The online racing simulator
Noooooooo! Not Xmas!!
(53 posts, started )
I like the christmas atmosphere for a couple of days... then it gets old :|
It's good I don't go out much then

And usually I'm drunk hour later, so I don't see much anyway. Everything ok for me
Quote from BlackEye :It's good I don't go out much then

And usually I'm drunk hour later, so I don't see much anyway. Everything ok for me

Rakija is gooooooooooood
Quote from Crashgate3 :The worst thing about Christmas is endless Christmas songs on the radio at work.

CHRISTMAS SONGS MAKE ME WANT TO STAB PEOPLE.

Thats why all this sudden violence here in Norway, it`s all those perky x-mas songs!
Quote from Crashgate3 :The worst thing about Christmas is endless Christmas songs on the radio at work.

CHRISTMAS SONGS MAKE ME WANT TO STAB PEOPLE.

My brother and I both worked at a grocery store when he reached the age to work. He was still in high school, while I was working my way through community college. He only worked something like 5 hour shifts. We were on break together when he said he counted 17 different versions of [/i]Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire[/i] all played within the first 3 hours of his shift.
Out halloween party decorations stuff looks like christmas thingys /o\
Quote from Madman_CZ :I have planned for the first time in 14 years to spend this year xmas with my family back in Czech Republic but that depends on whether I can afford it.

Ah dammit, so I'll finally come back to Portsmouth to see you and you won't be there?

Quote from mr_x :the MetroCentre (shopping centre near Newcastle) has had their decorations up and switched on for the last week or 2... absolutely crazy! It's not even bonfire night yet!!!

I was there lunchtime today birthday shopping, it's just so weird to see decorations and xmas gifts everywhere. It doesn't feel festive at all yet, I certainly won't be thinking about it for a while (other than organising transportation for said visit to Pompey, as train tickets are much cheaper way in advance).
#34 - Rish
Quote from Bob Smith :Ah dammit, so I'll finally come back to Portsmouth to see you and you won't be there?

hehe.. you didn't tell me you were coming back, git! Well i can stay if you pay me
Quote from Bean0 :Bah Humbug !!!

I saw a furniture ad last night (possible DFS) with an xmas tune in the background, madness I tell you...it's still bloody October.

It's not xmas until the Coca-Cola ad with the lorries has been on TV. (There was no xmas last year)

So true

I think there the only ones that are realistic, and post there adverts at the correct time, usually at the beginning of december afaik.
The single worst thing about Christmas for me, more so than early decorations and f**king awful pop songs, is the fact that I work right slap-bang in the middle of the UK's third largest commercial centre. For four months of the year I see nothing but hectic shopping on my way too and from work... Thousands and thousands of shoppers, queues coming out of every shop door, public transport that feels more like a cattle transporter. Still, at least the company I work for is not seasonal, so I actually get a rest when I'm doing my job!
Humbug! All this Xmas advertising & Santa posters & Jesus-y stuff and noone ever mentions Mithra. It's his birthday too, y'know.

I'm glad my work closes down between Chrisbo and NYE. That way I only need to take four or five days leave on top of that to make it an even two weeks or so. I need it to do the 2000km roundtrip to see my folks, my inlaws and head to our friends' beach house for a few days' solid drinking. And all without a single sodding carol or hymn or sermon. Bliss.
#42 - dev
Quote from Madman_CZ :Rakija is gooooooooooood

I remember last Xmas... A couple of my friends and I spent it in Czech Republic... I'll never forget those little green bottles of booze with around 70% alcohol in it, all I forgot about it is it's name
absinth?
If the world is to go green, shouldn't we get rid of christmas? Think of the energy and resources wasted to produce all the wrapping, decorations, piles of mindless tat for "stocking fillers", etc. and then all the energy to keep the lights, etc. going for a month.
#45 - DeKo
i generally enjoy christmas songs, although i am a complete weirdo.
I do my bit for the enviroment: I'm an atheist.
Quote from Hankstar :Humbug! All this Xmas advertising & Santa posters & Jesus-y stuff and noone ever mentions Mithra. It's his birthday too, y'know.

I'm glad my work closes down between Chrisbo and NYE. That way I only need to take four or five days leave on top of that to make it an even two weeks or so. I need it to do the 2000km roundtrip to see my folks, my inlaws and head to our friends' beach house for a few days' solid drinking. And all without a single sodding carol or hymn or sermon. Bliss.

Mithra???

Anyways it must suck to have a birthday on Christmas. As a kid, I had a friend down the street that had a birthday on X-mas eve. He said he felt cheated... oh well at least his parents named him John...

The thing about X-mas that really bothers me is Why do we have a tree and sleds and flying reindeer instead of ice-cream, birthday cake and I dunno a pinata? After all it is a birthday.

Gee Hank, You don't even watch The Grinch?
My dad's birthday is on Xmas Eve actually, as is my brother's wife's and that of one of my cousins. They probably do feel a bit cheated sometimes - many a time have I heard the "well, this is a big one so it's for your birthday and Xmas" Mine's in July, luckily - bang in the middle.

Mithraism was a religion practiced by Romans in the middle east after contact with Persian adherents. It's contended that Paul of Tarsus (Saul) was a Mithraist until discovering Christianity. Mithra was thought of the earthly representative of Ahura-Mazda, the Zoroastrian deity, and was known as "the light of the world". Mithra's birthday was celebrated on December 25 and he apparently taught on earth for 36 years until ascending to heaven in 208 BC.

Merry Mithramas everyone :up:
#49 - dev
#50 - Rish
Its pretty bad the xmas ads being on the tv already but today (well, technically yesterday) i went to do a job at a customers house and they had their xmas decorations and tree up in the house already!
:mr-t: Crazy fool.

Noooooooo! Not Xmas!!
(53 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG