The online racing simulator
Colin McRae Memorial Rally
(40 posts, started )

Colin McRae was undoubtedly, one of the nicest people and one of the greatest rally drivers ever. We lost a great legend too soon.

To show respect to the great legend of rallying, I've decided to host an event in memory of him called the Colin McRae Memorial Rally. I hope that many people can attend

The format of the event will be the following.

Red text means a change has been made

Date: Wednesday, 26/09/2007 (Changed date due to league races)

Time: 6 PM GMT

Car: RB4

Track: Fern Bay Rallycross

These are some basic guidelines for drivers to follow. This is detailed information on what is allowed but I won't be strict on it. I just require for each driver to drive cleanly and fairly

Overtaking

*When passing someone on the inside you must have your car at least half way along side to have the right of way.

*If you try to pass around the outside then you must be fully along side the other car, otherwise the leading driver is entitled to take the normal racing line.

Defensive driving

*The driver who is leading is entitled to drive defensively. This is to protect their position. Other drivers should be aware of this.

* Drivers should not block the cars behind.

Expansion: The lead driver is entitled to make one move to maintain their position and one move to return to the normal racing line before every turn.

Re-entering track

*If for any reason your car leaves the track you should look around to see if there are any oncoming racers before rejoining.

*If you are off the track you may reset your car IF there are no other drivers near you, if there are other drivers near you, wait until they have left the scene of the accident before resetting the car.

Car Damage / Fuel

*If your car is damaged or low on fuel, remember to keep off of the racing line and be prepared to give way to other racers. It's a good idea to use your hazard lights.

Contact

*Rubbing and tapping are all parts or everyday racing, so these are allowed as long as it doesnt harm anyone's race or gain you an advantage. Due to occasional lag, small taps may cause a major crash, so be careful. Its preferred that drivers make their best efforts to avoid it.

*If you gain an advantage from making contact with another driver, you must allow that driver back through. If this is not possible then it's down to your integrity to apologise.

Lapping

*Backmarkers will be lapped by other cars, this is an everyday occurrence.

*Other drivers should be treated with the same respect as drivers you are racing.

*When you receive a Blue Flag it is your responsibility to wait until there is a safe place to allow the car behind to pass. The usual allowance is three Blue Flags or in the case of LFS, Three Corners.

Pitting

*When pealing away from the racing line, care should be taken as to the cars around you, make sure your path is clear to the left or the right. If possible, signal your intentions with the use of your cars indicators.

*Do not cross the pit exit line and be prepared to give way as drivers on track have right of way.

Deliberate Corner Cutting

*Cutting a corner, or deliberately running into tyres on a chicane will not give the driver an advantage. Keeping the car on the track at all times is vital to clean racing.

Event Format:

There will be 2 qualifying sessions, each being 15 minutes. In each session, there will be 7 drivers on the track that are allowed to do as many laps as they like in session but once the 15 minutes are up, the server administrator will end the session.

NOTE: In qualifying, each driver has been placed randomly in his/her group.

After the 2 sessions have been completed, there will be a 5 minute break to allow the server administrator to organize the groups. During this period, the drivers are allowed to practice on the track if they wish to test their setup. After the administrator is finished organizing groups, he/she will end the practice session.

There will be 2 heats and the grouping system will be as follows.

1st, 2nd, 5th, 6th, 9th, 10th and 13th will be in Group 1

3rd, 4th, 7th, 8th, 11th, 12th, and 14th will be in Group 2

Don't worry, I know it seems complicated. The server administrator will be calling up the drivers for each group.

Each heat will be 12 laps (around 15 minutes).

NOTE: All competitors must stay on the server during the heats. This is to save time for the server administrator to go looking for drivers to get them to race in their heat.

After the 2 heats have been completed, the top 4 will be chosen from each heat to complete in a Final round. This race will be 20 laps.

After this race is completed, its suffice to say that the winner will be the champion of the Colin McRae Memorial Rally and can feel proud of his/her achievement.

Skin posted

If you're interested in competing or co-hosting with me, either post a reply to this thread saying that you're interested or please send me a PM via the LFS forums or an email at: leprekaun_lfs@hotmail.com.

NOTE: I will not add any more people to the list unless they do of the above

1. [DR] Leprekaun (leprekaun)
2. [DR] Tys (tyscaargh)
3. [DR] JAM'ez (jamesrowe)
4. dba| Dennis93 (Dennis93)
5. dba| Martin S (Attila)
6. R4R Horrgakx (horrgakx)
7. [TE] Fang (DieKolKrabe)
8. R. Hero (Racer Hero)
9. Xspa Chano (chanoman315)
10. zorer (ZORER)
11. VTiRoj (VTiRoj)
12. [Euro-R] Jack (jwardy)
13. bjoerk (bjoerk)

14. bleu wolf

I've contacted a few teams already to help me co-host this event.

These are the following teams that are interested:
I very much appreciate the support I received from the following teams, however, I will only need 1 server to host the event due to the low number of participants so the event will run on the Colin McRae Memorial Rally server

Dynamic Racing
(http://www.dynamic-racing.co.uk) Server Admin: [DR] Leprekaun LFSJoin Link: Colin McRae Memorial Rally

Team Den Blå Avis (http://www.lfs-dba.dk/)*

Ready4Racing (http://r4r.org.uk/ )*

Triple7Racing (http://www.triple7racing.net)*

Team Eire

Fusion Racing (http://www.fusion-racing.net)*

*Awaiting confirmation

If you have any further inquiries about the league or interested in competing or co-hosting with me, you can contact me via a PM on the LFS Forums or by MSN or by email at: leprekaun_lfs@hotmail.com

Kind Regards,

Leprekaun

This is for you Colin.

Rest in Peace Champ :'(
It's a great idea for honoring Colin. Maybe we could get this race broadcasted?
Well, I don't really know how the broadcasting thing works. If someone would be willing to tell how to do it, I'm all ears .
is there really that low interest? :eek:
#5 - ZORER
I'd really love to join.
But i can't make sure if i'll be able to get online in time because of my workload at office.
So, count me in please but don't get angry if i can't be there.(i'll try)
ty.
#6 - buedi
I would join too, but I am not at Home on Wednesday and besides that... my G25 is broken (the all known Shifter Problem)
Just thought I'd say that my very kind team mate, a mr. Tys has already a server up for the combo RB4/FE Rallycross.

For LFSJoin Colin McRae Memorial Rally, Kindly provided by [DR] Tys
i would like to join but cant make the 26th so just sayin R.I.P Colin & Johnny mcRae
-
(Leprekaun) DELETED by Leprekaun
-
(Leprekaun) DELETED by Leprekaun
Sign me up please...ill try and be there
Skin UPDATE
Skin UPDATE. Made a small change to it.

Low Resolution version:
Attached images
RB4_ColinMcRae.jpg
High Resolution version:
Attached images
RB4_ColinMcRae.jpg
I would join but:
A - To early
B - Midweek not good for me.
C - Have too many leagues to practice for atm for me.
Quote from jwardy :i would like to join but cant make the 26th so just sayin R.I.P Colin & Johnny mcRae

ok checked what im doing and 26th im free now so sighn me up
i'll be there
Sorry Lep, i probably will not be there due to lfs le mans race
Ayiii

I thougth it was a sunday. Don`t know where I got that from.
I work late every monday to thursday, and can`t participate in this race

Sorry for that Lep

I can see that an other dba racer Martin S has showed his interest on the danisk site
Man, I guess i'll have to drop out due to school over here
my racer name isent jack 2007 , dunno y its done that , its [Euro-R] Jack
hi i would also like to join the rally. rip colin
Any chance of changing the track to Blackwood? Even though its tied with Fern Bay in the poll right now
well, I'll do a random draw to be honest. I swear I'll be fair .

Random draw says...

Fern Bay Rallycross

sorry VTiRoj , I honestly placed 2 papers in a hat and pulled one out and it was FE Rallycross.
Quote from Leprekaun :well, I'll do a random draw to be honest. I swear I'll be fair .

Random draw says...

Fern Bay Rallycross

sorry VTiRoj , I honestly placed 2 papers in a hat and pulled one out and it was FE Rallycross.

No worries

Although now I'll need some reinforced suspension incase of the walls
Quote from Leprekaun :I honestly placed 2 papers in a hat and pulled one out and it was FE Rallycross.

... you have a hat?
Well, it was a cap actually
Just a last Q, is 6 GMT the same 6pm as the UK right now? I have no idea about clocks going back or forth for summer/winter etc so...

(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG