The online racing simulator
Rendering with Blender Tutorial
(194 posts, closed, started )
Quote from jonaz lindberg :I mean do a floor or ground just like robps has done here.

I will read the tutorial tomorrow, don't have the time now but thanks

Oops..Sorry
1. Add a plane
2. Scale to size you want
3. Add new texture
4. go to tab "mirror transp". Enable "Ray mirror" and "play with the values for "Ray mir (0.5)" and "fresnel (1.5)"

Setting blender GUI:
http://i174.photobucket.com/al ... LFS_Blender_mirror_II.jpg

"Result"
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w107/sir_tooby/UFR.jpg

Hope this is what you where asking for
Sorry all for not answering

I've uptated the download link for the blend files package.
Quote from Tooby :Oops..Sorry
1. Add a plane
2. Scale to size you want
3. Add new texture
4. go to tab "mirror transp". Enable "Ray mirror" and "play with the values for "Ray mir (0.5)" and "fresnel (1.5)"

Setting blender GUI:
http://i174.photobucket.com/al ... LFS_Blender_mirror_II.jpg

"Result"
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w107/sir_tooby/UFR.jpg

Hope this is what you where asking for

Thanks, that was what i did mean

U can see my render in the attachment.

PS. Is there any place where i can find already done rims for Blender so its just to import?
Attached images
TOOLS.jpg
Sry for double posting but i did get a new prob and that is:

The FZ5 rearlights are very strange, they are grey. Or everything exept the indicator. You can look at the image that i have attached.
In Blender the lights are in FZ_Interior2, should they be attached to that or should they be attached to somthing else?
Attached images
TOOLS rear.jpg
Actually LFS uses additional mesh coloration/material setting to get lightning parts workable in game. The textures are correct but in that case you must separate the light part faces to assign to them a new material and set it up like this to apply a coloration to the texture:

Quote from Bogey Jammer :Actually LFS uses additional mesh coloration/material setting to get lightning parts workable in game. The textures are correct but in that case you must separate the light part faces to assign to them a new material and set it up like this to apply a coloration to the texture:

Thanks for the help It's just perfect to have u nice guys here on the internet, ask a qeustion and u have a answer in no time at all

I would like too now what u all thinks about my renders, do the suck or is they not too bad for a first try and what can i change too make them better and so on...
What can I understand is you achieved perfectly the tutorial despite of your English (and mine). So this tutorial is good.

Now to complete your renders, like I said in an above post, you must to fine work the materials, get them more realistic (the ones from the tutorial are basic default), and to create an attractive background. If you choose a blank one, you must work the scene and learn more about Blender to apply realistic reflections and lightning on the car since a simple white background gives weird results.
Quote from Bogey Jammer :What can I understand is you achieved perfectly the tutorial despite of your English (and mine). So this tutorial is good.

Now to complete your renders, like I said in an above post, you must to fine work the materials, get them more realistic (the ones from the tutorial are basic default), and to create an attractive background. If you choose a blank one, you must work the scene and learn more about Blender to apply realistic reflections and lightning on the car since a simple white background gives weird results.

How do i change background best way, like do it so it looks like it is on a road, is the best way:

1.Just do a plane and put a picture on it (or would that just look weird) or 2. Do whole the road in Blender by myself (this vill take a lot off time)?

Quote from Bogey Jammer :you must to fine work the materials, get them more realistic (the ones from the tutorial are basic default)

Sry for n00b qeustion but i don't really understand what u do mean, shall i change the material and if, how to do that?

EDIT: One more qeustion, how do i do the car body more shiny and lesser noisy? Look at my renders and i think that u understand what i mean.
Couple of my test renders
Attached images
test (1).jpg
test (3).jpg
Hi!
I have been doing some changes to the UFR and have come to a knowledge of what a BIG job the team of LFS have done. It's one thing to try to do some small changes (but it takes time...) and another to make it from a scratch. When I tried to smooth out car I was wondering why the had made the modeling the way they had. When I tried to map the LFS skin to the "new" car I noticed what a big job it is to line up the UV mesh for the car. Thats the reason why I only show the car in one color...

Hat of for the team of LFS
/Tooby
Attached images
UFrr.jpg
What are you talking about? it's great!!

your skills are amazing mate
hi ive downloaded some of the materials from that blendermats website, but how can i put them on the lfs cars that wer posted earlier in the thread? if someone can tel me how that woul be good. because i cant do it from what the website tells me.

Open your scene project, select File>append, look for the material library you've downloaded, reach the section materials and select the desired materials in the list (right click for multi-selection). Check the "append" button is pressed (not the "link" one) and finally valid the selection. The materials should appear in the material list.
How to import a *.blend file? I mean too another blend scene?
Open your .blend file project, and like just above (File>append then select the other .blend file to import), instead selecting a material, find the scene contained in the .blend file to import.
Quote from Bogey Jammer :Open your .blend file project, and like just above (File>append then select the other .blend file to import), instead selecting a material, find the scene contained in the .blend file to import.

I have tried many times but i doesn't work!
Quote from Bogey Jammer :Open your .blend file project, and like just above (File>append then select the other .blend file to import), instead selecting a material, find the scene contained in the .blend file to import.

i think , it should be not scene , but all files from "Object" dir in *.blend file

for me working
Quote from toper :i think , it should be not scene , but all files from "Object" dir in *.blend file

for me working

Still doesn't get it/work, can't someone take som screenshots (step to step) so I really know that i have done right
Afaik smooth can be done in 2 ways.
1. its for whole object in object mode - press " Set Smooth " in
link and materials panel.
2. for vertex / edges in edit mode - press " Set Smooth " in
link and materials panel.

Imo better way will be in edit mode. Nice wheel
Looking for final render. Good luck.
How the heck do I put a image down onto a plain? Something like what we do with skins just I can't get the image I want to show on the floor. It just comes out regular gray.
Did You add some material to that plain ?
This thread is closed

Rendering with Blender Tutorial
(194 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG