The online racing simulator
Small app/program required please
A while ago, someone wrote me a script in php to parse LFSWorld, and "download" some data, html file attached below.

What I would now like, is either a standalone app, or excel spreadsheet, that can open this html file, and show the data in a way it's easier to sort, i.e. top 10's, most used etc etc, also some usage graphs would be nice.

Thanks in advance.

Dan,
Attached files
dan.zip - 1.2 KB - 249 views
"i.e. top 10's, most used etc etc, also some usage graphs would be nice"

You won't get, what you want until you say what you want exactly.
top 10, most used, least used, both in figures and graphs
would you want it grabbed live, or would you want to cache the information every 5 minutes, and then create statistical graphs and static stats in table form?
Well, just grabbed live would be fine, just as and when I want to see the latest data really.
okay. and what would you want the graphs to include?
Cars mileage/laps, Tracks mileage/laps, top 10 cars, top 10 tracks, least used cars, least used tracks........think thats about it for now.......(wish I could program, would make life easier LOL)

Thanks for taking the time to help out Krammeh, I'll buy you a beer next time I am in Lowie
Bump, any luck anyone?
#9 - sun
inSim scripting
HI !

i got this programm and i clicked on file, new, project and it comes up with - windows Application, Console Application, Static Libary, DLL, Empty Project. Which one do i click on. Its because i am trying to write my own proggram so i can make a cruise server. If eny body can help just tell me which one to click on.

Thanks Again !

Owen s2 Licenced.
#10 - Jakg
This program has NOTHING to do with making your own cruise server.

Please read the thread you already made on this subject...
Read the readme for visual studio. For someone wanting to be a programmer, you surely dont put a lot of effort into it.
#12 - sun
insim
I do put i lot of effot into my work what i do. I just got these programms today and am gettin a book so i can learn. So if oyu see a server called 'Owens cruise server' thats got money on it like CLC its going to be like CLC but diffrent. And what read me ?
Apparently you cant open a project in VS, so a readme is a good idea. Also, if you expect someone to hold you hand every step of the way, ask a parent.

btw, spamming in someone else's topic is a bad idea
Quote from sun :HI !

i got this programm and i clicked on file, new, project and it comes up with - windows Application, Console Application, Static Libary, DLL, Empty Project. Which one do i click on. Its because i am trying to write my own proggram so i can make a cruise server. If eny body can help just tell me which one to click on.

Thanks Again !

Owen s2 Licenced.

if you dont even know what to click on there i suggest you give up on programming before you do something dangrous....
Quote from mcgas001 :if you dont even know what to click on there i suggest you give up on programming before you do something dangrous....

And where would you be if you followed that advice a few months ago?

Thanks Again !

Owen s2 Licenced.

I'm guessing you need something like this... http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en- ... rary/ms173060(VS.80).aspx
#17 - sun
inSim
HEY !

Thanks Dark times !

Am going to follow those steps and make sure i get my data base really setup and good. The server name will be called: 'Owens cruise server'. The name will be in red btw. Thank you again !

Owen s2 Licenced
Quote from sun :HEY !

Thanks Dark times !

Am going to follow those steps and make sure i get my data base really setup and good. The server name will be called: 'Owens cruise server'. The name will be in red btw. Thank you again !

Owen s2 Licenced

You are on the correct path by buying a book on programming, which you mentioned earlier. I encourage you to learn to program, it is a great skill to have and a lot of fun, plus it's the sort of hobby that will keep you happily occupied for years! That being said, to get to the position where you are able to create complex InSim applications will take you at least many months, if not years of learning. Building your own version of LTC is a fantastic long-term goal to have, but in the interim you should set your sights lower. You need to start with "Hello, World!" and build from there. Just be prepared to write a lot of boring, useless programs, before you get even close to the stage where you are able to make the sorts of programs you are thinking about.
#20 - sun
HI !

Yes i am going to do all that. Plus am not going to make somthing like LTC am going to make somthin like CLC. But on like question 3 i really dont under stand because i went on view and it just says Toolbars not Toolbox. Can you help me because am using dec-c++ like am supposed to
Quote from DarkTimes :You are on the correct path by buying a book on programming, which you mentioned earlier. I encourage you to learn to program, it is a great skill to have and a lot of fun, plus it's the sort of hobby that will keep you happily occupied for years! That being said, to get to the position where you are able to create complex InSim applications will take you at least many months, if not years of learning. Building your own version of LTC is a fantastic long-term goal to have, but in the interim you should set your sights lower. You need to start with "Hello, World!" and build from there. Just be prepared to write a lot of boring, useless programs, before you get even close to the stage where you are able to make the sorts of programs you are thinking about.

OMG, I just thought of when I made Hello World! about 4 years ago...and then the 2 years of pointless programs (mostly calculators for some reason...)...but then the 2 years of usefull programs!

Programming really takes longer than you would think...but it is certainly worth it in the end lol
The beauty of programming, you will always find something new to do with it
#23 - vane

Thanks Again !

Owen s2 Licenced.

its hilarious what people will do

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG