The online racing simulator
I think i'm done with auto racing, have some questions...
It was fun, and I might still follow F1, but i've become one of the elite, or should I say, ELITISTS!

I have moved on to motorbikes. Or rather, i've found new interest in motorbikes. I've been riding motorbikes since I was eight, but lately, i've just grown so much more passionate for them than I ever was for any of my other short lived hobbies.

So i've got this 40 dollar LFS account, and this 80 dollar MOMO sitting in a box. If I sell the MOMO, I can put the money towards a jet kit.

So I ask you, LFS forum, now what? What do I do with my wheel? What racing series do I follow now? What do I do with my LFS account?

What should I do with my wheel? It's in pristine condition, but i'm not quite sure that I still have the box. How much do you think I could get for the wheel and pedal set? Should I sell it or keep it just in case my interest in 4-wheeled-cages ever rekindles?

What racing series do I follow now? I love motoGP, but i'm having a hard time finding Motocross races online. Hell, I hate motocross, i'd be much happier following the International Enduros, but I have no clue where I could download either. Hare and Hounds, rallye raids, Enduros, where the hell can I find coverage for these???!!!

What about streetbikes? What other series' would you folks recommend aside from motoGP?

What about Supermotard? I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE to start following supermotard! Those who own supermotos will know how much damned fun it is to slide around corners and go sideways in the twisties, i'd absolutely LOVE to follow serious motard competition!

And finally, what of my LFS account? I fear that perhaps it's against the TOS to sell it, but I feel like I just might never get back into sim-racing, or auto racing period.
1. Keep the wheel (because you never know).
2. Watch World Superbikes (especially if you like watching Aussies called Troy tear it up) & supermotards (they both absolutely rule). Also check out what domestic roadbike comps are going on in the States too. Personally I find the Australian Supersport & Superbike classes really competitive and great to watch. Those comps spawned guys like Vermuelen, Stoner, Doohan, Corser, Bayliss, Gardner etc. You see a lot of talent out on track and some great racing. I'd think the US would have some good domestic bike comps going on when you think of guys like Rainey, Schwanz, Hayden, Edwards, Roberts etc...
2A. I have no idea about motoX comps
3. LFS account - I dunno. Sell it to someone who won't mind using your username Either that or just hang onto it (see "1" ).
have a lfs s2 contest have demoers race for your s2..should be pretty fun...
If I were you, I'd hang on to the S2 liscense, just in case you want to go back. It is against the EULA to sell your LFS account and if you gave it to a demo user and later deicde you want to race LFS again... Well, you know.
racing is elitist by nature. you will find motorcycle racing is very elitist as well if you compete. the LFS community overall is pretty friendly. check out sopcast, tvuplayer and other forms of streaming.
If You want to give away Your license... I have a friend who would be glad to get it... But If I were You as h3adbang3r said, I'll keep It.
Quote from Gabkicks :racing is elitist by nature. you will find motorcycle racing is very elitist as well if you compete.

Lol, I was just joking with that comment. I was poking fun at all those cyclers who talk trash about how "two wheels is better than four".

And I don't plan to race at all. Maybe Enduro, Hare and Hound, or Hare Scrambles some day, but as it stands, I just ride trails. Muddy, technical, slow, hot, humid, wet, tight, rough, and most importantly, FUN, trails

That and tearing around in the twisties.
I love my bike, I much prefer riding a bike, than driving a car, but I also love LFS.

I would keep LFS and your wheel, as you can have an interest in both.

As for what series to watch, obviously MotoGP is the premier bike racing series, and has been pretty good so far, but my fav is WSBK (World Superbike), also BSB (British Superbike) and AMA are worth watching.
Quote from h3adbang3r :If I were you, I'd hang on to the S2 liscense, just in case you want to go back. It is against the EULA to sell your LFS account and if you gave it to a demo user and later deicde you want to race LFS again... Well, you know.

It is NOT against the EULA to sell your license, it's just not well looked upon. You paid for it, you can resell it if you'd like. Just that once you've sold it, you can never use it again.
I think Motorcycle Road Racing is the most exciting form of motorsport. (I'm biased as I used to be involved for a while) although I enjoy any motorsport where the competitors actually pass each other.
The other recomendations are all great, BSB, AMA etc.
I'm right into the Isle of Man TT and the Irish Road Racing series. You can buy DVD's or download some of the action on You Tube.
Check these guys out they are the bravest of the brave.
Check out these sites.
http://www.realroadracing.com/
http://www.camerondonald.com/ the guy in my photo
PS. Don't seel your wheel, you'll probably go back to it.
Cheers
Craig
Quote from Craig WA :
http://www.camerondonald.com/

hmm i seen that van in the background in my job a while ago... ( or a van with identical markings ) also its nice bike in that pic... if only i didnt dislike bikes so much id buy a Yamaha R1 :P
Quote from theirishnoob :hmm i seen that van in the background in my job a while ago... ( or a van with identical markings ) also its nice bike in that pic... if only i didnt dislike bikes so much id buy a Yamaha R1 :P

where or what do you work as?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG