The online racing simulator
Freeware classics released today
(48 posts, started )
Quote from (SaM) :Just enter 90210 as your zip code and it works. Thumbs up Razz

no, doesnt work Frown
(and yes, I have set the country to united stats aswell... Wink )

also created a new account and it still doesnt work oO
Tried a US proxy?
"All downloaded files which have not been activated are going to be made inactive through the ubi.com login. Previously, the ubi.com login would require a US country in order to install the game. Ubisoft will make the ubi.com login reject all entries into country. They hope to relaunch the program once we can add IP-blocking into our login process."

http://www.fileplanet.com/1804 ... ee-Game---Ad-Supported%5D

So, too late. Bye-bye ads.
So will I be able to register or should I obtain Farcry by *alternative* means?
Quote from (SaM) :I already had FarCry on CD (5CDs),

FarCry was the first game I bought on DVD. Actually I remember it arriving, opening the package, spotting the "DVD" in the top corner and saying "****", then going out to buy a DVD drive!
Quote from Shotglass :turn based ftl

Fallout, Fallout2, Fallout tactics (FTL as a fallout, FTW as a game), Jagged Alliance (1-2), X-COM...

I'm not so sure about your statement mate Uhmm
the only turn based game ive found enjoyable over the years was battle isle 4 ... and that was only fun in multiplayer
all otheres are just painfully slow
Good thing i have a lot of time today, i guess i'll try some games.
Quote from BlueFlame :Doesn't seem like C&C officially released the game free. Otherwise it wouldn't be downloadable as an ISO.. :bananadea

Except for the fact that it's on EA's official website.

I'm starting to think that you and TheIrishNoob are related...
I never saw it on the official EA website. And it if is, im sure it should be downloadable as an .exe not the infamous (crackerz) ISOShrug
#37 - Jakg
BlueFlame, you really don't have a clue, do you?
Quote from BlueFlame :I never saw it on the official EA website. And it if is, im sure it should be downloadable as an .exe not the infamous (crackerz) ISOShrug

Lmfao. Quote, of the century.

Really, you need to start researching stuff before you post about it.
zomg they cracked debian and ubuntu ... ive just found isos of both
Don't have a clue?
ISO's started to appear after people wanted to copy gamedata and make a FAKE CD Drive to run it from (Daemon Tools), I don't understand why such a 'legit' company would use ISO's to dish out their classic game Shrug
I'm onto level 7 in C&C - loving it. I wish they'd managed to improve on it. Sadly, none of the sequals (or prequals) matched the original C&C in my opinion. That 3D one by another developer (that I've temporarily forgotten the name of, but I think it began with a T) was quite good, but didn't have the soul and attention of C&C.
Quote from BlueFlame :Don't have a clue?
ISO's started to appear after people wanted to copy gamedata and make a FAKE CD Drive to run it from (Daemon Tools), I don't understand why such a 'legit' company would use ISO's to dish out their classic game Shrug

oh for christs sake at least try to inform yourself if youre completely clueless
an iso is just the exact 1:1 copy of what youll find on a data only cd and it has nothing to do with the scene ... in fact scene rules state quite clearly that isos are not allwed as a format for distribution of cds
#43 - DeKo
Quote from BlueFlame :Don't have a clue?

ISO was a legitimate disc standard long before people using it for pirate games. It just makes it far easier to burn it to a disk, which is what this is meant to be done for this game.
Quote from thisnameistaken :FarCry was the first game I bought on DVD. Actually I remember it arriving, opening the package, spotting the "DVD" in the top corner and saying "****", then going out to buy a DVD drive!

I remember doing almost the same thing. Except I didn't have the DVD drive so I returned the damn thing. I noticed home that it said DVD somewhere on the box so I didn't (luckily) unwrap the plastics...

Then I tried the demo and found out that I didn't even like it Razz.

---
I think the C&C Red alert is the best CC ever made. Although I must admit that I play the Tiberian sun (red alert sequel?) sometimes and never really the other CCs.

I think CCs are at best when played in skirmish mode against all other AIs on large map with quite limited funds. The skirmish games take many hours to finish and are quite exciting in the early stages when you really need to plan your moves. Even if it is mostly about destroying gun turrets with straightforward attack, sending shitloads of engineers in the base using another route and finishing it off with rest of the combat units. It is quite fun... Although after half ways it can get quite boring as the AI has no clue how to build a big base or big army. It is just killing them one by one which is kinda boring... All the CC games, except the two first ones are imho very average games but can be fun in small doses. Like once in few months or so Smile

I think I'll do some tank rushing after this post Wink
Quote from Hyperactive :I think CCs are at best when played in skirmish mode against all other AIs on large map with quite limited funds.

you should really try mp then its especially interesting if you start out with a no attack rule for the first couple of minutes until youve reached a cold war situation where the slightest bit of aggression leads to an hour long battle
All this talk about CC Red Alert has made me want to get the disc out, anyone know if it works on XP Shrug
i got red alert2 running my my old machine with xp on it.... first one Might work , should give it a try Nod
Quote from GFresh :All this talk about CC Red Alert has made me want to get the disc out, anyone know if it works on XP Shrug

It most definitely does... you may have to fiddle around a bit, or break out VDMSound to get the sound to work properly.

@BlueFlame: Remember, Wikipedia is your friend. The most astonishing thing I find is that the International Standards Organisation would approve a format... just for 'crackers'... So kind of them.

Freeware classics released today
(48 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG