The online racing simulator
Need for Speed Pro Street XBOX DEMO OUT!
(135 posts, started )
Oh yes if we actually believed the Daily Mail then we have 30 illegal rapist immigrants living in each of our bread bins, and the world will end in 30 seconds due to a minor treatable illness. According to them off topic threads kill 250 million innocent babies every year.
You sir, you confuse me
Quote from Jakg :

I did a 7-page long essay on McDonalds, and then one on Health & Safety for my "Applied Science" course - i've read every single "Health & Safety" scare story, and realised that the Daily Mail (and my parents who read the poxy thing) are a bunch of journalists who's arseholes could do a better job

Sorry should of quoted that.
Downloading at 5kb/s

I think I will wait until tomorrow...
28 Hour left

This is SOOO fast
I'll just wait till tomorrow. I'm not gonna wait 20 hours for only a shitty arcade game.
Whel the intire game wil bee out verry soon
Il just judgte that

somehow i guy the crap every year
36 hours

Almost there!
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Oh yes if we actually believed the Daily Mail then we have 30 illegal rapist immigrants living in each of our bread bins, and the world will end in 30 seconds due to a minor treatable illness. According to them off topic threads kill 250 million innocent babies every year.

That made me laugh, especially the bread bins part. LOL
The problem is that wasn't too far from the truth, check out the headlines on their main page and you will see what I mean...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pag ... home.html?in_page_id=1766

...if I read the Daily Mail I would probably build a panic room and live in it.

ummmm something on topic...how do you think the damage system will work, can you pick how much you want to repair it...like put your own tape on bumpers...or will it just be an option to do a budget patch up on your car?
Just finished the download at a constant 142KB/sec (max download speed for me) from Filefront.

Gonna check it out once it installs.
Well,i tried the demo... For me it was alright game,but defenetly not the "old nfs" style.This is more like turned into a lil bit more simulating then arcade.The demo is too short,not more than 10 min... I think i will play the full game,just to see what they did,but for me nfs ended with the most wanted..
Filefront works much better. I may as well have been back on dialup with the first links.

Back on off-topic, LOL. I just read in the local newspaper the other day that a lady was suing K-Mart (discount store) for charging tax on a non-taxable item. Toilet paper I think it was. She was overcharged $0.28, so she was suing for $100 plus court costs. I'm wondering what kind of "pain and suffering" she underwent being over charged by $0.28 that necessitates a suit for $100.

I haven't seen what the outcome of this was if there has been an outcome of it. It's not the American people's fault for all the frivolous lawsuits here. It's the idiot judges that don't throw these cases out of the courtroom. Thus, the greedy will show up if the cases go through to 'cash in' on their greed.
Quote from mrodgers :
I haven't seen what the outcome of this was if there has been an outcome of it. It's not the American people's fault for all the frivolous lawsuits here. It's the idiot judges that don't throw these cases out of the courtroom. Thus, the greedy will show up if the cases go through to 'cash in' on their greed.

Hmm... I was always under the impression that it's the lawyers that want to get work by telling people sue other people. After a while people get used to suing for even trivial matters.

Here, only a locked 8% percent of examinees get lawyer licenses every year so we don't have too many lawyers, and hence, unneeded lawsuits. I don't know. I could be purely speculating and totally wrong. But I think having too many lawyers is a bad thing.

But hey, my girlfriend's trying to become a lawyer. So carry on suing or I'll sue you!

Back on topic... During the time I typed this post, the demo download went from 66% to 80% wheeeeee!!!! Worthplaying is fast
#93 - Jakg
Quote from mrodgers :Filefront works much better. I may as well have been back on dialup with the first links.

Back on off-topic, LOL. I just read in the local newspaper the other day that a lady was suing K-Mart (discount store) for charging tax on a non-taxable item. Toilet paper I think it was. She was overcharged $0.28, so she was suing for $100 plus court costs. I'm wondering what kind of "pain and suffering" she underwent being over charged by $0.28 that necessitates a suit for $100.

How much do you think the store makes every day by charging an extra $0.28 on some items? Chances are she realised how much she'd probably spent over the years needlessly, and wanted them to realise that "they'd been caught".

I know that at a chicken processing plant down the road they bought a machine that could cut a few extra mm of a piece of chicken so that they would have more to sell, and although it was only a few mm's it paid for itself in a month.

The machine was £100,000.

I tried the demo and the control is as bad as previous versions. EA killed NFS again :thumbsdow
It's not as bad as the previous ones imho.
i think its quite good actually but how the hell to i turn of the aids, ABS TC.....
Attached images
nfsProStreet044.jpg
nfsProStreet005.jpg
nfsProStreet034.jpg
downloading now, at a nice 1.54 mb a second.
Tip: try it with a wheel...
Well, tried the demo and it was....quite bad.

About the driving feel, first thought that came into my mind was Screamer. Oh well, I guess the game is targeted towards console fanboys who are happy aslong as it has enough bloom effects.

Speaking of bloom effects and graphics, the game is quite heavy. I'm running on A64 2,25Ghz and x1950pro and game is barely playable even with 800x600 and all settings to minimum, while looking worse than NFS: Porsche 2000 (which I like very very much).
Hey, I'm pleasantly purprised! This game actually has better FF than ISI (with G25)! I only wish they had properly supported large rotation wheels so I don't have to limit it to 240 degrees. Some of the vibrations do feel too strong and I'd like to tune them down if possible. But the underlying force is very nice. There's not any annoying steering damping, either.

Performance wise it doesn't seem to run much slower than Carbon, but the graphics is 10 times better. Perhaps I just like this new style.

The speed run feels appropriately fast, although the fast USA stages in RBR still feel faster and more dangerous. The grip race is a little lifeless thanks to all the aids that stay on no matter what. And why does ABS flash when I'm cornering, on the gas?

Basically, speed run isn't quite RBR and grip race isn't quite LFS. It's got its own style and I like it very much.

I'm considering ditching Race07 in favor of NFS

Need for Speed Pro Street XBOX DEMO OUT!
(135 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG