Poll : Who/what is to blame?

Closed since :
Driver B
Racing incident/too hard to tell
Driver A
Both of them
Lag
The Blame Game - Episode 7
It's back after over a month! A new episode of The Blame Game is here on your PC monitors. Watch it at Youtube, or download at Mediafire (51mb)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S-7Xr01rD8
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?7hkgxyzgfcy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3hnDXBTBho (corrected youtube version)
Think carefully, post comments and suggestions in the thread, and please follow these simple rules:

DO NOT name particular drivers when making your point; if you recognise a driver in the crash, do not mention the driver's name.
DO NOT act aggressively to other members who voice a different opinion; we all know how heated accident debates get in game so let's not bring it onto the forum as well.

Enjoy!

Don't forget to pop over to http://batracer.tripod.com/theblamegame for more stuff! (well, not much more, but I like it)
ill go with lag on this one ... didnt seem to me like anyone did something particularly wrong there plus i really want the collision detection problems gone so i feel comfortable blaming it on scawen

btw theres something wrong with your wall of shame this time round
Quote from Shotglass :ill go with lag on this one ... didnt seem to me like anyone did something particularly wrong there plus i really want the collision detection problems gone so i feel comfortable blaming it on scawen

btw theres something wrong with your wall of shame this time round

Shouldn't you have voted "too hard to tell" then?

And yes, that problem cropped up every time I rendered it, so I gave up!
racing incident.
driver A not enough room inside for B to pass.
and next time maybe a non-FR class replay?
You could say it was a racing incident, but I'm going to blame diver B.
There's only one line through that chicane and driver A had it.

Driver B should have realised this and given way becuase he was behind.
Quote from farcar :You could say it was a racing incident, but I'm going to blame diver B.

I haven't watched the movie but I agree with you. The rule of this game seems to be: If In Doubt, Blame Driver B.

To be fair he does drive like an ass, I'm surprised he's not globally banned already.
lol, I voted Driver B... He saw driver A ahead and should of backed off...
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Shouldn't you have voted "too hard to tell" then?

no because without the collision bugs you wouldnt have an episode now
theyd have just swapped a little paint rubbed their cars together in a slightly homoerotic way and get on without anyone ever complaining about it

Quote :And yes, that problem cropped up every time I rendered it, so I gave up!

i didnt actually mean the chopiness i meant that the wall says driver a was to blame the pic is clearly of a car with a big fat c on it and you say driver a was the one that won the poll

Quote from thisnameistaken :I haven't watched the movie but I agree with you. The rule of this game seems to be: If In Doubt, Blame Driver B.

To be fair he does drive like an ass, I'm surprised he's not globally banned already.

beat you too that one
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=527726#post527726
Driver B. A had the line and B didn't have enough overlap. terrible place to try to pass. Just stupid tbh.
#11 - Dru
I voted both of them.

The car being over taken should have lifted as he was behind and had been passed, but the other guy was not fully ahead

The car overtaking was not fully ahead and did not drive the chicane to allow the other driver to drive alongside him.

It's 6 of one and half-a-dozen of the other. Both to blame
Driver B, but its very close. Driver A was making the pass and had the optimum line into the chicane, he was also half a car ahead on entry. Common sense on the part of Driver B would of stopped the crash, just brake earlier, fall in behind Driver A, and try to get him back later on.
Quote from Shotglass :
beat you too that one
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=527726#post527726

That's fine, I steal most of my material from other, cleverer people. It's rare I have to resort to borrowing comedy from Germans though - please don't tell my countrymen!

I have now watched the video, and I'm going to blame driver A (what's the point in not blaming anyone?). 'B' had a good overlap, took plenty of kerb on the way in and 'A' didn't leave him any room. Plus, 'B' sounded like a decent chap in the chat afterwards.

I partly agree with Shot too though - this sort of move happens in real tin-top racing all the time and it's usually not so disastrous.

Honestly I only watch these movies for the voiceover. You are pure gold. I mean that quite sincerely.
Driver A, he left him absolutely no room to get through the chicane.
Driver A for sure. I've overtaken there several times - if the driver being overtaken has some sense, two cars CAN pass there.
A should have left enough room at the apex. B then had to leave room in the next apex.

Its not a matter of whether its a good place to overtake - the problem was the resulting contact. the ONLY place that is bad to overtake is in pit entry/exit - the ONLY place where 2 cars just wont fit.

I've been overtaken (and overtaken) in SO1 infamous chicane, in AS1 fast chicane in the fox (t2 and T3). I've driven two LAPS of South City Long side-by-side with no contact. That includes the hairpin, the weird left-left-right chicane in the middle of the circuit. The only time in those 2 laps I wasn't side-by-side was in the main straight.
If both drivers observer clean driver rules, you can be side-by-side ANYWHERE.

When you are being overtaken, you ARE going to loose time. Be it by defending your position (taking a non-optimal line through corners to negate inside overtaking underbraking), or by leaving room to the other car (taking a non-optimal line).
I didn't think B was overtaking, he was in the process of losing his position due to a mistake at the previous turn.
Driver B should back off at that point. There is not enough room for two cars in that sicane and driver A was clearly ahead.

Technically driver B is right saying that because they where side by side, both had to make room. B couldn’t go further to the left, but also A hadn’t enough room to move his line because he was facing another tire wall on the right side of the sicane.
In these circumstances the driver who is ahead and/or has the optimum line goes first.
Driver A.

Driver B had the inner line in the corner, and he tried to not crash with giving room to drive A, A still didn`t give any room to driver B, so that`s A`s fault.
Quote from Shotglass :
i didnt actually mean the chopiness i meant that the wall says driver a was to blame the pic is clearly of a car with a big fat c on it and you say driver a was the one that won the poll

Now that is embarrassing... Thanks for pointing it out
first time i voted for racing incident ever
Maybe A shouldn't attack, maybe B shouldn't go so much over curbs, maybe A shouldn't go so close to him or maybe B should throttle of more, who knows, it's just racing incident both of them are fault.
Racing incident, which basically means both are at fault... One could have backed off (when side-by-side - yeah right), the other could have left more room (which he probably meant, it just wasn't enough), no pass was made in the entire video...

I seriously don't want some of you guys stewarding a race... :doh:
thanks mp3astra again :P
I say racing acident kinda hard but driver a had the line driver b could have beighn more pacient
#24 - Jakg
Driver B leant on the other driver and made no attempt to slow down on the entry to that corner, and imo is more to blame - but A probably should of seen it coming and got out of the way, tbh.

B / Racing Incident imo.
clearly driver B, all he had to do was back off a little. A had already overtaken him.

edit: who is that pretty girl mr cobra?

The Blame Game - Episode 7
(61 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG