The online racing simulator
Is Ebay safe to buy from ?
(41 posts, started )
Hi lads as the title sais is it safe ?..
I don't know much about net shopping and just after picking up some nice toys on Ebay..

Is there anything I should no about buying items off it as such ??
help would be great thanks
As long as you make sure it's an official site you go to, it's as safe as you're likely to get. But obviously there are a million and one fake versions out there too. If you navigate from ebay.com to find your local site (sorry to say that'll probably be .co.uk ) you can't go far wrong.

I've never bought anything from ebay, but I do almost all of my shopping online these days. Common sense is the key factor. So no using that link you got in your email from "Ebay Services Honestly Real Ebay No Scam"
Quote from Dajmin :As long as you make sure it's an official site you go to, it's as safe as you're likely to get. But obviously there are a million and one fake versions out there too. If you navigate from ebay.com to find your local site (sorry to say that'll probably be .co.uk ) you can't go far wrong.

I've never bought anything from ebay, but I do almost all of my shopping online these days. Common sense is the key factor. So no using that link you got in your email from "Ebay Services Honestly Real Ebay No Scam"

Thanks for the tips I either use

www.ebay.ie or www.ebay.co.uk

also how do mean fake Ebay sites and how do I stay clear from these

thanks once again
#4 - AndyC
I've bought things off ebay since 2003 and never had a problem. As long as you use your common sense you'll be fine. Just suspect everything and everyone and if your unsure about anything ask the seller and i'm sure Ebay have things in place that protect you to a certain extent.

Andy.
Like Andy says, common sense rules the day with eBay, I have been on there for years, brought loads of stuff, and only ever had one problem, which was promptly refunded by paypal.
Thanks lads for the help,just going over the "rules" of Ebay as we speak

thanks all

also {EDIT}

Feedback: 96.3% Positive ?? Does this mean he is 96.3% possitive with his sales ?
Link to the item?
-
(11SuLLy11) DELETED by 11SuLLy11
#9 - PaulH
100% positive is generally very good (I am 100% )
Quote from danowat :100% positive is generally very good (I am 100% )

lets all buy off Dan

Thanks for the help guys
Quote from 11SuLLy11 :how do mean fake Ebay sites and how do I stay clear from these

If you ignore spam emails it shouldn't be an issue, all of the fakes I get go directly to the spam box (Gmail).

But they look like genuine ebay notification emails, have the right pictures and stuff. If you click the links you'll be taken to a site which is identical to a genuine Ebay site. Chances are it'll also function exactly like the real one.

The thing to look for is the URL of the link you (don't) click on. In the fakes it'll probably be an IP rather than a domain. Sometimes they might register a similarly-spelled domain so that at a glace it looks like it says ebay.

But if you go via a site you know to be genuine (I suspect ebay.com probably has a list of the official ones) then this won't be an issue. But obviously if you sign up and bid on stuff you might then be expecting a notification email so you might be more vulnerable.
If my mother can by and sell over eBay, so can YOU Sully!
gonna learn a bit more before buying ..
Quote from 11SuLLy11 : lets all buy off Dan

Thanks for the help guys

It's one of the disadvantages of using the same username EVERYWHERE, people can see what you have brought and sold
Quote from danowat :It's one of the disadvantages of using the same username EVERYWHERE, people can see what you have brought and sold

I use same username for everything
Don't let me scare you off, I'm just telling you what to watch for

Yes, ebay.ie is the official EIRE site (ebay.com has a link in the bottom left which lets you select your country) so anything from that domain is going to be genuine.

Which means the final hurdle is the traders, who I understand are usually pretty reliable.
Quote from Dajmin :Don't let me scare you off, I'm just telling you what to watch for

Yes, ebay.ie is the official EIRE site (ebay.com has a link in the bottom left which lets you select your country) so anything from that domain is going to be genuine.

Which means the final hurdle is the traders, who I understand are usually pretty reliable.

thank you mate
Its good as long as you're sensible. I've been using ebay for years with no troubles at all. As far as spoof sites go, as long as the link says ebay.co.uk/, ebay.co.ie/ or ebay.com as the domain name, you'll be reet.

Also, check the feedback and seller history - you can tell a lot about the trustworthiness of who you're buying from.
Sully - i got my G25 off www.komplett.ie it took 4 working days to deliver and the postage is very cheap. All in all, the G25 cost me 225€
nice one Niall there 300 brand new
#23 - Jakg
It IS brand new - Logitech always set RRP's higher than waht the product will actually sell for...
no jakg... your wrong. the only shop in dublin that sells them is peats and its famously over priced.
Always use powersellers if possible. My 2p's worth.

(41 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG