The online racing simulator
How do I run LFS on Linux?
(8 posts, started )
I know this has been asked before but i have wine on ubuntu and lfs gives me Is LFS correctly installed on a hard drive?
Can you help me?
You need to open a terminal, browse to the folder LFS is in (making sure it is writeable by your user) then run the following:
wine ./LFS.exe

Should work then
Same error Im using Ubuntu 7.04 and Wine 0.9.50
Quote from shaun463 :Same error Im using Ubuntu 7.04 and Wine 0.9.50

place your lfs folder in your home folder...

that worked for me
Still no luck
You're not moving to the location of LFS properly, or your data directory is missing, or some files within there are missing.

cd /path/to/lfs/folder
wine LFS.exe

thx so much but my graphics card is too crap so lfs is all blocky oh well i can use task manager to operate windows now x30 is brill
You'll may find that your graphics card, under Linux, was using the open source drivers. Unfortunately in most circumstances these yield poor results as they're not using the full capacity of the card, due to lack of specifications and communication from the manufacturers.

In a lot of cases you can use the proprietory drivers to run the graphics card, but that may cause other issues in itself. If you're using a decent card and getting crap performance, you may wish to look into this. Using them often differs from distro to distro, unfortunately.

(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG