The online racing simulator
dentist
(36 posts, started )
Went to the dentist in the army;
Normal visit, but after it felt odd that my tongue didnt 'recover' from it for a while. It was hilarious when I tried to spit. I looked like Homer when he took horse tranquilizers xD
Quote from The General Lee :

My last dentist was female and when leaning over into my mouth she would also leave a breast resting on my face...Added bonus I guess.

Last time I had that, she was busy chopping up my #38 wisdom tooth (that had pushed #37 into fracture BTW...) I prefer some less painful breasts, honestly.

Hey, I actually like that numbering scheme.
Quote from daddyo :Quick question...

I was told my wisdom teeth are residing under my back molars... and they may push out that way...

Is this a bad thing...

Very bad. See my previous post about one tooth killing another
Quote from daddyo :Quick question...

I was told my wisdom teeth are residing under my back molars... and they may push out that way...

Is this a bad thing...

Ok. Sometimes your wisdom teeth don't have enough room to 'erupt' into the mouth. These so called 'impacted' wisdom teeth can do several things:-

1. Stay where they are 'beneath' the back molars, occurs when very little room. Usually symptomless but can sometimes be involved in a cyst later on.
2. Partially erupt into the mouth. These can cause inflammation of the surrounding gums and decay of the adjacent tooth. (what happened to yoyoML). Treatment is usually extraction of the tooth. This is likely what your dentist was talking about.
3. Fully erupt into the mouth but in a strange position. Rare. Only usually happens if the wisdom tooth is impacted and the adjacent molar tooth has been extracted, leaving the wisdom tooth 'entering the mouth sideways'..

Don't worry about the wisdom tooth displacing your other teeth, or pushing them out of the way, this doesn't happen. What could happen is slight destruction of the roots of the adjacent molars, but this is unlikely. Your dentist will review things over time and monitor any changes.

Conclusion:- Its common, don't worry too much, and see your dentist regularly to keep an eye on things.

To Kev:- It will be just outside Birmingham, don't want to be too specific as don't want to tempt fate.. As a vocational trainee all work is done through the NHS.
Quote from Origamiboy :Ok. Sometimes your wisdom teeth don't have enough room to 'erupt' into the mouth. These so called 'impacted' wisdom teeth can do several things:-

1. Stay where they are 'beneath' the back molars, occurs when very little room. Usually symptomless but can sometimes be involved in a cyst later on.
2. Partially erupt into the mouth. These can cause inflammation of the surrounding gums and decay of the adjacent tooth. (what happened to yoyoML). Treatment is usually extraction of the tooth. This is likely what your dentist was talking about.
3. Fully erupt into the mouth but in a strange position. Rare. Only usually happens if the wisdom tooth is impacted and the adjacent molar tooth has been extracted, leaving the wisdom tooth 'entering the mouth sideways'..

Don't worry about the wisdom tooth displacing your other teeth, or pushing them out of the way, this doesn't happen. What could happen is slight destruction of the roots of the adjacent molars, but this is unlikely. Your dentist will review things over time and monitor any changes.

Conclusion:- Its common, don't worry too much, and see your dentist regularly to keep an eye on things.

To Kev:- It will be just outside Birmingham, don't want to be too specific as don't want to tempt fate.. As a vocational trainee all work is done through the NHS.

Wow thanks....

I just had a look in the mirror... one of them is has actually come out and i didn't even notice...

It hasnt touched anything and looks just like any other tooth no sign of the right one though
Ah, our family's dentist is one of the best in the world.
#32 - Rish
I had a wisdom tooth out a few months back. Every one was telling me how much it hurts to have one out, if that wasn't bad enough it's pretty well known that the dentist i had was a bit heavy handed.
There was not enough room for the tooth and it had started to grow outward towards my cheek, which in turn scratched the inside of my cheek so much that i couldn't open my mouth wide enough to fit 2 slices of thinly sliced bread in between. Anyway she (thats right i said she) pulled the tooth with no problems or discomfort! Now i have to have a good clear out where the tooth used to be because food gets stuck up there!!
I had my wisdom teeth pulled out aswell few months ago and now the other one is making itself known by causing small ache in my jaw and left side of the face, another visit to the tooth doctor is in order I guess.

Last time I was scared as hell, I've never had any kind of operation before. Dentist himself was doing a great job, but removing the tooth was taking quite long since it had to be taken out in bits, lights and power went out twice when he was drilling, taste of the stuff in my mounth was making me vomit and the whole hospital environment was making me really stressed so I had to take a time-out before he could finish the job.
I had a molar out earlier this year, as it had a hole in it which I'd been to scared to go to a dentist about until it *really* started hurting.

It took the best part of 10 minutes to pull out, with the dentist having to stop and have a rest halfway through . As it came out he said 'look at the roots!' Apparently the roots on my teeth are a good 1 and a half times longer than they should be and are all twisted together so they fit inside my jaw, so instead of just pulling it out, he had to kind of unscrew it.
I had jaws surgery on monday. Now I cant talk, chew, eat anything solid and its hurt really bad. But the good side is I get lots of painkillers. But when I play LFS its hurt. . Its a dark period
ok today i went back, to put the filling
took allmost 2 houres!!
3 fillings didnt go, the 4th 1 did,
she rolled her eyes alot :s
i hate it!
and now i'm drooling

dentist
(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG