The online racing simulator
Hornless GTRs
(18 posts, started )
Hornless GTRs
Hi all, do you think the horns should be removed from the GTR class cars? Reason being that there isn't one GTR class car that has a horn that is used in competition/on track
As far as I know that´s not correct. FIA-Rules says that

"The horn may be changed or an additional one

added or removed." Art 253-5748 Group 1

So just don´t use it. =)
I wasn't aware of that regulation, but AFAIK, I can't recall an instance of a horn being used in a RL race

DK
Quote from DieKolkrabe :I wasn't aware of that regulation, but AFAIK, I can't recall an instance of a horn being used in a RL race

DK

I wasn't aware of that regulation too, but AFAIK, I can't recall an instance of a horn being used in a LFS race

BK
I feel sure they have been used in races, they would have their uses in the BTCC or Clios
#6 - ajp71
Whilst they may remain on (very) near standard cars I still can't think of any time I've heard one being used on a track, if they were abused like they are in LFS I'm sure complaints would be raised about their usage. Most racing cars have a replacement steering wheel and I've never heard of any team going to the trouble of fitting the horn mechanism somewhere else (what would be the point anyway?).
Did FOX and FO8 have horns before? Do I remember right but the horns got removed when they got the updated cockpits in April patch? Next patch will have updated GTR cockpits, so 1+1=2...
Quote from deggis :Did FOX and FO8 have horns before? Do I remember right but the horns got removed when they got the updated cockpits in April patch? Next patch will have updated GTR cockpits, so 1+1=2...

Yes, the formula cars in LFS had horn before I belive.
Or, the Fo8 at least had, then the BF1 came and it was removed.
But I`m not completely sure.
Quote from Crazy Harry : FIA-Rules says that

"The horn may be changed or an additional one

added or removed." Art 253-5748 Group 1

I think that's specifically for the FIA BRC.
Quote from xaotik :I think that's specifically for the FIA BRC.

ROFL

According to Super 2000 rules, the horn is free. Keep it in
TBH even when you are using it in GTRs, you simply can't hear it cause of the loud engine noise
i don't even use horns of the demo cars ...
I think the horn is a good way of showing your frustration on track. And if people can hear it, that means they are weary of your feelings.
Then when they get punted off. They know why
Quote from BlueFlame :I think the horn is a good way of showing your frustration on track. And if people can hear it, that means they are weary of your feelings.
Then when they get punted off. They know why

Thats a good way to frustrate ppl too. How much time can you drive with an idiot on your back horning all the time???:chairs::arge:
Well maybe that idiot is just horny.

Anway, I'm not sure about horns, I don't see why we need them. Sure you can show your frustration, but you can also just wipe it off and keep driving. Usually if people use their horn on me, I get frustrated a little with them, I just don't see why you would bother. I only ever use my horn when I mess up some corner or something.
If I want to pass someone and I'm alot faster and they are blocking or whatever I usually use my lights... But this is useless seeing as no one uses their goddamn mirrors anyway...
I think the horns are fine right now, as far as i remember, any modded / upgraded car (GTRs) have no horns and stock cars do, I like it that way. I don't know why, but just do
i like it the way it is right now. Since i drive chase view with no mirror, if someone honks i get a much better idea of where they are.
Quote from [DUcK] :If I want to pass someone and I'm alot faster and they are blocking or whatever I usually use my lights... But this is useless seeing as no one uses their goddamn mirrors anyway...

You really think blinking your lights is noticeable in LFS? You can sit behind me all day blinking your lights. I do pay attention to my mirror (only one, can't see the side mirrors), but I see you with my perceived peripheral vision as I'm concentrated on the track ahead. I certainly am not just lapping around staring at the mirror to notice a very small texture up in the corner of my screen changing from light grey to white and back.

Hornless GTRs
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG