The online racing simulator
I don`t understand the point system
As topic says, I really doesn`t understand that point and ranking system. Currently I`m ranked as #100, and 2th in Norway.
Today I talked with the man ranked as #1 in Norway, and neighter one of us did understand why he almost had 30 000 points while I has aprox 20 000. By looking on the stats I have raced over 6 times more races than he, won more, etc etc, still he has 10 000 points more than me. It`s probally just me that is silly, but can anyone please explain to me why some of the top racers of CTRA seems to have races close to nothing, THO they have hell of a lot of points?

And btw, it`s not meant as critisice or me beeing jelous on them, I`m just wondering since it makes no sence to me. The ones that have races most and won most should have most point?
Don't lap times play a role in the calculations as well?
Yes they do I know that, currently I`m on the top with 22 lap records. I know that points is mostly depending on times, but I like to belive I`m not a snail
#4 - Jakg
100 Podiums is probably better than 1 win don't ya think?
#5 - richy
he more scored points before the X system started logging stats?
Quote from Jakg :100 Podiums is probably better than 1 win don't ya think?

Yes, but I don`t think the podium is a problem eighter, close to 70% of the races I`v raced in I have ended on podium
Quote from richy :he more scored points before the X system started logging stats?

That's my guess, too.
As far as I know, the overall amount of points awarded have been drastically reduced when the X-System was introduced. It's now far harder to get so many points than it was before.
But isn`t it strange that the points wasn`t reseted when the launch of the x-system?
No, not strange at all.

Some people had over 50.000 points and I can imagine they would have been pretty mad if they had lost all of them.
#11 - SamH
Yeah, it's largely more difficult to gain points further back now, definitely. However, if you're good and fast you shouldn't have any problems. It's easier than it was when we first went X, though.

It's very difficult to get the balance right when working on an algorythm, but I think Becky's got what we always intended. Essentially the idea is to accelerate the aliens a little, and give experience to the rest of us, with infinite variations between. Points are calculated based on position, participation, overall speed, an egg and whisk til frothy. Race1 is very much about creating excellent racing on Race2.
Quote from The Very End :But isn`t it strange that the points wasn`t reseted when the launch of the x-system?

don´t tell me you got your 20k while the x-system is running....

the number of races, wins, podiums etc. are just counted since
the x-system was launched, not from the start of the whole
system, formerly known as stcc.

there are some of the top10 racers, who haven´t raced much
since x-system. what you need will follow soon (said sam):

a monthly driver-top10
Quote from LordBlaster :don´t tell me you got your 20k while the x-system is running....

the number of races, wins, podiums etc. are just counted since
the x-system was launched, not from the start of the whole
system, formerly known as stcc.

there are some of the top10 racers, who haven´t raced much
since x-system. what you need will follow soon (said sam):

a monthly driver-top10

I never drove on the server before the x-system came, but I guess that is a bad thing since you wrote
Quote :Yeah, it's largely more difficult to gain points further back now, definitely. However, if you're good and fast you shouldn't have any problems. It's easier than it was when we first went X, though.

The system gives more points than it used to. On X-System launch it gave out about the same number of points with a slight bias to the leaders, but we had loads of completely innadequate drivers moaning at us because we'd dropped points for participation and after a bit the mud began to stick so I adjusted the algorythm a little bit to support good points hauls for clean racers, and consequently the system can now deliver more points than it ever did before.

The belief that the X-System gives less points is wrong, kids today got it easy I tell yez !
While your reading Becky, may I ask one more question hehe?
Why does TBO class gives less points that GTR class?
TBO class is harder to drive so I really don`t see any point of giving less poinst to that. Was a race today with like 16 people, and leader got 40 points, ok enough. Then later on the day there was a 6 cars race with GTR class, and how many points did the leader get? - 71 :S
Both winers had platinum lisence, so it`s not that. I just find it strange that TBO class seems to give less points. But then again, it`s probally just me that is a n00b here
GT cars where a higher licence than TBO, and will be again. The current situation is a bodge.
Quote from Becky Rose :GT cars where a higher licence than TBO, and will be again. The current situation is a bodge.

Ahh ok, when you mention it that way I understand. Didn`t think of the lisence thingy, DOH!
Forgive me :sorry:
Quote from The Very End :...
Both winers had platinum lisence, so it`s not that.

there more points you got, the less you earn. and platinum
is from 15k up to 50k. so there could be a " natural" difference

anyway, 70 points for a single race is more i ever got since
the x-system launch. as a titanium driver i get less then 10
for a win with a new track-record and about 7 for a simple win.

on single-seater licence its about 20 points for a win with full
grid and 10 with less drivers around.

70 points is uhhhh much
The most points Ive earned in a ctra(not SS or B&J) race in the last 3 months is 2 points, if I place lower than 3rd even with fastest lap etc Im lucky to get a single point

Unobtainum is a good name for the next licence

Its so not about the points tho

SD.
Quote from SparkyDave :
Unobtainum is a good name for the next licence

yeah, i know what you mean. but after i lost all interest on points
and began to drive around just for records, i decided to start my single-seater career

and now i´m back into business
Quote from LordBlaster :yeah, i know what you mean. but after i lost all interest on points
and began to drive around just for records

I dont see a point bonus for lap record, used to be extra points for it before X

If I ever get more time for CTRA, SS will probably be my next move too

SD.
Quote from SparkyDave :I dont see a point bonus for lap record, used to be extra points for it before X

not for points, just for fame and glory
Quote from LordBlaster :not for points, just for fame and glory

Tell me about it
But you have to admnit that it is fun to have some lap records?
But damn you hate it when someone beat it with 00.00.01 seconds
Quote from The Very End :...
But you have to admnit that it is fun to have some lap records?

indeed it is, but i lose record after record in the GT2-class, after
not driving there for a few weeks and i think the FJR records i got
so far are not for long

but beeing beating by a blink of an eye can be worse, if the person
does it with your own set (you gave him before)
Quote from LordBlaster :indeed it is, but i lose record after record in the GT2-class, after
not driving there for a few weeks and i think the FJR records i got
so far are not for long

but beeing beating by a blink of an eye can be worse, if the person
does it with your own set (you gave him before)

Haha tell me about it, remember back some weeks ago, there was this dude that looked like he was the n00b at the moment on the server. Then he polite asks me if he can try my set. I say "sure", while I thinking that it couldn`t possible be any tread by doing that, but what do I know? 2 races later he beats my PB with almost a second...
I swear, never more, NEVER MORE will I give away my setups

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG