The online racing simulator
Colin McRae Memorial Rally
(40 posts, started )
#26 - vane
**** i missed it!!!
Quote from VTiRoj :Just a last Q, is 6 GMT the same 6pm

The UK is in British Summer Time at the moment so 18:00GMT is 19:00BST. In other words, the race is at 7pm if you're in the UK.

Quote from vane :**** i missed it!!!

Missed what mate?
Quote from horrgakx :The UK is in British Summer Time at the moment so 18:00GMT is 19:00BST. In other words, the race is at 7pm if you're in the UK.

Ah, okay

See you guys at 7
so 8 oclock in spain just to shut my dad up cos he thinks hes right and gmt is the same as england even tho were in summer time
6gmt =7 bst= 8 cet ?
-
(horrgakx) DELETED by horrgakx
Well! That was great even though I lost the sprint race and didnt make it to the end of the feature, but its the thought that counts

Shame there was about 6/7 of us though

R.I.P Colin McRae, you'll never be forgotten.
Am gutted my connection didn't last
Was a fun event, however, was disappointed by the turn out. Half of the people who signed up didn't show . I guess a lot of people respect Tristan's opinion on the matter. Very disappointing and suprising. I know that some people can have work or are busy but there are definitely more than 14 who can compete.
Quote from Leprekaun :Was a fun event, however, was disappointed by the turn out. Half of the people who signed up didn't show . I guess a lot of people respect Tristan's opinion on the matter. Very disappointing and suprising. I know that some people can have work or are busy but there are definitely more than 14 who can compete.

sorry i couldnt go, i was on school
It looked like fun, I would have definitely been there if it wasn't midweek while I was at school.

Btw, what is the song in that youtube vid? I forgot it's name, lol.
Quote from Mr.Phonso :It looked like fun, I would have definitely been there if it wasn't midweek while I was at school.

Btw, what is the song in that youtube vid? I forgot it's name, lol.

the verve - bitter sweet symphony
Its alright Chano and Phonso, I understand some people are busy but the people I'm talking about are those other people who weren't but don't want to participate. I'm not saying that I'm holding a gun against a person's head and tell them "JOIN OR ELSE!" but I mean there have been 766 views of the thread, there can't be 10 or 20 out of those people can join?
Quote from Leprekaun :Was a fun event, however, was disappointed by the turn out. Half of the people who signed up didn't show . I guess a lot of people respect Tristan's opinion on the matter. Very disappointing and suprising. I know that some people can have work or are busy but there are definitely more than 14 who can compete.

Hi guys,
I'm very sorry, couldn't make it to home in time. i left the office early enough to catch the race but there was an incredible traffic everywhere, so i took the ferry to gain some time...it wasn't enough.

Anyways, thanks for your effort Leprekaun.
Quote from Leprekaun :Its alright Chano and Phonso, I understand some people are busy but the people I'm talking about are those other people who weren't but don't want to participate. I'm not saying that I'm holding a gun against a person's head and tell them "JOIN OR ELSE!" but I mean there have been 766 views of the thread, there can't be 10 or 20 out of those people can join?

It was good of you to stage the event - and marked a line in the sand for Colin. I could not make your event - like I couldnt make the 2 I should have been at today (work commitments this morning).

My RL car club, were at a Rally show today at Chatsworth House. We were fortunate to have Colins CHampionship winning Subaru on our club stand. (We are affiliated with Prodrive who own his old car). At 4 pm, the Rally demos were halted and the only engine you ould here was his car - running for 1 minute, then applauded by over 150 Subarus "Sounding off". If you want to see the tribute our club paid to him - check the next edition of Fast Car Mag (the car won the FAST CAR best stand award)

The 2nd event I missesd was a run up to Lanark to his funeral - attended by 127 cars (all Subarus of many shapes and sizes). A 2 lane convoy up the M6 - Then down into Lanark for the funeral.

Today was a a sad day, made good by all those who loved colin and what he did. He made many people like me, want to own Subarus, and want to drive them very much like he did.

Getting back to the point.

It did not matter how many turned up - what you all did by being there was enough.

RIP Colin

Colin McRae Memorial Rally
(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG