The online racing simulator
What is your ideal length race?
(72 posts, started )

Poll : What length races do you enjoy the most?

10 laps
30 mins
45 mins
60 mins
5 laps
15 laps
90 mins
2 hours or more
75 mins
I voted 30 mins on the grounds that, whilst I haven't raced very seriously on LFS yet (still learning the tracks), that was a good marker on other sims I have done in the past, I would have said somewhere between 30-45.
In past experience there's always the risk that, regardless of the individual commitment of the competitor to do the race, the field could be cut down by RL issues if it's getting to an hour or more (disconnects, taking care of kids etc).
OK so the majority of people like 30 minute races. I have taken this onboard and will introduce an addition to the GFC for season 2. I plan to introduce dual class racing with TBO and GTR classes for next year. The races will shadow the GFC season taking place an hour or two before the start of the main GFC races. The races will be around 30 minutes in length and the series will be known as the Gentlefoot Tin Top Challenge (GTTC). Go to http://www.gentlefoot.com/LFS/forum/viewtopic.php?t=259 for more info.

The rules and judicial procedures will be identical to that of the GFC which can all be seen in the forum. Hopefully it will be as successful as the GFC too.
Quote from Gentlefoot :OK so the majority of people like 30 minute races. I have taken this onboard and will introduce an addition to the GFC for season 2. I plan to introduce dual class racing with TBO and GTR classes for next year. The races will shadow the GFC season taking place an hour or two before the start of the main GFC races. The races will be around 30 minutes in length and the series will be known as the Gentlefoot Tin Top Challenge (GTTC). Go to http://www.gentlefoot.com/LFS/forum/viewtopic.php?t=259 for more info.

The rules and judicial procedures will be identical to that of the GFC which can all be seen in the forum. Hopefully it will be as successful as the GFC too.

Oh, a TBO league. Very nice. And short races. Even better.

If I have time, I´d love to take part. Please please please please please include Westhill Rev. It´s my favourite track for TBO´s.
(Along with So Sprint 1, So Sprint 1 rev and Ky GP Long rev).
Quote from Kalev EST :Oh, a TBO league. Very nice. And short races. Even better.

If I have time, I´d love to take part. Please please please please please include Westhill Rev. It´s my favourite track for TBO´s.
(Along with So Sprint 1, So Sprint 1 rev and Ky GP Long rev).

Yep - westhill reverse is currently on the calendar and I agree - it's a classic. I can't see it getting dropped
Since i play only on pubs, my fav lap option is - belongs to the track too - 5 to 10 laps.
I prefer short races.
I vote 30 minutes.

since I got a bit more serious about being a pilot, I started practicing 30 minute races and I found the true joy of LFS is in being consistently close to my limit because then when I meet other good pilots on that layout we have excellent close battles.

true, it's quite long for public races, but I've lost count of the number of public races I was just getting comfortable in when the darn thing ended.

oh and btw thank you for your efforts in building something for the community +1 for GFC
-
(Tigershark) DELETED by Tigershark
Endu under 1 hour?

Some people really have a weird sence of endurance...
i voted 10 laps cos like when racing casually on online servers thats it but in leauge races i say either really short or really long, i hate mid lenth races, cos there too long to be exciting close races but not long enouth to be considered a proper enduro
5 laps.

I can't stand sitting for very long and if I'm racing when the parents are home, I'm lucky to finish that much.
Lol...
3 X 5 Laps for me
Quote from bbman :Endu under 1 hour?

Some people really have a weird sence of endurance...

I actually agree, an endurance race should at least be like 1-2 hours. But then again - I have not drive an endurance race yet, so what do I know
i think about 10-15 laps max would be nice for a no pit stop race and maybe 20-30 laps max for those with pit stops. Anything longer would be a little boring cos things rarely change for longer races unless something dramatic happens.

I also like short 5 laps races cos I can just get in there race and then go off. And if I get wrecked I dont have to wait ages for the next race.

I think the short races shld be on weekdays and the longer ones shld be on weekends. Cos people tend to have more time on weekends than weekdays. Sorry to offend those that work on weekends.
I realy get into endurance driving, i done alot of it. and i always do better than sprint races. I think its more because i can push for longer periods, where others tend to drop off.
OMG, it's Neil!
Quote from count.bazley :OMG, it's Neil!

Lol and what did that have to do with the topic?

5 mins races on CTRA, plix plix?
Nothing much, I posted my proper contribution a long time ago, it's just rare to see Neil on the LFS forum is all.
You`re forgiven.
Good to see that it`s not only spam whores on this forum too :rolleyes:

one that lasts from the start to the finish

sadley most of mine last from the start to a guard rail
Quote from tinvek :one that lasts from the start to the finish

sadley most of mine last from the start to a guard rail

;(

Yeah, many of mine ends in T1.
T1 hero that not brakes and hit my ass + crash detection = The Very End drove into a restricted area
The Very End for The Very End!
Quote from [DUcK] :The Very End for The Very End!

Lol yea, everyone seems to have fun of it when my car lies murderes on the side of the road

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG