The online racing simulator
BUG REPORTS : Physics
Please report any issues you find in the various physics updates in this thread.

Try to avoid duplicate bug reports.
Only possibly a bug: Stalled cars without starter motor cannot be restarted even when it pitlane/garage.
Suggestion: Allow restarting, but with a time countdown to indicate the man at the back rushing around with starter equipment.
After the engine stalls, why do I have to press the ignition twice for the engine to start again? I tried it many times so far, and every time I had to press it twice to start.

Also, when the car is in neutral, you still need to press the clutch to start the engine. Right now you can start it without the clutch.
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :After the engine stalls, why do I have to press the ignition twice for the engine to start again? I tried it many times so far, and every time I had to press it twice to start.

Also, when the car is in neutral, you still need to press the clutch to start the engine. Right now you can start it without the clutch.

1. First you turn the ignition off, then on again.

2. I'm not quite sure what you're talking about. It's only on newer cars you have to press the clutch to start the engine.
#5 - Gil07
When a car stalls IRL the ignition is still "ON". You have to switch it to "OFF" before starting again

Quote :Also, when the car is in neutral, you still need to press the clutch to start the engine. Right now you can start it without the clutch.

You do?
I drove an '89 Celica and I had to press the clutch to start the engine (when it was in neutral). How's that for a new car?
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :After the engine stalls, why do I have to press the ignition twice for the engine to start again? I tried it many times so far, and every time I had to press it twice to start.

Because the ignition is still on. First press turns it off, the second press starts the engine.
Quote :Also, when the car is in neutral, you still need to press the clutch to start the engine. Right now you can start it without the clutch.

Maybe that's true in modern cars to protect people who shouldn't have a license to begin with from doing stupid things, but there is no mechanical reason why you shouldn't be able to start a car in neutral, or any other gear for that matter.

E: Your car sucks then
American cars have had that 'feature' for a while because too many stupid people in the Land of the Free kept driving cars into things on the starter motor and suing.
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :I drove an '89 Celica and I had to press the clutch to start the engine (when it was in neutral). How's that for a new car?

Tristan said it, it's only a couple of years ago since we got it in europe.
Alright guys, I see your points. But I don't remember having to switch the ignition to off, then back to on when I stalled. I thought you just had to start it again.
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :Alright guys, I see your points. But I don't remember having to switch the ignition to off, then back to on when I stalled. I thought you just had to start it again.

As well as with the "press clutch to start engine", the same goes with ignitions for different cars.
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :Alright guys, I see your points. But I don't remember having to switch the ignition to off, then back to on when I stalled. I thought you just had to start it again.

That celica probably used a key for the ignition instead of a button. It works differently.
I don't know is a bug or not but i just drove FOX in BL. And i used my old setup, witch i used to use in online races, but now my tires wear so much that after 1,5 lap they have gone red. I drive just like before and i don't slide around corners.

Is this intentional?
Quote from Jax_KiBez :I don't know is a bug or not but i just drove FOX in BL. And i used my old setup, witch i used to use in online races, but now my tires wear after 1,5 lap to red. I drive just like before and i don't slide around corners.

Is this intentional?

Quote from Changelog :Racing tyres generate more heat and wear more quickly

Anyone else noticed how easy it is to overheat the clutch? or is it just me stamping around on the pedals like an irate gorilla?
In 2 laps of FBM at Blackwood I burned the clutch
Quote from danowat :Anyone else noticed how easy it is to overheat the clutch? or is it just me stamping around on the pedals like an irate gorilla?

YUP same here turned on f9 half way thro lap 1 of bl in xfg and it was cooked!!! Oh YEAH BABY!!
To be honest in the XFG it's quite easy to keep it cool
If you shut off the engine in BF1 it doesn't jump start while rolling like in all other cars. Is there a reason for this?

And I think it would it make sense to disable the ignition button in the BF1 so you can't switch the engine off by accident.
Let's keep it on topic, guys, rather than taking the piss out of other people's pedal-stomping
Personally, I think the clutch modelling is pretty well done, as is the engine inertia.

My suggestion, though, is that the engines are far, far too difficult to stall - something like the LX4 will never be able to pull itself away at 400rpm with the clutch fully out, but it does at the moment

Also, the new rev limits are set a little too low for my liking - I still believe making them customiseable is the way to go here - and the sound of the engine against the rev limiter is now, how shall I put this, somewhat horrible. It also seems that the volume of the air intake is drowning everything else out against the rev limiter. Not a bug, at least not that I can see, but hopefully something that can be ironed out before the final release.

EDIT to Blackout - Seeing as, as far as I know, it takes compressed air to get a Formula One car going in the first place, you're lucky you can restart it at all
This may be woefully outdated or inaccurate information, by the way

Sam
-
(HeerBommel) DELETED by HeerBommel
You need to change the prefixes, ie change "FXO GTR_setupname" to "FXR_setupname"

I hope it'll be automatic in the full patch, but with a batch renamer it isn't hard to change.
^ This one has already been covered in the main patch release thread, you need to rename your setting files from the full car name as a prefix to only the three-character car code as a prefix.

So, in 'settings', your setup named "BMW SAUBER_Development.set" would be moved to 'setups' and renamed to "BF1_Development.set".

This is more to do with Interface than Physics, I think
And I got beaten to it.

Sam
I don't see my setups anymore..

There are 2 maps now "settings" and "setups"..
I copied all the setups from "settings" to "setups" but still can't see them, I only see "race_s" setup ????

Edit:
This topic was posted before Gil07's topic but after "edit" "delete" and pot again it's now after Gil07's topic :-)
but thanks anyway
Attached images
settings.jpg
Change Formula XR_xxxxx.set to FOX_xxxx.set
Read the threads (and the friggin changelog) please. The setups now use the three letter prefix, so you'll have to rename "XF GTi_MySet.set" to "XFG_MySet.set" now.

BUG REPORTS : Physics
(287 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG