The online racing simulator
#26 - SamH
WE1R/FOX is an easy up-for-grabs, lads.. go for it
xD
Go get it tiger!
I have no problem giving away my setup, I want to win because I'm the best driver, not because I have the best setup.

Quote from The Very End :Haha tell me about it, remember back some weeks ago, there was this dude that looked like he was the n00b at the moment on the server. Then he polite asks me if he can try my set. I say "sure", while I thinking that it couldn`t possible be any tread by doing that, but what do I know? 2 races later he beats my PB with almost a second...
I swear, never more, NEVER MORE will I give away my setups

Quote from Demon68 :I have no problem giving away my setup, I want to win because I'm the best driver, not because I have the best setup.

for sure!

i´m still this stupid nice one, who gives away any set i have,
because of the same reasons
I know you all are past the point system question but I just wanted to add that YOUR NOT SUPPOSED TO KNOW how it works because the idea is that people come on the server to race, not to get their licenses up to the extent that they try to get the 1 extra point for doing something they know will get them more points.
Just curious. Is there a maximum point haul you can get from a single race?
#32 - SamH
It's not programmatically capped. If you line up your final position and laptime in relation to (or thrashing) the lap record, you can feasibly score maximum points.. but what those points are is not chipped into slabs of granite. It's all calculated on the fly using Becky's algorythm (that causes my fillings to start hurting if I look at it too long)
So NOBODY understands the point system... except maybe Becky?

Still, I've been hogging points for the last few weeks. My yellow ratio has gone from 35 to 25 and finished races from 70-something to 82.

I must be doing something right...
#34 - SamH
Well.. I wouldn't say Becky understands the CTRA points system, exactly.. I think she just knows not to feed it after midnight, etc..

It sounds to me like you're doing the right things.. those stats are getting very healthy!
Of course I understand it Sam, but like all my favorite toys it's part heuristic and part algorythm so explaining it to mortals is just out of the question.
I belive there is no limit of points you can get. It depends on time, car, cleaness etc. The max I have got is 145 points in a 20 min race.
I once got over 400 points on endurance day. And I didn't even win. That was before CTRA-X, though.
#38 - SamH
An' kids today.. they dunt believe ya! Those were t'days!
Quote from zeugnimod :I once got over 400 points on endurance day. And I didn't even win. That was before CTRA-X, though.

what reminds me on: BRING THE ENDURANCE DAY BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote from LordBlaster :what reminds me on: BRING THE ENDURANCE DAY BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh no
Remember 20 laps on blackwood with TBO class, got 40 points for winning lol No yellows eighter
yeah, endurance days would be cool . but is there something built in right now? some day i was driving on SS2 on track SO3r (what a great track, never driven before that ) and there were 27 laps or so to go (it's a really short track). and after 6-7 race the software decreases the lap count again. is the race length adjusted directly after the first race on a new track, or could it take some races ? i think for the higher servers there should be a longer races, so both increase: the number of points you can get and the concetration is needed to not get yellows . i think endurance days would be also nice to populate the higher tiers (i would not setup entrance servers for longer races). there is still the lack of drivers on SS2, although there are enough drivers who could drive SS2, so again i come with my thought of extrem point reduction for higher licences on lower tiers
#42 - SamH
AFAIK, endurance races are active now. I thought Becky put them in.
as long as ctra-x is running, i haven´t had just one single endurance race.... for sure
I have seen some of them I belive. Endurance days is when there is extra laps and such? It seems that on normal days it`s 10 min +- racing, on endurance it`s usually something like 20 mins +-.
Seen it at least 3 times.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG