The online racing simulator
Quote from aristotelis :Thank you for the free offence. No hard feelings though, I understand what makes you think like that.

Fortunately for all, this is by no way a rip off. We have simbin/blimey! permission AND support and we've been working behind this 1st release for months and months trying to recreate the cars as they where in their original state back to the 60's and 70's. New skins, 3D models, cars, cockpits, physics and sounds. Heck we even have a GTL DVD check on our installer since we do use GTL original stuff.

Endless hours of brainstorming with Niels too on msn... we are trying to understand how the ISI engine works and push it a little bit more. I'm not saying of course that this is the best mod ever, far from it. But we do try and pay lot's of attetion to detail.

Soon you will be able to judge foryourselves. We only ask to not judge without trying.

Thank you

Ok, didnt know this, but since all the cars shown is featuring in GTL aswell i got suspicious, oh well, thanks for the new info and good luck with the release
thank you very much I totally understand your reaction and appreciate your responce!
Excellent work guys, i had lots of fun trying out the C6 on various tracks in the last couple of days . I hope you'll get into the HOF and make this mod more popular.

Here's my little contribution from the skins department: http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=5533

I know it should've been Z06, but it looks almost the same anyway.
Quote from Niels Heusinkveld :
PS2: I'm actually enjoying LFS too a bit, Axus convinced me to go online in the Lx4 at Aston umm North? Was good fun..

Oi, that is my favorite combo, don't you dare to be faster than me, ah what the use, you probably run 2:13s with only reverse and first gear

btw Aris, any link to site for mod or information about do I need GTR2 + GTL or is GTR2 going to be enough?

I feel we are witnessing perhaps revolution of ISI sims, maybe, maybe they will see what has been said over and over again
Quote from Niels Heusinkveld :That would make 4 that bought rFactor because of me? I'm really thankfull that the 'hardest crowd to please' (LFS players about rFactor) actually find it drivable and fun!

PS: here is the terrain.tdf file I use now for the Ring 2.0 (doesn't work on the 'fall' version)..

Backup the original one.. it goes in gamedata\locations\nordschleife_2007.. Even grip, much less bumps.. much easier and less nervous.

PS2: I'm actually enjoying LFS too a bit, Axus convinced me to go online in the Lx4 at Aston umm North? Was good fun..

Time to update your avatar!
Quote from Niels Heusinkveld :That would make 4 that bought rFactor because of me? I'm really thankfull that the 'hardest crowd to please' (LFS players about rFactor) actually find it drivable and fun!

Make that 5
Quote from deggis :Is this new Nords 2.0 based on the previous "best version" (was it the so called "Raceking" version?) that was released around X-mas day in 2006? I'm confused

No this is an updated version of the first GPL version, looks almost as good as raceking's version but much better framerates

Quote from xaotik :One major gripe I have with alot of the tracks is the way turns aren't smooth splines.

The new version of the 'ring gets rid of most of that effect.
Quote from LFSn00b :Well, i took the rFactor CD i got with G25, i assume it's the demo, but can you use different cars/tracks in demo version than Nürburg and Toben and F1 Sauber and the Logitech car?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS: The F1 Sauber in rFactor = Major suckage, shiny wheels and driver not turning the wheel - WTF?

AFAIK, you can't use additional content in demo. Car has drive by wire system, plug is in driver's neck

LFS is more like ready product for sure, but can't make cars for it

You can count me in too, I'll be getting it when I get back from holidays tomorrow. I have to try it. I have to.
I just tried the corvette, nord 2.0 and it's all nice and dandy but the whole thing is missing something. I really can't put my finger on it though.

The feel is fine, even better with real-feel (a must-have IMO), the car is amazing and the tracks if very close to being accurate.
I think it's just the whole rF "feel" that doesnt sit well with me.
I'm still for playing more then one sim and in that regard rF is as good as any (with the right mods that is)
I just can't shake LFS as my favorite, even with so many shortcomings (very very very many shortcomings)
Hi, I have just had a go at rfactor and it could be a lot of fun but for my DFP, it's hard to use. The visuals don't sync, with all the F buttons off it seems as though steering assist is still on, has a strange loose floaty feel around the centre position and you can't use wingman to assign the buttons. if some could post a fix for this it would be great as I'm not to flash on modifing ini files.
LFS was so much easier with the hardware. At the moment there's no driving pleasure.
Help please.
First off, set draw ahead in your card to very low or 0 (this can be done with card tweaking software). This will make the visuals much more dirrect.
Also, look into "real-feel". it makes the FF feel much better.
Make sure you're running the desired version of DX as well. rF can go 7 8 or 9 (I think it can do 9?). It all depends on your system.
I do agree that it requires a much detailed setup process compared to LFS, but then again, no game was ever this easy to setup (ET, Quake, Nexuiz, rF, GPL, etc require a lengthy setup to get where you want).
Quote from LFSn00b :well, i *cough*bought the rFactor, and i decided to have a go with this car, i must say it IS amazing and very well done.
where can i find the XRT for rFactor :P

I guess you need to ask from Ian, well that is if you have courage
Quote from LFSn00b :well, i *cough*bought the rFactor, and i decided to have a go with this car, i must say it IS amazing and very well done.
where can i find the XRT for rFactor :P

Tut Tut....
Quote from Fabri91 :Want Blackwood Rallycross?

Heh.. Maybe I'll finish my version of Westhill sometime (used a large overhead shot as a blueprint to try and recreate it accurately). Would probably be sweet with the Vette.. unfortunately, I didn't get as far yet as getting it in-game.

Regards,

Ian
That would be very nice!
It feels strange to drive another game's circuit...
Quote from Fabri91 :That would be very nice!
It feels strange to drive another game's circuit...

My plans back then (~2 years ago) was to convert / rebuild LFS entirely. The devs gave permission (and is also in the CMX readme, they pointed out to me) to convert the cars provided credit was given (never a problem IMO) although the tracks maybe a different story, something that would need to be asked.. but I started Westhill for personal use and to see how easy it would be to recreate (a bit different from creating my own fictional tracks where I can make the rules up as I go so to speak).

Haven't really been involved in rF modding now for some time, just a few bits of info here and there regarding file structure mainly, but track building is fun. I hope one day I'll be able to do things in reverse, and create fictional tracks for LFS instead, but that's for a different (done to death) discussion.

I'll have a scout around on my backup DVDs and see if I managed to save what I had of Westhill before my HDD had a shitfit.. who knows...............

Regards,

Ian

*Cough* carFactory *Cough*
*Cough* RealFeel *Cough*
*Cough* *Cough*
Yeah, time to update avatar. I've tried the BMW 1 challenge mod, which was developed with the support of a real driver (actually, the winner of that very series).
Really good mod, maybe the car models aren't perfect, but a 2.0 version is in works and the physics are very realistic, imo.
Nice racecar, a must have with PCC07 and V8factor.
Unfortunately, unless that real driver has extensive experience with racing sims, I don't believe they can contribute to a mod. They rely on so many other forces and noises that a sim could never simulate to make an objective opinion on a computer simulation.

If the racing driver has lots of sim experience they might, but then they wouldn't be professional racing drivers.

I think you're much more likely to get good feedback if you put a decent sim driver in a real car rather than a decent real driver into a sim car.
Or just tell the 'real driver' to toss off in favour of real numbers.. Damn real drivers are partly responsible for the wrong tire grip curves that are floating around since the model T came out..
I agree. It would be better to put a sim driver in a real car, IMO. Which, incidentally, is how I'm making my mod.
Little bit of topic:

Fragmaster started there own rfactor servers a few weeks ago. You guys are welcome to race with us.

[FM] Oval Junkies (Champcar on Indy)
[FM] Fun American Muscle (diff. circuits)
[FM] Fragmaster 79 (unrestricted, diff. circuits)

We use to have more servers with different cars/tracks soon.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG