The online racing simulator
Is This Against The Rules?
This is not a report. I am trying to find out whether an incident is explicitly against the rules, so if/when it happens again I'll know to just go ahead and file a report.

Just now on SS1, a certain team is voting in unison in order to restart the race over and over. If one of them crashes out for any reason, the whole team immediately votes to restart, then starts spamming RESTART!!!! messages. Twice in a row within two laps, they have restarted the race, ruining some good racing at the front because of their selfishness. They didn't have enough to restart completely on their own, but repeated messages to one driver still in the pitlane for him to restart eventually worked.

Seems like they think these servers are their personal playgrounds, and that other drivers are subject to their will as long as their team has enough numbers to skew the vote in their favor.

Complete bunk, I say. Exercise a little patience and wait ten damned minutes for the race to finish.
I can imagine I know what team you're talking about, but I won't mention any names.

I would also imagine it's damn sure not acceptable. The authority is the CTRA - no one team should be allowed to manipulate facilitites such as restart voting through sheer numbers.
While we don't want to see it and it shouldn't be happening it is a majority vote and the majority wanted to restart sadly =(

What they are doing is unsportsmanlike, not to mention immature and would get a good talking to by the admins if a report was filed =) Depending on the circumstances ofcourse.
Exactly what I wanted to hear. Next time I see such shenanigans, the ol' "$rep" feature shall be put to good use.

Thanks for the help guys.
yeah, must have been the FPR team and 1st.... dock them a good load of team points please.... say 50,000 for FPR and 10,000 to the 1st team... thanks!!!
-
(SpikeyMarcoD) DELETED by SpikeyMarcoD
i think it's no good solution to name teams in this case, there is the $rep which should be used. i got the same on SS2 yesterday and a thought: "good that it is not allowed for the first half of the race", but all guys who did such a restart should think about it. i think it's very unfair against all other drivers in race to vote for restart. even if there is only one car left or so, he should be able to finish his race, because he (or the others) didn't make any mistake, so why the souldn't take the points for it. especially on the higher tiers this restart-thingy shouldn't be happen, imo.

@stablex: i think, before you name other teams, your team should touch you own nose
+1 StableX

Only J/K hehe

This has been a concern of mine for a while, [HR] are fully aware that we need to think twice before voting on servers normally we will request through ingame chat to the other racers that we wish a race to be restarted normally this happens after a track change when 4 or 5 cars start prematurely or there has been a major first lap incident involving 1/3 or so of the grid.

In this case though it looks like the team concerned may have damaged their reputation.
hahaha @stableX u got that right
Quote from haelje :i think it's no good solution to name teams in this case

You're absolutely right. I specifically did not mention any team because I understand keenly that public name-and-shame does nothing but stir up trouble.

And the fact that the only name-and-shame in this thread came from StableX? And the fact that he named the wrong team? Doesn't really surprise me.
Quote from Lateralus :And the fact that the only name-and-shame in this thread came from StableX? And the fact that he named the wrong team? Doesn't really surprise me.

if you realised, it was a joke as I named the only two teams in the CTRA stats that are above us. I am sorry if you don't like my humour and take me literally. Sorry also that you think of me as someone who would shame people or teams. You obviously don't know me or you would actually realise it was a joke as pretty much everyone else has¬!
Quote from StableX :if you realised, it was a joke as I named the only two teams in the CTRA stats that are above us. I am sorry if you don't like my humour and take me literally. Sorry also that you think of me as someone who would shame people or teams. You obviously don't know me or you would actually realise it was a joke as pretty much everyone else has¬!

You're right, I did not get that part of the joke.

My apologies.
all good mate... sorry if it could be taken wrongly my fault too....
Don't be too harsh with stableX he's just a muppet
ps. take it easy....it was even said that it was joke so i should recommend u first to read all previous posts before u make ur judgement
Quote from StableX :yeah, must have been the FPR team and 1st.... dock them a good load of team points please.... say 50,000 for FPR and 10,000 to the 1st team... thanks!!!

:uglyhamme:something
btw: HR has beaten 1st by a few points... gratz guys, well done
Thanks LB

A few hours of hard driving was needed this weekend to pull back the deficit
OMG _ I'm the top Yemen driver now
Quote from StableX :OMG _ I'm the top Yemen driver now

Don't get too excited, you're also the worst according to the rankings.
Teams tend to support fellow team members so yes If one starts a vote The rest will follow, sure as tax and death
Is it right.. no, Would like to see what would happen if restarts were disabled would it get worse or better?.

Guess stats govern some drivers more than respect for others at times
Didn't want to start a new thread so thought I would put this here.

I just got kicked for writing "that wind is a bitch"
We all know that a bitch is a female dog therefore not a swear word.
Why was I kicked for this?
Are there any more of these non swear words that you can get you kicked off a server?
Quote from anttt69 :I just got kicked for writing "that wind is a bitch"
We all know that a bitch is a female dog therefore not a swear word.
Why was I kicked for this?

For crying out loud will you please stop acting like such a whiny little bitch all the time.

Do not be offended, because a bitch is a female dog therefore not a swear word.
Hmm i'll try not to be offended even though you've just insulted me & I am certainly not a female dog! So you are obviously wrong.

btw I found another one, "Penis" its so offensive omg
so you finally noticed the ctra swear filter is a bit too sensitive for people that like to swear?
Quote from Biohazard :so you finally noticed the ctra swear filter is a bit too sensitive for people that like to swear?

Not at all, I have noticed that the CTRA swear filter is kicking people who are not swearing. (+ i'm bored)
#25 - SamH
There's no reason to talk about your penis in an LFS server. Filter 1, anttt 0.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG