knows I am always early on the brakes.

But, it IS nice to use on seldom used tracks, where you might forget the line.
Turned it on to see what it was like on about my fifth lap with the FBM drove straight through the marked braking zone before touching the brakes then turned it off I mean come on, I'm slow and even I can work out where to brake and find a better line in five minutes of testing a new combo it's hardly going to help anyone in the long term.
Honestly, this is another one of those things, like turning up the maximum lock. It's not hard to do/ keep, and those who dont want it can simply turn it off. Like, I dont use the digital speedo thing, but I know that there is a percentage that likes it.. same with the mini map thing.. I dont use it, I turn it off... but I dont bitch about taking it out because real racing cars dont have a floating map on the windshield... I say, I like it, it helps with practice and learing a new track, and if you're semi good, you can learn faster with it, then turn it off... Yes, sims should be hard, but not everyone has forever to practice, and have things like work, school, family to attend to, so this is a good thing and it should stay for the final patch just as it is right now.

PS: Add the friggin 45degree lock for god's sake! THE 1989-1994 Nissan 200SX (240/180sx) has 49degrees of steering lock stock, so THERE!
Quote from ajp71 :Turned it on to see what it was like on about my fifth lap with the FBM drove straight through the marked braking zone before touching the brakes then turned it off I mean come on, I'm slow and even I can work out where to brake and find a better line in five minutes of testing a new combo it's hardly going to help anyone in the long term.

Try braking where it suggests then - maybe that's WHY you're slow if you're braking so late. I've only done a few laps with it on as an experiement, but my brake points weren't that far off.

Visible Racing Line
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG