The online racing simulator
BUG REPORTS : Physics
(287 posts, started )
That happens because, once engine is turned off, the car goes out of physics (no calculations are made). When you quickly turn the engine back on - it loads that saved physical state of rotating wheels again...
ah ok...

Didn't knew out of physics meant that.
i dont know if it was already mentoied, but...
if its clutch overheated to maximum temperature (or if its reached some critical point of temp.), there should be possibility to shift without clutch down, or?
talking about driving with manual clutch without help

and another one..
when i shift (e.g. in xrt 5th) gear and slowly slowing down, the ECU or some automatic system increasing gas. when is car stall, the throttle is floored. is this ok?
#279 - Woz
Quote from Jet_ CZE :i dont know if it was already mentoied, but...
if its clutch overheated to maximum temperature (or if its reached some critical point of temp.), there should be possibility to shift without clutch down, or?
talking about driving with manual clutch without help

and another one..
when i shift (e.g. in xrt 5th) gear and slowly slowing down, the ECU or some automatic system increasing gas. when is car stall, the throttle is floored. is this ok?

If you shift down the revs will rise if you have not blipped because the engine revs have to match the wheel speed (scaled for current gearing). This is normal in any car, just try it yourself. Drive along in 5 then without rev matching drop to 4th and just lift the clutch, your revs will rise to match.

Try 5th to 3rd and apart from almost going through the windscreen you rev counter will go mental.

BTW. Please don't blame me for any engine/running gear damage you might inflict on your car in these tests
Quote from Woz :If you shift down the revs will rise if you have not blipped because the engine revs have to match the wheel speed (scaled for current gearing). This is normal in any car, just try it yourself. Drive along in 5 then without rev matching drop to 4th and just lift the clutch, your revs will rise to match.

Try 5th to 3rd and apart from almost going through the windscreen you rev counter will go mental.

BTW. Please don't blame me for any engine/running gear damage you might inflict on your car in these tests

i know that but i'm talking about different thing. maybe the main problem is in my horrible english
see the replay, i shifted 5th gear and slowed down. the gas was automaticly increased and in 0:25 reached maximum but i didnt touched the gas pedal even! that is a bit strange for me...
Attached files
CeRT^v Jet_SO6R_XRT.spr - 8.6 KB - 205 views
Quote from Jet_ CZE :i know that but i'm talking about different thing. maybe the main problem is in my horrible english
see the replay, i shifted 5th gear and slowed down. the gas was automaticly increased and in 0:25 reached maximum but i didnt touched the gas pedal even! that is a bit strange for me...

Ecu adds more throttle to keep engine from stalling
Maybe imposible but..
Can u fix damage?
realitic..
BF1
300km/h
Crash in wall
Little front damage
Quote from aroX123 :Maybe imposible but..
Can u fix damage?
realitic..
BF1
300km/h
Crash in wall
Little front damage

That's been said quite a few times...and replied to with "Not anytime soon" quite a few times...
Quote from dougie-lampkin :That's been said quite a few times...and replied to with "Not anytime soon" quite a few times...

But collision issues are high on priority list and if I don't remember wrong I see comments along lines of next big thing to start working with at test patch section, now if we really are using our imagination it might also mean that damage will be made better too, but better not to get hopes high yet, wait, enjoy from racing and see what future brings to us, that way it is so sweet
Quote from JTbo :But collision issues are high on priority list and if I don't remember wrong I see comments along lines of next big thing to start working with at test patch section, now if we really are using our imagination it might also mean that damage will be made better too, but better not to get hopes high yet, wait, enjoy from racing and see what future brings to us, that way it is so sweet

It has been said as important, but Scawen specifically said (if I remember right) that it is not something that will be addressed until at least Patch Z (If not S2 Final). So it's not really a Physics bug report, just something to be improved...
Quote from dougie-lampkin :It has been said as important, but Scawen specifically said (if I remember right) that it is not something that will be addressed until at least Patch Z (If not S2 Final). So it's not really a Physics bug report, just something to be improved...

Well yes, kind of flaw in engine and as there is now AI, Collision issues and engine + clutch model that he is going to improve, it sure takes lot of time and those will require quite massive changes to game engine, I believe.

Maybe after summer, or next autumn we can start waiting new patches to be coming, guessing again

BUG REPORTS : Physics
(287 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG