The online racing simulator
ValueMoD - Want more lock?
(130 posts, started )
tried all different kinds of stuff....nothing worked...well beside steering lock.

@scooby - simply stick to the manual and u will get it working
idk why i always like to drift with 15 of steering wheel lock... dont know im wierd hehe more lock can make the car undriftable
this mod doesn't work...
"mod" works fine...
(not really a mod, it's just memory editting like lfstweak)

just read the included manual... it's easy
Attached images
90lock.jpg
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :tried all different kinds of stuff....nothing worked...well beside steering lock.

@scooby - simply stick to the manual and u will get it working

Weight handicap works too... Now if only Tweak would work with all cars and the new version...
hmm...tried it and didnt seem to make a difference
if someone can change height minimum value, say it here... wanna change it...
Quote from madden14 :can you post screenshots or instructions on hoe to use it please.

i am confused on how to use it

When you download the rar, there is a file inside which is named ReadMe.txt, you know why its called ReadMe? Because you are supposed to read it
hey

First of all grats smurfan nice job finding this out very useful for realistic lock for drifting XRT i read the manual and folowed instructions carefully yet it still dosnt work could u pm me?? and explain what im doing wrong

Cheers!!

sam
Make sure you go back on the track (leave pitting mode) everytime when you do Search with C-O-M.

I can change the minumum speed for the TC (on BF1) to O kmph. So you have always TC, except when car is moving backwards. Not very usefull or realistic, but .
Did you try a negative number? Should work in reverse then.
ok, i think im gonna make a PDF tutorial with pics to explain it a little better [joke]to the small minds [/joke]
couldnt have said it better myself, just remember to exit the pits each time you have changed the lock

there is instructions in the readme if someone have not noticed..
Quote from Bob Smith :Did you try a negative number? Should work in reverse then.

Yes, I tried that, but it did not work.

I also tried negative values for the wing angle, to generate lift and let the BF1 fly, but without result.

Most fun is to give the BF a negative brake force off about 1500. . First go 200 kmh by the engine, then go to neutral and then use the handbrake .

(Kind of a hybrid car then, power by the combustion V8 and another silent power source, haha. You won't use fuel so it very good for the environment

When you use the handbrake when you stand still you will blow your tires.
Negative wing angles won't make a car fly. They'd be so inefficient outside of their design parameters that they'd produce drag, drag and more drag (which isn't properly modelled in LFS anyway, because it doesn't need to be).

Plane wings don't suddenly produce downforce with a slightly negative angle of attack, so why should a car wing produce lift with a slightly positive AoA?
Quote from tristancliffe :Negative wing angles won't make a car fly. They'd be so inefficient outside of their design parameters that they'd produce drag, drag and more drag (which isn't properly modelled in LFS anyway, because it doesn't need to be).

Plane wings don't suddenly produce downforce with a slightly negative angle of attack, so why should a car wing produce lift with a slightly positive AoA?

It was just something I wanted to try. And I know that the downforce of the car itself (diffusor etc) is also calculated, and that was not changed.
Hey, the lock thing worked but I keep doing the same thing with the suspension but doesn't work . I made sure that the rear suspension was an original value (different from any other setting) but after I repeat the steps a few times, it tells me "I didn't find it, please make a "new search". Just wondering, is it possible to mod hp, torque and weight? because I've been itching to try 1300 hp in the BF1
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :still I'd go with my S2 lisence name no matter how bad it is. its very bad isn't it ;P

it is very bad, because its something to do with me, although it isn't called harjun, its mine, i gave him the licence, thats why he still likes his account, plus it has his own reputation, and his own posts

this is quite confusing to get it to work
Quote from Jakg :TheIrishMan, i think

He doesn't have the web-password.

It is Irish Man, and he does have the web password
#45 - Jakg
I'd delete that asap, else it he might just find that some unscrupulous guy changes the Gamepassword and steals the account...
Quote from tristancliffe :Plane wings don't suddenly produce downforce with a slightly negative angle of attack

actually they do ... otherwise how would you explain 0g or negative gs in a plane ?

not to mention the fact that with lfs' simplistic aero model his idea is perfectly reasonable
Quote from Leprekaun :..... Just wondering, is it possible to mod hp, torque and weight? because I've been itching to try 1300 hp in the BF1

I suggest you try a brake value of -1500 or something like that, that will do!
It's very likely not possible to use negative values on fields that normally work with positive-only numbers. I'm pretty sure Scawen is clever enough to use unsigned data types for non-negative fields (like the weight addition is an unsigned byte).
That's also the reason why huge numbers won't work (or screw up the game), the maximum value of a single byte is 255, so the maximum added weight for example is 255 kilo's. If you go beyound 255, it will overwrite the next byte in memory, which will probably break something (or even crash the game).
Quote from kingfag :It's very likely not possible to use negative values on fields that normally work with positive-only numbers. I'm pretty sure Scawen is clever enough to use unsigned data types for non-negative fields (like the weight addition is an unsigned byte).
That's also the reason why huge numbers won't work (or screw up the game), the maximum value of a single byte is 255, so the maximum added weight for example is 255 kilo's. If you go beyound 255, it will overwrite the next byte in memory, which will probably break something (or even crash the game).

You are most probably right, I wanted to 'Set' a very high value for added weight and I saw ingame that it also affected 'Air intake restriction'. However, there are some items which can have higher values then 255, like the brake force for instance, those may have values up to 64k or from -32K till 32K

ValueMoD - Want more lock?
(130 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG