The online racing simulator
Sidewalks in SO tracks (expecially SO town)
Hello,
I've noticed a serious bug if you hit sidewalks (i call them this way, maybe i'm wrong) that are at the limits of the track. I've used an FXR, this problems happens on-line as well as offline (i'm speaking of SO TOWN specifically, but happens as well in other tracks configurations):

-If you hit the internal (very small) sidewalk on the right in the very slow right turn before t2, your car will land on the side, many times on the roof (i guess that a 1000kg+ car should not behave like a paper, thus, the wing effect at 50km/h is quite low)

-If you enter the pitlane on SO Town, and accidentally hit the sidewalk on the right of the turn (i've to do a long left turn in the pit entrance), you get fired away (you literally FLY away) and find yourself in the middle of the track, creating a very dangerous situation to other drivers if you're not fast in spectating or pittin away from there!! illepall

I don't know if this happened before to someone else, and if this has already been pointed out. I hope not to repeat things already known.
I also say that my setup was "normal" and it was not intended to make such "stunts"
yes.. everyone knows about this bug lol.. we believe it has to do with the damage coding
I think that can be filed under the collision wierdness LFS still has, caused by the tyres intersecting objects/track limitations. I guess it will be fixed somewhere in the future when Scawen figures out some special code for that - something like a sanity check of the generated impact force
Quote from XCNuse :yes.. everyone knows about this bug lol.. we believe it has to do with the damage coding

Oh, i've tried to search about this but i could not see something similar so i posted about it. I guessed it was already known.. sometimes it may be funny, but when your are racing "seriously", and you need to pit because you don't have any choice, it's quite scary to enter that pitlane
You can see the effect if you look close when you roll up slowly to one of the problem areas. The tires only detect contact on the very bottom patch. As you get closer to the sidewalk, you'll see the front of the tire clip into the edge. When the contact patch reaches the vertical ledge, it is suddenly pushed up to the higher level. This makes the suspension compress instantly and when it rebounds you take off.

It makes me wonder if the contact patch is always horizontal on uphills and downhills.
Quote from cannonfodder :It makes me wonder if the contact patch is always horizontal on uphills and downhills.

Mmm, now you got ME wondering...
You shouldnt be hitting those sidewalks anyway

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG