The online racing simulator
Witch computer to get?
(32 posts, started )
obviously you would rather have a Quad core Core 2 Intel, than a "crappY" AMD ...also, might want to think of upgrading the graphics card to something like an 8800GTS, then you should get around...300fps on full quality single player, and around 150-200 on full grid

GOod luck!
Harjun, by the way, just because your computer can run at 300 FPS doesn't mean it should. I'm NOT trying to just be argumentative here, or anything, but I'm just suggesting that if you haven't done so already you might want to limit it to 60 or 80 FPS.
Otherwise its like driving your Ferrari around with the engine hitting the rev limiter. You CAN rev that high, but it's bad practice to strain the engine for that long a period of time if it's unnecessary. It can lead to problems down the road.
Quote from Stang70Fastback :Harjun, by the way, just because your computer can run at 300 FPS doesn't mean it should. I'm NOT trying to just be argumentative here, or anything, but I'm just suggesting that if you haven't done so already you might want to limit it to 60 or 80 FPS.
Otherwise its like driving your Ferrari around with the engine hitting the rev limiter. You CAN rev that high, but it's bad practice to strain the engine for that long a period of time if it's unnecessary. It can lead to problems down the road.

please tell me where i have said that my computer runs at 300fps in my previous post , maybe your in a good mood to ruin this thread because i posted in it....
Godammit Harjun I'm not trying to ruin this thread I was offering FAIR advice. You didn't say that YOUR computer ran at 300 fps, but you did suggest he get an 8800GTS (which is the card you have) so that he could get 300 FPS out of it. I KNOW it's not going to run at 300 FPS with that card, I'm just quoting you to make a point. If you want to be technical:

Quote :By the way, i'm posting with the new computer right now, and its good, with full settings on full grid, LFS is at 80fps, and single player 180fps

That is how fast yours actually runs. The point is, you shouldn't run at anything higher than 60-80 just because you can. It puts unnecessary strain on the components. The point of my post was not that you get 300 FPS, it was that WHATEVER you are running at, you should limit it.

I'm not trying to be an ass - I'm passing on fair knowledge so that you may use it for your benefit.
Quote from Stang70Fastback :Godammit Harjun I'm not trying to ruin this thread I was offering FAIR advice. You didn't say that YOUR computer ran at 300 fps, but you did suggest he get an 8800GTS (which is the card you have) so that he could get 300 FPS out of it. I KNOW it's not going to run at 300 FPS with that card, I'm just quoting you to make a point. If you want to be technical:

That is how fast yours actually runs. The point is, you shouldn't run at anything higher than 60-80 just because you can. It puts unnecessary strain on the components. The point of my post was not that you get 300 FPS, it was that WHATEVER you are running at, you should limit it.

I'm not trying to be an ass - I'm passing on fair knowledge so that you may use it for your benefit.

that was with a 5 year old driver or something, with these new U.S.A drivers, they run like, 20fps better than the U.K ones, dam i had a hell of a lot more fps with those new drivers
Quote from Stang70Fastback :That is how fast yours actually runs. The point is, you shouldn't run at anything higher than 60-80 just because you can. It puts unnecessary strain on the components. The point of my post was not that you get 300 FPS, it was that WHATEVER you are running at, you should limit it.

Microprocessors don't have moving mechanical parts so they won't wear out even if you use them and the FPS limit should be set same as monitor refresh rate. Althought I'm not sure if the difference is noticable on LCDs due to latency (4-8ms?) but I'm not huge fan of those anyways :P
Quote from Crommi :Microprocessors don't have moving mechanical parts so they won't wear out even if you use them and the FPS limit should be set same as monitor refresh rate. Althought I'm not sure if the difference is noticable on LCDs due to latency (4-8ms?) but I'm not huge fan of those anyways :P

Right, but those non-moving parts still have to be cooled by a MOVING fan which gets pinned at max RPM if you run at max performance. It also results in hotter ambient case temps, which is worse for other parts that DO move, such as hard drives. And it also makes for a noisier PC.

In the same way that theoretically nothing bad will come of driving around in third gear as long as you don't over-rev. But you still don't do it, if not for the extra wear, then for the increased noise, and worse fuel economy, etc...

Witch computer to get?
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG