M&M vs. Smarties
(75 posts, started )

Poll : Which of these do you prefer?

M&M
Smarties
Both
None
#26 - JTbo
Smarties I got when I was a kid, that was about two centuries ago, I think those never really catched up in here, M&M is rather unknown product here as I'm pretty sure I have never seen those in a shop.

However both of those are not very cost effective and also not my favorites either.

I prefer this, much better value
(Couldn't find pic that would worked and would have been in proper angle)
Quote from JTbo :I prefer this, much better value

Haha, was thinking to post that but though someone else would do it anyway.
Someone tell me the name of them sweets form holland. They look like little waffles, and are hard and taste like butter. whenever i goto holland, i always grab a load as i LOOOOOVE THEM!!

Wish i had some now....
#29 - JTbo
Quote from Blackout :Haha, was thinking to post that but though someone else would do it anyway.

It is quite well selling product

I think Kg price is around 7.6€, but you see now at Christmas time those 9 piece bundles, those are having price of 11€/kg, so better be careful which package you buy, 11€/kg from big bundle is bloody ripoff, imo.

Edit: Oh yes, these are not available everywhere, but when I see them I need to buy a lot and I have probably never even checked what they costs, incredible good:
Quote from MAGGOT :AFAIK, Smarties are only available in Canada, so this poll will be lost to most people.

lol what???? Smarties are everywhere here, and made in NJ. I don't buy the little kids pack ones too... I get MEGA Smarties

M&Ms are so-so... I'd really only like to have Peanut Butter M&Ms or Reeses Pieces.
I voted Smarties. I like the taste, and it`s actually possible to get in the shope too. We don`t have M&M in Norway
Have to go to our neightbours Sweeden or Denmark for that sort of candy.
Smarties all the way. "I eat the red ones last!"
Everyone knows red ones are the best :up:

Dammit, now I want a choc fix. I feel like getting a 2L bottle of milk and stocking up on Fruchocs, Maltesers, Smarties and those awesome little peppermint truffle bars from the shop near my old house :yummy:
Quote from JTbo :Smarties I got when I was a kid, that was about two centuries ago, I think those never really catched up in here, M&M is rather unknown product here as I'm pretty sure I have never seen those in a shop.

However both of those are not very cost effective and also not my favorites either.

I prefer this, much better value
(Couldn't find pic that would worked and would have been in proper angle)
http://www.dvdnet.fi/catalog/images/fazersini.jpg

I prefer these:

I know it is swedish and brown but I think it's better

You know what I'm thinking right now?

Well, chocolate, you dumass!
#35 - SamH
American Smarties are like British Refreshers. British Smarties are like American M&Ms (with a thinner shell). American M&Ms are British Minstrels. British Minstrels were originally called Treets, and this is where "melts in your mouth, not in your hand" came from.. before M&Ms were introduced in the US.

Chocolate trivia. Gotta love it
Simply put, I can eat waaay more M&Ms before I start to feel sick...
Ooh ooh I want some Junior Mints too *drool*
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Someone tell me the name of them sweets form holland. They look like little waffles, and are hard and taste like butter. whenever i goto holland, i always grab a load as i LOOOOOVE THEM!!

Wish i had some now....

Like... butterwaffles? We have them too, pretty good yes. And you can also get pretty large ones, but the small ones always taste better.
Smarties for me. In Czech Reoublic they are called Lentilky but are virtually the same thing. Love them! mnmnmn

I like peanuts, but not with chocolate so i don't like the nutty version of M&Ms.
M&Ms for me. I tend to eat al the candy coating off the m&m and then let the chocolate melt in my mouth. Very good.

Peanuts FTW!
I love chocolate. And other sweets.

Chose "both", as I am not too picky. But generally It would be like this M&M's peanuts (yellow pack) > Smarties > M&M's (brown pack) > M&M's Crispies (blue pack). The latter really tatse aweful, which doesn't save em if I have nothing else to ease my need for sweet ^^.

On a sidenote, Forbins Smarties are called Fizzers here, and they are in fact a little fizzy.

There are also smarties lookalikes here in austria (and probably germany too), which have a very strong mint taste, which I really like. can't find a pic of the pack though, as I can't remember the name and the brand

On another sidenote: what's with all the fuzz about the colors? They taste all the same anyways.
personally i think skittles own they are tha 1337 h4x0rs.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Someone tell me the name of them sweets form holland. They look like little waffles, and are hard and taste like butter. whenever i goto holland, i always grab a load as i LOOOOOVE THEM!!

Wish i had some now....

Stroopwafels! :yummy:

This is more confusing than talking cars with a global community.....

Pizzelles

Though, your Stroopwafels look a little thicker, more waffle like, than Pizzelles.

Just name everything the same freakin thing for crying out loud!

I saw in a thread a long time ago, someone posted a picture of potato chips. It was a different name, but the logo and bag graphics design was exactly the same as Lay's chips.

What is Hershey called outside the US? I definitely know what Hershey is, I'm about 5 hours away from Hershey.
M&m Ftw!!!!
Quote from mrodgers :
I saw in a thread a long time ago, someone posted a picture of potato chips. It was a different name, but the logo and bag graphics design was exactly the same as Lay's chips.

Since a few years the name of the chips here in Belgium changed from Croky to Lays. Belgium was like one of the only countries where the brand had a different name, so now we also have Lay's chips.
Quote from sgt.flippy :Since a few years the name of the chips here in Belgium changed from Croky to Lays. Belgium was like one of the only countries where the brand had a different name, so now we also have Lay's chips.

We had Croky aswell, but it was gone for a while. Now it's back again.
Damn I really like that green one
#49 - JTbo
Quote from mrodgers :This is more confusing than talking cars with a global community.....

*harvesting*
Just name everything the same freakin thing for crying out loud!
*harvesting*

Could not agree more, there is too many same words that mean completely different, also with cars too (truck for example).

Of course it would be too easy if certain word would have similar meaning, some might get out of work then, horrible
Smarties (nestle ones^^) FTW!!!

M&M vs. Smarties
(75 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG