The online racing simulator
Noooooooo! Not Xmas!!
(53 posts, started )
Noooooooo! Not Xmas!!
Ok, i've just seen a Christmas themed advert on the TV, an Argos advert......... It's the bl***y 30th!, of October!, OMG! :nut:
Hate to say it, but there are bars in the center of Glasgow with Christmas decorations up...
You think THATS bad? Mrs B (who works in M&S) was ordering f***ing EASTER EGGS this week!!
If we can someday install software upgrades to our brains, some kind of xmas crap filter & blocker is the first one I'll want.
Quote from deggis :I wish someday in the future we can install software upgrades to our brains. Some kind of xmas crap filter & blocker would be great.

The way things are going,one day we will.
Quote from deggis :If we can someday install software upgrades to our brains, some kind of xmas crap filter & blocker is the first one I'll want.

Don't need upgrades when you got booze!! Just blocks EVERYTHING (better than a firewall!)
Irealy like christmas siting in a room watching movies with your wife(man) girl(boy)friend ore friends and family

Giving presents having fun talk with my friends and family
Quote from Bladerunner :Don't need upgrades when you got booze!! Just blocks EVERYTHING (better than a firewall!)

True. For me Christmas starts on the 24th of December and ends on the 26th... The rest of the time it's blissful oblivion that sees me through.
I suppose the mary-jane is more of a trojan/adware/spyware killer, depends which way you look at it
On topic: I've seen a few comercials on TV now for holiday savings, holiday gifts, and clothing...
~Bryan~
Quote from Chrisuu01 :
Giving presents having fun talk with my friends and family

i like more to receive
Paighton town centre already has all the xmas lights up down the highstreet. Looks plain daft when your walking under them and its still warm enough to be outside in just a shirt. A pub there already has the tree up! Madness.
#12 - dev
They started in Croatia too I mean, I like Christmas, but it's not gonna be here for more then a month...
Quote from Bladerunner :Don't need upgrades when you got booze!! Just blocks EVERYTHING (better than a firewall!)

True but all outgoing ports are left open, vunerable to leaking potentially private data lol.
^LMAO

Sheesh, you guys are complaining about seeing Christmas stuff now? I was shopping with my wife on her birthday, October 5th, and the store was busy putting up the Christmas trees on the displays.... October freakin 5th!

It was the typical Walmart, for those over on this side of the pond. Are there Walmarts overseas? If not, I'm sure it won't be long until you do have them.
I love christmas because of traditions (not religious), it brings up good memories and is a nice peaceful moment between the gray normal life. But I'd also like to start waiting it in December, not October..

Unfortunately once again, money matters.
Quote from mrodgers :It was the typical Walmart, for those over on this side of the pond. Are there Walmarts overseas? If not, I'm sure it won't be long until you do have them.

Wikipedia:

Wal-Mart operates in Mexico as Walmex, in the United Kingdom as ASDA, and in Japan as The Seiyu Co., Ltd. Wholly-owned operations are located in Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Puerto Rico, and the UK. Wal-Mart's investments outside North America have produced mixed results. In 2006, Wal-Mart sold its retail operations in South Korea and Germany due to sustained losses and a highly competitive market.
#17 - Jakg
In the UK we have Asda, who are owned by Walmart (or are now, after they bought them a few years back).
Quote from Jakg :In the UK we have Asda, who are owned by Walmart (or are now, after they bought them a few years back).

I was gonna say that, but it was in Deggis' Wiki quote, so i didn't bother
Christmas: it's the fourth season (spring, summer, autumn, xmas), so of course it lasts three months.
Heh , Christmas, many people's excuse to drink and get fat. Personally I don't enjoy xmas at all, too commercial and as most of my family is in Czech Republic it hardly has the homely family gathering feeling.

This year I have received a Christmas catalog on 26th of August and the first window display with a Christmas theme was around the first week in September. Talk about crazy!

The reason is due to people being very short of money they want them to start buying earlier. Last year the period running up to xmas wasn't good as sales were down due to high interest rates and people being severely in debt.

I have planned for the first time in 14 years to spend this year xmas with my family back in Czech Republic but that depends on whether I can afford it.

mad
Christmas is my reason to get an xbox360.
The worst thing about Christmas is endless Christmas songs on the radio at work.

CHRISTMAS SONGS MAKE ME WANT TO STAB PEOPLE.
#23 - mr_x
the MetroCentre (shopping centre near Newcastle) has had their decorations up and switched on for the last week or 2... absolutely crazy! It's not even bonfire night yet!!!
Bah Humbug !!!

I saw a furniture ad last night (possible DFS) with an xmas tune in the background, madness I tell you...it's still bloody October.

It's not xmas until the Coca-Cola ad with the lorries has been on TV. (There was no xmas last year)
Quote from Crashgate3 :CHRISTMAS SONGS MAKE ME WANT TO STAB PEOPLE.

Yes, it seems that even the ones that do not want to be part of this whole commercialized celebration are forced upon them Xmas songs. They really after a while get on your nerves! I mean they can play Xmas songs to get people into the spirit of Xmas but every flipping store/shop/petrol station/ they play the same bloody songs!

Noooooooo! Not Xmas!!
(53 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG