The online racing simulator
LFS Replay Analyser 1.1
(226 posts, started )
Okay thanks

But, the replays I save are in MPR (Multiplayer) and according to the manual of the analyzer it requires singleplayer files .SPR. Is it not possible to analyze multiplayer games ?????

The manual states: Creating RAF files LRA reads the replay data from RAF files. To create a RAF file, watch a single player replay (.spr) in LFS. At any time during the lap before the lap you want to analyse, press Esc and click on "Output lap data", then type in a file name. LFS starts writing to the RAF file will be started when the car enters the lap; writing is completed when the car crosses the finish line. The filename is given the extension ".raf", and stored in the "lfs\data\raf" folder.
The file formats are completely different, MPRs don't store the information required.
LFS cannot generate an RAF file from an MPR replay.

An MPR file contains samples of a car's data at a low frequency. (Four times per second, I think.) All the smoothness that you see when viewing the replay is because LFS "guesses" the intermediate states. Theoretically you could write these states to an RAF file, but the data will be full of artifacts (= weird). It won't be very useful for analysis.
Cool app, similar to F1Perfview as already said, but with a clean touch that I like.

It's still a pain in the ass having to create RAFs, but well, that's not your problem Scawen please, give us the "not real time" RAF generator :P
XY plots rocks good work
Very nice, this could become my default analyzer of choice
Hey!

What a great utility indeed! I wonder why I haven't noticed this one earlier... The crosshair combined with the dot on the simple map is just what I was always longing for when using F1PerfView. That plus the ease of use in general is what makes this app great

If I may point out one disadvantage, I'd say I don't really like the all white background here, I'm too used to the F1PerfView colour scheme. If there is an option to change it, please tell me. Would be hard to find cons for this app then

Thanks.
Quote from Profi :If I may point out one disadvantage, I'd say I don't really like the all white background here, I'm too used to the F1PerfView colour scheme. If there is an option to change it, please tell me.

No, there is no option to change the colour scheme. Personally, I don't like the black background of F1PerfView, so I never thought of making it configurable.
in properties window are some data from car setup ... is it all what you cand find out from RAf file or is it possible to find out all data from car setup (steering, wheels, final drive - rear)?
Quote from Ondrejko :in properties window are some data from car setup ... is it all what you cand find out from RAf file or is it possible to find out all data from car setup (steering, wheels, final drive - rear)?

LRA shows all setup data that is present in the RAF file. The rest of the setup data (caster, diff lock, tyre pressure) is not written to the RAF file by LFS.
Quote from wsinda :LRA shows all setup data that is present in the RAF file. The rest of the setup data (caster, diff lock, tyre pressure) is not written to the RAF file by LFS.

ok
I tried loading a replay from an autocross run, and lra crashes as soon as I open the raf file. Does it not handle autocross? Or have I done something incorrect?
Quote from Murray Peterson :I tried loading a replay from an autocross run, and lra crashes as soon as I open the raf file. Does it not handle autocross? Or have I done something incorrect?

I haven't tested it with autocross. It could be that autocross is difficult to support, because there is no predefined course along the track by which the car's progress can be measured.

But in any case, LRA should certainly not crash. Could you mail me the RAF file, so I can debug LRA?
Quote from wsinda :I haven't tested it with autocross. It could be that autocross is difficult to support, because there is no predefined course along the track by which the car's progress can be measured.

But in any case, LRA should certainly not crash. Could you mail me the RAF file, so I can debug LRA?

I mailed you a link to the file (I can't see how one can send attachments via the email system here).
Quote from Murray Peterson :I mailed you a link to the file (I can't see how one can send attachments via the email system here).

Thanks!

As I expected, RAF files from autocross can't be loaded, because they don't contain the car's distance from the start of the lap. This distance is the central measure along which the laps are compared: it's the X dimension for the graphs.

A solution would be to use the elapsed time for the X axis. But that will require a thorough rework of the source code.

I've changed LRA so it will present a decent error message. The fix will be in the upcoming version (0.6), which should be ready in a week or so.
Thanks for looking at my problem. Looks like I may have to implement my own autox analyser.
Quote from wsinda :Perhaps AnalyzeForSpeed works for you.

I tried it, and it's not suited for autox either. Oh well, I guess this gives me something to do for the winter
Version 0.6
Great work wsinda, keep it up! Love the dashboard view!
Anyone else having trouble with the new ver (0.6) crashing with Vista 32?
It can't seem to load the graphs and freezes (not responding).
Ver 0.5 works fine in Vista 32 for me, so have gone back to that for now.

wsinda, are you aware of any such bugs?
Quote from flinty72 :Anyone else having trouble with the new ver (0.6) crashing with Vista 32?
It can't seem to load the graphs and freezes (not responding).
Ver 0.5 works fine in Vista 32 for me, so have gone back to that for now.

wsinda, are you aware of any such bugs?

No, I hadn't heard of it yet. I'm using XP myself.
(I shouldn't be surprised, really. LRA has changed a lot under the hood, and Vista's reputation of backward compatibility is less than flawless.)

I'll look into it. I've PM'ed you for details.

EDIT: I think I have found the bug. (Linked with the wrong lib version. :doh Please try the attached exe, and let me know if it works.
Attached files
lra_0.61_beta.zip - 1013.4 KB - 496 views
Hi there... i've got the same problem with vista...

When load a .raf program crash....

Marco
Quote from Penknife :Hi there... i've got the same problem with vista...

When load a .raf program crash....

Marco

I have the same problem in XP, when I try to load RAF file it crashes....

LFS Replay Analyser 1.1
(226 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG