The online racing simulator
My LFS CD
(65 posts, started )

Poll : What the uninstall (of any setup program) should do?

Delete the entire installation directory?
Delete only installed files (without config files)?
Good idea... but nothing on there by me? OK so I know my setup guide is part of the WIKI, but my other contributions seem popular too.

[/plug]
well i think that Bobs advanced setup guide should be added to the cd as it is very helpfull for all be it begginer or advanced and i also think adding your Gear ratio calculator wouldnt be bad either...

very good contributions IMO to the lfs community....

u know Bob is the master!!!! we all should hail his masterness!!!!

:biggrinfl

mad
Quote from Pasci :Do you have other content (track layout) to publish on the cd?

The skins from the Master Skinnerz forum would be a good addition. They're all very high quality and look great, plus they're designed specifically to be distributed to a wide audience.

You might also consider putting Don's slow motion vids on there along with "Szwei" and "Run Riot" if there's room to spare. Those seem to be the most well received videos so far and they do a lot to show off the tracks, cars, and features of S2.

About distributing via torrent, it's not ideal but it's the best of a limited few choices. And as long as you're distributing a CD iso it really shouldn't be a problem for most people to burn it to CD.

Now we need to get CD art to go with the package!
Quote from Madman_CZ :well i think that Bobs advanced setup guide should be added to the cd as it is very helpfull for all be it begginer or advanced and i also think adding your Gear ratio calculator wouldnt be bad either...

very good contributions IMO to the lfs community....

u know Bob is the master!!!! we all should hail his masterness!!!!

:biggrinfl

mad

Bob's advanced setup guide is already included in the manual PDF.
Quote from Pasci :I am your opinion. But in addition the necessary resources are missing to me! Do you have a better solution?

no i dont have solution for hosting. maybe lfsteam does.
also if u distro a dvd .iso its ideal for me and someothers, but again it defeats the purpose of the whole project.
one big selfinstalling file is all people can handle.
above that its too geeky for most, unfortunately.
I think You are all getting away from the original idea ( to post the image file of the CD ). IMO there is no need to add anything , because it will be a lot of work and the image file will grow & grow & grow till we'll have a DVD image
Pasci has made a great work and i think he has made enough
... it would be great to have LFS on DVD with a load of amazing stuff, but a 4,7 GB file is a bit much for me

sorry for my english ... tryin' to improove it LOL
I would say quite the opposite. I would like for the CD to include as much as possible (so long as it fits on a single, inexpensive CD-R). That way I can easily distribute the game to friends and they don't have to go through the trouble of hunting down additional tools and downloads. Not to mention, this would be a GREAT thing to give to my brother who is interested int he game, but doesn't really want to download 500MB worth of stuff over 56k.

The people with broadband won't mind the extra download time. The people with 56k won't bother whether it's 250MB or 800MB. So, you might as well go big. So long as it fits on a single CD, I say cram as much stuff on there as possible. I'll burn off a dozen copies and distribute them to friends. Then I'll burn off a dozen more and conspicously leave them in the break room, meeting rooms, outside my office door, etc. CD-Rs are cheap enough that doing so costs virtually nothing. Using DVDs would be another story. Not to mention it would take a lot to find 4+GB of content related to LFS anyway.

One more thing to add: Bob's "Easy Race" setups. When I made a CD for someone a few months back I put those on in place of the Default setups.
Quote from Cue-Ball :The skins from the Master Skinnerz forum would be a good addition. They're all very high quality and look great, plus they're designed specifically to be distributed to a wide audience.

Where I can find/download the skins? Could you send me the url (here or via private message)?

The tool F1PerfView, I think, will be on CD. I've got the permission. :iagree: Some questions are open... but this are only detail questions.
VERY GOOD NEWS
4players.de / GP4Flo will host the image on his server @4players.de! :bannana_p
Many, many thanks to you, GP4Flo!

For a smaller image size some movies will be removed from the CD (like the good, but old S1 movies). The final size and also the final release date I publish asap; also the URL to the download site @4players.de - but this take still some days - be patience
Quote from Pasci :Where I can find/download the skins? Could you send me the url (here or via private message)?

You can get the skins directly from the Master Skinnerz forum. Just look in the "Skin Challenge" forum in each "Round Results" thread or PM me your email addy and I'll send you a small zip with the winners for each round (though some of the runners-up are really great too).
Work in progress...
The next little status report:

All this programs, mods, tools and skins/textures will be on this CD (of course including setup programs):

Core programs
- Live for Speed S2 0.5Q (incl. cmx files for analyzer tools)
- Live for Speed Additional Music Tracks
- Live for Speed S2 Dedicated Host

Mods (visual)
- DesertMod (no uninstall; possible in the next cd release)
- SnowMod (no uninstall; possible in the next cd release)
- HiRes Sky Textures and others

Mods (functional)
- GhostCar
- PitSpotter
- SmokeMod

Tools
- Join2LFS
- mates@track II
- InSim Race Analyzer
- F1 PerfView
- Analyze for Speed
- Gear Ratio Calculator

Skins
- Car Skins from 4players.de, Gobby, Master Skinnerz and others
- Car Skins Austra Racing

Show room
- All S1/S2 cars
- All S1/S2 tracks (but without S2 track layouts)
- S2 Movies (Just Racing, Drift LT, Drift Fury, Drift Fury 2, This is S2)

Documentation
- unofficial S2 Manul (from CD; without installation)
- Keyboard commands (from CD; without installation)
-> Other guides, they not already included in S2 Manual, are welcome (only PDF please)! Please contact me!

Links
- liveforspeed.net
- lfsforum.net
- lfsworld.net
- lfs.racenetwork.de

The new layout of my next auto run program looks like the layout of the liveforspeed.net web site. At the moment it's not perfect and so I won't publish any new screenshots, before I finish the whole project!
But the result will be much better then the first release of my auto run GUI. I promise!!!

My next steps:

Soon I'll create the setup scripts/files, test them, test them again, again and again, still hoping everything will work how it should. If it does, I will create a new handsome ISO image you can work with.

By the way: Thanks to all devs for your great works!
And thank you

This could be very useful if I ever find myself on a new PC with no internet connection. And may well help get more people into LFS!
A new little release status report (should be the last before final release):

The new autorun is done. Some changes are still possible, but will be small (I hope). Please look at the pics! (I publish the pictures of the Autorun yet before the actual publication appointment. )

Some setup programs are done (for example: the core simulation). I hope, the final version becomes until the end of January finished... under circumstances also first on the end of February! My goal is natural the end of january!

Last but not least: My provider allow me to publish the ISO on my domain! So, two download servers are available therefore (the other is still 4players.de).

Feedback to the new autorun screenshots are welcome.
Attached images
ShowroomCar.jpg
Main.jpg
ShowroomMovie.jpg
Links.jpg
ToolsAnalyze.jpg
#39 - Jakg
so when can we expect a final relsease?
one thing, maybe u can change the image for the music pack and the dedi host!
don't like the read font. not really readable...
i may be wrong, but i think there is no "informations" (first screenshot), just a piece of information or many pieces, but still of information. maybe someone from an english-speaking country can confirm/correct.
and the second thing, what CrazyICE said - the text is poorly visible on those buttons.
looking forward to getting this on my hdd and distributing at my uni
Quote from CrazyICE :one thing, maybe u can change the image for the music pack and the dedi host!

Yeah a simple outline effect with a bevel & emboss would make it much clearer.
That's pretty damn cool. Make my LFS more profession in it's sleek and sexy DVD Cover, just need a CD label now... hmmmm =D
Quote from CrazyICE :one thing, maybe u can change the image for the music pack and the dedi host!

Quote from Bob Smith :Yeah a simple outline effect with a bevel & emboss would make it much clearer.

I agree! I will create new button graphics... and publish new screenshots here.

Quote from maczo :i may be wrong, but i think there is no "informations" (first screenshot), just a piece of information or many pieces, but still of information. maybe someone from an english-speaking country can confirm/correct.

If you mean, that someone should read/correct the english descriptions so I agree, else I don't know what do you mean.
Quote from Pasci :If you mean, that someone should read/correct the english descriptions so I agree, else I don't know what do you mean.

.....I think he was only refering to the fact that there is no plural to the word 'information'

CU, Sebastian

PS: This DVD is a great idea
yes, i didnt write it clearly, i meant the "s" at the end. sorry
Quote from maczo :yes, i didnt write it clearly, i meant the "s" at the end. sorry

Aaaah! ok, I will fix this - thanks!
Quote from DasBoeseC :.....I think he was only refering to the fact that there is no plural to the word 'information'

CU, Sebastian

PS: This DVD is a great idea

Only CD - but if S3 is out, possible a DVD ISO is needed?!
Would like someone in the testing of the Autorun help me? Previously I tested it only on Windows XP. It would be also yet helpful if someone could look at the partially "lousy" English texts.

Please use the forum private message function to contact me - thanks!

PS: Look at the new install buttons (all are changed now). I think, it's better readable!
Attached images
Main.jpg
better

My LFS CD
(65 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG