The online racing simulator
Do you swear alot while driving?
(95 posts, started )
#1 - myx
Do you swear alot while driving? Do you easiliy get pissed off at other drivers?
yes a lot!

WHATAF...B...ASS.... I WANT TO k.. U!
#3 - myx
Quote from otolikos :yes a lot!

WHATAF...B...ASS.... I WANT TO k.. U!

Oh dear. The first corner almost always sends me into a strike of fury.
o yea
Nope...I find anger leads to bad driving. If I take my mind of driving, and start bitching at people for THEIR driving, or just for their stupidity, I lose focus. Same thing applys in racing really. The only emotions that you should let fill you is happiness.
~Bryan~
Quote from dropin_biking :Nope...I find anger leads to bad driving. If I take my mind of driving, and start bitching at people for THEIR driving, or just for their stupidity, I lose focus. Same thing applys in racing really. The only emotions that you should let fill you is happiness.
~Bryan~

Oh great. Now I have images of hippies playing LFS :P

DK
Just becasue I enjoy listening to Hendrix while cruising the mellow scenes of Fern Bay in the laid back XRG, smoking a joint....does NOT mean I'm a hippie
wait a minute...*walks away*
~Bryan~
I tend to keep calm...I am such a laid back person, but once every blue moon (or is it full moon) I get angry because of something, 9/10 its when I'm getting blamed for something wasnt my fault.
I dont swear much when LFS'ing but when I do its out loud in my home where nobody except me and the wife can hear
I certainly dont type my swears, it seems to me alot of players have these swears bound to F keys, they must think it makes them appear more mature, or is it the oppisite?

of course in my reallife car, when I'm not ferrying the kids around, Ive been known to swear a bit, usually after being cut up etc (happens alot around here lol) at least 50% of drivers I see on the roads dont use indicators at all, o maybe justr dont know how to switch them on ;P, they just get a low under the breath grumble

SD.
I laugh more often than I swear. If I spent all my time in LFS swearing at people I don't suppose I'd be enjoying it.
No, I am a very relaxed, I never get nervious. Besides, swearing is useless, it does not convert bad drivers into good drivers, so I don´t swear.
yeah, I do get furious, but then I remember its a game and simmer down after the second turn.
I try to avoid swearing generally although when it does come out it tends to be a string of expletives, rarely in LFS though annoyingly frequently driving normally
in lfs hell yeah!... in rl nope... but in the future maybe yes
What specifically makes you swear IRL? Anytime I'm in a car, back-seat or front, I usually mutter to myself whenever somebody cuts us off, avoids using blinkers, or is just generally driving like a dumb-shit.
~Bryan~
Only when I'm hotlapping and can't get a faster time to save my life.
I hate it when people just sit in the middle lane of the motorway. It annoys my dad no end and I guess it has just rubbed off on me. I havent passed my test yet, but when I do...Look out middle lane hoggers!
#19 - Woz
I am calm when driving. As others have stated, once you let emotion in your driving changes.
i only swear if something goes wrong in a race that i've put alot of time, energy, and emotion into.
IRL, i understand that most people are retarded so i just laugh at most things. I'm 20 and i havent had a single car accident. Avoiding wreckers in lfs really helps me avoid idiots IRL.
I can't say I do, actually driving is one of my favorite activities - both in LFS and Real Life. Sure there are times when people have cut me off, or came close to causing an accident, or even would have caused an accident if I wasn't watching them carefully... But even those incidents don't get me bent out of shape. Sure I think to myself that the situation could have been avoided but what am I gonna do, walk around sulking / upset all day? Nah, I have better things to do in my day!

Edit: In game, I only get bent out of shape if a racer doesn't say sorry when its clearly their fault. If we were racing side by side and I got bumped into a deathly spin I don't mind much - its part of racing. But if someones lapped, and not paying attention and crosses the track infront of me... Yeah thats uncalled for, doesn't get me upset until I ask for an apology and the driver is to cowardly to say sorry. Thats really the only thing that bends me...
In lfs sometimes yes,but u have to to very stupid thing for that.
IRL here in usa i swear every minutes coz the stupid american drivers
Quote from e2mustang :In lfs sometimes yes,but u have to to very stupid thing for that.
IRL here in usa i swear every minutes coz the stupid american drivers

HAHA Lol, my mom swears when its raining and the Americans are driving like 45mph on the freeway
i prefer cussing at the people im in teamspeak with at the time or throwing stuff on my desk.
Quote from dropin_biking :What specifically makes you swear IRL? Anytime I'm in a car, back-seat or front, I usually mutter to myself whenever somebody cuts us off, avoids using blinkers, or is just generally driving like a dumb-shit.
~Bryan~

Yup, that's a fairly good list, though a bit short.

I live in quite a rural area...

- Others pull out of a side road directly in front of you.

- I have 15 minutes to drive my 25 minute commute to work and the idiots are doing 45 mph on a 55 mph road.

- There's plenty of space for the other driver to pull out from that side road way ahead, but when he pulls out, it takes him 14 miles to get up to speed.

- One pedal position drivers (usually the older generation, no offense meant). They do 100 mph down hill, but then slow down to 30 at the top of the next hill because their foot does not move from a single position on the throttle pedal.

- Those who drive 30-40 in the turns and non-passing zones, then floor it on the straights.

- Folks who actually use their indicators, but they do so and begin to slow down 5 miles from where they are going to turn.

- This is big in my rural area. Folks all by themselves with obviously aggravating to them small penis's because they drive Ford F350's for their work commute, then sit on the bumper of my little Nissan Altima at 75 mph in a 55 mph zone.

That's just a few of them.

Oh, one more since I'm in a rural area.... TRACTORS! I'm doing 60-65 mph, pop up over a slight hill just as a stinking tractor that had just entered the road is doing 5 mph! I almost rolled my truck last year (small truck, 1988 4Runner, not a 'my penis is too small' Ford F350 ). I popped over the crest of a small hill and there was a tractor crawling along. Traffic coming the other way, I locked the wheels up and went up the bank on the side of the road.

In LFS? Nah, I don't get pissed. Though LFS can and is taken quite seriously, it's still a game. League racing is too good for accidents to be just that, accidents. And in public racing, there's always another race about to start in 10 minutes or less.

(95 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG