The online racing simulator
XJ220 Build Help
(57 posts, started )
Quote from MR_B :Evening all.

Today in my daily lessons in Uni we were told we have been donated a chassis, engine, transmission and brakes/wheels for an XJ220.

We've been given the task of getting this old queen back on the road. We've compiled a list of parts we need (pretty much everything I havent mentioned) for Jaguar to have a hunt around and find. In the meantime from hearing from them we have to research and find any information or sources avaliable about the construction and location of spares of this beast.

So, is there anyone in this vast community who has been in contact with the XJ220 and is there any knowledge or documents you could pass on to us students.

Ta.

Wish I could help mate but it's a bit high end for me

Maybe you can do what Jaguar promised they'd do in the first place and give it a 12 cylinder engine instead of the 6R4 6 cylinder turbo it ended up with.
Quote from Polaxis :I'm sorry to dig out this quite old thread but I'm too curious to know how your progress with the XJ220 and the Nissan is going on.

I recognized both cars instantly at Coventry's open day! Seems like there's quite a bit more work to go though
#53 - MR_B
You came to the day!? Why didn't you say :P I was in then!

Did you like what you saw?
Quote from MR_B :You came to the day!? Why didn't you say :P I was in then!

Did you like what you saw?

I was honestly a bit apprehensive about Coventry before I came, mainly because I didn't think it offered a masters or sandwich courses. The facilities are certainly very impressive and talking to an Irish guy who was doing his masters whose name I've forgotten was really insightful and definitely changed my mind. I only made the connection with LFS when I saw the workshop
Quote from MR_B :

Yep it has two juicy T4 turbo's on it

Hmm, somewhat LESS than the 4 attached to the Bugatti EB110 , of the same Era, iirc
#56 - MR_B
Quote from ajp71 :I was honestly a bit apprehensive about Coventry before I came, mainly because I didn't think it offered a masters or sandwich courses. The facilities are certainly very impressive and talking to an Irish guy who was doing his masters whose name I've forgotten was really insightful and definitely changed my mind. I only made the connection with LFS when I saw the workshop

How's your progress coming along? Did you apply here? Will you be joining us on the 25th of September??
Quote from MR_B :How's your progress coming along? Did you apply here? Will you be joining us on the 25th of September??

I'm applying for 08 entry (just done AS) and yes Coventry will be one of my choices

XJ220 Build Help
(57 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG