The online racing simulator
dentist
(36 posts, started )
dentist
so i had pain in my tooth, went to the dentist, hate it,
at first, she said, 2 shots to make in num,
the first shot went ok, but the second 1 she kept poking in my mouth, after bout 2 minutes she said, hmm this isn't going to work, so she took a bigger needle.
when she started doing her thing, it hurt, again another shot, my nerv was infected and had to be taken out, now i talk with alot of spitting, stuff keeps coming loose, (that i think isnt supposed to) and i have to go back in 2 weeks to fill it :s

whats ur worst experience?
Went to the dentists about 10am because I had a broken tooth. Dentist tried to pull it, failed, made me another appointment to try drilling it out. Sent me off with a numb mouth and a swab of cotton to bite on.

Went to get the bus, woman with clipboard approaches, says "Hi, I want your opinion of West Riding buses". I couldn't answer. Nobody had ever asked me how shit West Riding buses were before, and nobody ever has since.

Went to girlfriend's house around 5pm, mouth still bleeding. Eventually went to emergency dentist at 10pm, mouth still bleeding, got stitches in my gum to repair the artery the dentist had sliced open that morning.
Bah, i can't remember how many times my orthodontist screwed something up just so he could "fix" it for $500.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Went to the dentists about 10am because I had a broken tooth. Dentist tried to pull it, failed, made me another appointment to try drilling it out. Sent me off with a numb mouth and a swab of cotton to bite on.

Went to get the bus, woman with clipboard approaches, says "Hi, I want your opinion of West Riding buses". I couldn't answer. Nobody had ever asked me how shit West Riding buses were before, and nobody ever has since.

Went to girlfriend's house around 5pm, mouth still bleeding. Eventually went to emergency dentist at 10pm, mouth still bleeding, got stitches in my gum to repair the artery the dentist had sliced open that morning.

the bleeding i had to, she went like, could u please spit? its bleeding?
i went like wtf!

ok, just had soup, my chin enjoyed it more then i did, couldnt find my mouth, i thought the spoon was on the right place cuz i couldnt feel anything
I have never had anything major done to my teeth just one or two fillings from when I was careless as a youngster. But you can brush till the cows come home (WOW, accidental pun xD) but it doesnt stop things going wrong with your mouth in general.
#6 - herki
I have a good dentist
I recently had a rotten nerve in one tooth, since it hurt like hell I made the appointment as soon as possible.
The insane pain came from the nerve dieing, when I finally was at the dentist it hardly hurt anymore. It was pretty fun from that point on, he tested if I could feel cold on that tooth, and since I didn't he just said he'd drill it open and I should tell him if it'd hurt. It didn't hurt after all, but boy that rotten nerve produced a smell that isn't funny anymore. He even took a photo to show me, along with the comment "If that tooth was still alive it should be bleeding right now"

I'm a good customer, he treats me well
My dentist talks in a code so I dont know what state my teeth are in...

A7F is a Retontus...

I told him the other day..."Stop talking is dentist code and tell me what state my teeth are in" He looked at me all dead pan and said "they are all fine"

My last dentist was female and when leaning over into my mouth she would also leave a breast resting on my face...Added bonus I guess.

Now all I get my Polish code talking detist is a funny smell and knowing even less about my teeth than when I first walked through his door.
Quote from The General Lee :My dentist talks in a code so I dont know what state my teeth are in...

So does mine! He yells out this code and his assistant types them out on a computer.

Quote from The General Lee :My last dentist was female and when leaning over into my mouth she would also leave a breast resting on my face...Added bonus I guess.

If my dentist was like that, then I'd actually look forward to going to the dentist, even though I've never had anything done to me. (in my relitavely short life!) My dentist is male, and surprise surprise, Indian.
I actually really looked forward to the dentist...

She was a real looker and the whole breast in the face thing was top notch service
I've never really had a bad experience at the dentist. I had braces when i was younger, got mocked for it, but now i have perfect teeth so......

I don't go along with the whole six month checkup thing, i went to the dentist just over a year ago, for the first time in six years. The only thing i had wrong was slightly inflamed gums, which were the cause of my visit due to sensitivity to extremes of temperature.

Also, my dentist is a relative, so i get a private dental care for next to nothing

EDIT: Just read that back, i sound like a cocky shite, i assure you i wasn't trying to be
Ok, thought I'd clear up some of this ''dentists' code'' for you all. Pay attention.

When charting your teeth, the dentist starts by calling a number denoting the quadrant that the tooth is in:-

1= Upper right
2= Upper left
3= Lower left
4= Lower right

The second number the dentist calls is the tooth in question, 1 being a central incisor through to 8, a wisdom tooth.

If the dentist sees decay ('caries' in dentist speak) he/she will call the location on the tooth.

M= Mesial ie towards the midline.
O= Occlusal ie the top surface.
D= Distal ie away from the midline.

So, if your dentist says to the nurse ''26 MOD caries'' it means ''There is a lot of decay in the upper left first molar''.

As for fillings, 'amalgam' is a metal filling, and 'composite' means a white filling.

Hope this gives you a better idea of what they are on about.
Mine metioned a "recluse" and I thought Steven Fry was a recluse for a bit.

Is my tooth camp and clever?
Quote from The General Lee :Mine metioned a "recluse" and I thought Steven Fry was a recluse for a bit.

Is my tooth camp and clever?

Could well be. Its common in wisdom teeth!

(sorry )
Bum bum bum Tssssh

Origamiboy - Are you a dentist by anychance?
Quote from niall09 :Origamiboy - Are you a dentist by anychance?

Yes, I start work in practice from February providing all goes well...
Quote from The General Lee :My last dentist was female and when leaning over into my mouth she would also leave a breast resting on my face...Added bonus I guess. .

Nothin' like a bit o' sideboob

Had a wisdom tooth out 5 years ago. Left a gaping bastard blood-filled hole in my gum and a lot of pain, once the novocaine wore off. It was apparently a real mother of a thing to remove and my dentist (bless 'im) was so concerned that he called me late that night to see how I was. How I was, was in pain and drooling a lot, thanks to the huge wad of cotton I had to keep jammed in my cake-hole to keep from drowning in my own blood. The painkillers he gave me were second-rate non-prescription shit so I employed my own special blend - get mashed on single malt and chase it with a family-sized jazz cigarette. Thank hell I was off work. I spent five whole days completely useless. I'd do it again in a second
My dentist is utterly stupid and n00bish! :bananadea
She made a filling 20 days ago and ive lost that damn thing today.
Even 0.99€ SuperGlue would do a better job than this composite stuff she´s using.
I´d sue her if i would live in America
Quote from Origamiboy :Yes, I start work in practice from February providing all goes well...

Quick question...

I was told my wisdom teeth are residing under my back molars... and they may push out that way...

Is this a bad thing...
Quote from Origamiboy :Yes, I start work in practice from February providing all goes well...

Where? Sign me up!

Semi-SRSLY!

o n u can fix my teeth 4 cheep cuz u a nub. kthxbai.
Bah Kev, Brits aren't supposed to have proper teeth, then who's gonna be the butt of our jokes going "Oi, atleast I ain't as bad as a Briton's teeth!"?!

The apocolypse... Brits having good teeth!

AHH!

dentist
(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG