(61 posts, started )

Poll : Who/what is to blame?

Closed since :
Driver B
Racing incident/too hard to tell
Driver A
Both of them
Lag
I say driver A is to blame. They were effectively side by side, and A dashed to the inside of the chicane, when he should have left enough room for B. B should not have had to brake in this situation because A was not clearly in front of him.
Driver A IMO.
Insuficient overlap into a left hander (well chicane but it starts with a left).

While FF and FR cars behave very differently as FR need a bit more space in corners, FF drivers completey ignore this for some reason.
I believe this is the main cause of this and many other incidents.
Its both of them i reckon.

A, doesnt leave any room.
B, Doesnt back off.

So they both crash, though A is a douch bag because he gets another person to crash because of him so yeah.
Car B did not have adequate overlap and should have yielded.
Quote from Gentlefoot :Car B did not have adequate overlap and should have yielded.

What? The front bumper of car B was beside the front wheel of car A. That's not sufficient overlap?
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :What? The front bumper of car B was beside the front wheel of car A. That's not sufficient overlap?

When did front bumper become sufficient overlap?!

I still say hatchback got too greedy. Everything has to go extremely perfect to do a side by side in that chicane with 2 different types of car.
Quote from gohfeld23 :When did front bumper become sufficient overlap?!

half a cars length is considered to be sufficient ... he had a lot more than that => every right to keep the inside line
Quote from Shotglass :half a cars length is considered to be sufficient ... he had a lot more than that => every right to keep the inside line

But is that if the car who has that half car overlap is gaining on the car infront, or losing ground? I still rekon Driver B was not making an overtaking attempt, he was defending. Driver A had the overlap and the best line, so B should have let him go. Although if I was an admin I would of let it go as one of those pesky racing incidents.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :But is that if the car who has that half car overlap is gaining on the car infront, or losing ground? I still rekon Driver B was not making an overtaking attempt, he was defending.

i dont see how it matters
hes on the inside hes got plenty of overlap the line is his

youre right about the racing incident though
the driver on the outside didnt really turn in on him either he just pinched him a lot which as i pointed out earlier should have resulted in 2 cars touching a little and thats it
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :But is that if the car who has that half car overlap is gaining on the car infront, or losing ground? I still rekon Driver B was not making an overtaking attempt, he was defending. Driver A had the overlap and the best line, so B should have let him go. Although if I was an admin I would of let it go as one of those pesky racing incidents.

He was gaining due to having the inside line for the first part of the chicane...
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :What? The front bumper of car B was beside the front wheel of car A. That's not sufficient overlap?

Well, strictly speaking no - it's not sufficient overlap. You should be 'fully' alongside by the apex is my understanding. Ofcourse you wouldn't see a racer get penaliseed for an incident like this.

But in simple terms of blame, which is what is being asked here I believe, driver B was more at fault than driver A.
Yep, this is just for plain, simple, brutal blame! (Or no blame, depending on your opinion)
Maybe we are not watching the same vid but isn't driver A the black hatchback (XFG) and driver B the sedan (XRG)?

If this is the case, XFG's bumper was infront of the XRG, however the entry to the chicane is a left.
So, XFG on the right, overtaking by a tad.
XRG on the inside.

IMO, XFG, while only having a bit overtake, took the chance to cut into the XRG bumping him just a bit.
Lag took care of the rest.
While some might call lag accidents like this "racing accident" ot no fault, we are all fully aware of the contact issues and as such, this IMO is A's fault.
Agreed, B could have layed off a bit and let him trough but what are the chances of that happening on a pub server?
A - Did not leave enough room for driver B.
B - Was going way too fast into that turn for the situation. He should have yielded if nothing else than for the fact that it was obvious they weren't both going to make it.

I blame mostly A however, who not only picked a really terrible place to try and pass, but completely forced B off the road.
I'd say it's racing incident.

It's kind of hard to tell, but that chichane is tricky (gotta know the right line). It's sensible that B wants to get his position back, but both A and B didn't want to let go. So it's not uncommon that they fight for it that way (not recommend).
Racing incident in it's clearest example, they could have gotten through, but B got a bit oversteery, and it just ended up in mass chaos.
#42 - halo
A's fault. Before the curve, B did have sufficient overlap.
Come on, own up, who cast that 101st vote and messed up all the percentages?!
Driver B problem... no space dont overtake
Quote from The Very End :Driver A.

Driver B had the inner line in the corner, and he tried to not crash with giving room to drive A, A still didn`t give any room to driver B, so that`s A`s fault.

+1
Attached images
lfsblamegame7.jpg
Interesting result... Not sure if I agree, but it's you (the voters) who make the decisions; so you must be right!
Ouch, missed the cuttoff... But I'd be torn between both of them, racing incident, and driver A. A was Very aggressive in "finishing the pass", eventhough B was still there.
Seems like Intrepid has a point afterall...
Huh? did he even post in this thread?
I wish I could change my vote now, seeing now that I watch again, I think it was A, seeing he left B absolutely no room. At first I thought it was just a racing incident.

The Blame Game - Episode 7
(61 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG