The online racing simulator
S2 licence......but no servers?
(27 posts, started )
I just got my S2 licence and was looking forward to finding many servers and good racers. The last few nights I have logged on to only find 10 servers. That would not be that bad but most are Cruse and Drift servers.

Now being on the West coast of North America I guess I have to make due with what.

I guess I'm kind of venting a bit as I really wanted to have a good selection.

I will stick in there and see if it changes, I'm spending most of my time just doing off line hot laps now anyways.

p.s. awesome game though
I can understand that the number of (populated) servers goes down a bit when Europe is sleeping, but 10 servers seems a bit harsh to me. Are you sure you haven't got any filters on, causing you to not see a number of servers?
actually I find the same thing during us evening times.. only a dozen or so servers open. I would guess 80 percent of the lfs population are europeans.
Yea it sucks.. We on the western side of the earth (lol) have to be on very early in the morning (depending on which timezone) just to catch the European-racer-packed servers..

At least there's the ConeDodgers training and pro servers up.. Besides that, just a few cruise servers..
Ok I'm glad to see I'm not the only one having this problem but a bit frusterated at the same time.

I was looking at the player count this morning on the main page and it was at 1200+. Last night when I was playing it was sub 150 most the night.

It seemed that even the servers that were populated mainly had crashers and yahoos in them .

I guess I will have to change my sleeping paterns a bit and see if I can get in on some good servers.
Take a look at www.lfs-lota.net

A large populations of (North) Americans are participating in multiple leagues (currently a MRT Cup and a Grand Touring Cup are running).

THis thursday a TNT will be heald, meaning lots of short races with multiple cars.

In any aspect this site will increase your ability to compete with a lot of (skillfull) people.
I'm on ConeDodgers 1 if you wanna join

EDIT: On second thought.. Anybody wanna get together on a rallycross server? Not like any exist.. But I'll search now.

EDIT II: Found one! "RALLYCROSS RXC training"

EDIT III: UGH wtf now LFS is saying it's not on the master server.. "Stunts | Crashs" is open I guess..
s2 is boring tbh... neds more racer servers , where you actually racer rather then have some 12 year old spotty faced p***** screaming at you cause you lapped him twice ...
#9 - Jakg
Yes, because NO-ONE races on the CTRA servers...
Quote from theirishnoob :s2 is boring tbh... neds more racer servers , where you actually racer rather then have some 12 year old spotty faced p***** screaming at you cause you lapped him twice ...

What on earth are you talking about?

I could understand your comments if you were in the US or Australia, but for Europeans there are populated race servers available at least 16hrs a day.

I did 428 races last month and didn't have any 12 year old kids screaming at me. (or anyone else for that matter)
Well said Moose Ive had plenty of great races recently. IMO LFS just seems to be getting stronger.
Quote from The Moose :
I did 428 races last month and didn't have any 12 year old kids screaming at me. (or anyone else for that matter)

Hehe, I was screaming at you! I was screaming "slow down you ridiculously fast bastard!"

You probably couldn't hear that from Cornwall though...
Quote from DarkTimes :Hehe, I was screaming at you! I was screaming, "slow down you ridiculously fast bastard!"

hehehehehe
Well I got off work early today and was able to do some one line stuff. Did a CTRA S1 somthing.......I need more practice and find a set up lol. Sorry if I got in anyones way
You complain about the drift servers and yet your username is "Turbo Drifter"?
Quote from ans7812 :You complain about the drift servers and yet your username is "Turbo Drifter"?

Its a old name that has stuck from years ago...so I use it. I would prefer if I was to drift again to do it in my real car not a vertual one.

Thanks for your imput though..
Quote from The Moose :What on earth are you talking about?

I could understand your comments if you were in the US or Australia, but for Europeans there are populated race servers available at least 16hrs a day.

I aim to please...just say so.
-
Got to protect the Moose (SpikeyMarcoD) DELETED by SpikeyMarcoD
Quote from Turbo Drifter :Well I got off work early today and was able to do some one line stuff. Did a CTRA S1 somthing.......I need more practice and find a set up lol. Sorry if I got in anyones way

Have a look at http://setupfield.teaminferno.hu/ for some setups. Remember though that most of them are world record and hotlapping sets, which are designed to be fast and often aren't newbie friendly. Your best bet is to ask online for sets from some race winning drivers. Often online sets will combine speed with ease of use, because they need to be drivable over a whole race distance, and they will be better for you to learn with.

A setup isn't everything though, most fast drivers can take a RACE_S car within a few seconds of the lead pace, so often it just comes down to practice, knowing the track and the lines. Still, a good setup can be a benefit, but remember some sets are created to be hard to drive and very fast over a single lap with fresh tyres.

In terms of servers, last night UK time there were around 400-500 people online, doing all kinds of racing, so unfortunately it may well be a time-zone issue. There are quite a few Americans who play the game, so it might be an idea to get friendly with some of them and try to organise it so you can race with each other. The majority of racers are from western and eastern Europe, so the evening in our time-zones tends to be the busiest.
Thanks for all the imput!! I am going to stay off line for a bit and just work on lapping and getting to know the lines.

I know the set up is part of it but the big part is me, I just need seat time.

p.s. Moose I watched you race Open wheel last night, I am impressed watching your lines and breaking points helped a bit.
Quote from Turbo Drifter :I know the set up is part of it but the big part is me, I just need seat time.
p.s. Moose I watched you race Open wheel last night, I am impressed watching your lines and breaking points helped a bit.

Ohh, i get all self conscious when i know people have been watching me, especially when i know i haven't been driving too well (by the standards i set myself)

Glad you felt you learnt something though.

Setup is a huge part for me, but yes, seat time is important too.
If you want any setups feel free to ask. (most of mine are from the real fast guys) Drop me a PM with the combos you want setups for and I'll do my best to dig out what i can.

Don't spend too much time offline though. It's my belief that the only way to get faster in a race situation is getting stuck in online. Hotlapping teaches you only one line, and racing the AI teaches you nothing at all
Quote from The Moose :Ohh, i get all self conscious when i know people have been watching me, especially when i know i haven't been driving too well (by the standards i set myself)

Glad you felt you learnt something though.

Setup is a huge part for me, but yes, seat time is important too.
If you want any setups feel free to ask. (most of mine are from the real fast guys) Drop me a PM with the combos you want setups for and I'll do my best to dig out what i can.

Don't spend too much time offline though. It's my belief that the only way to get faster in a race situation is getting stuck in online. Hotlapping teaches you only one line, and racing the AI teaches you nothing at all

Thanks a lot! I will PM you later today.

No need to get self conscious when I was watching you were in the 1st-2 place all the time.

I did 2 CTRA races last night, it was funny the first one I did was a tin top. About 4 laps in I had a equipment problem, my G25 shifter pulled off the desk after a shift. It destracted me long enough to get backwards in the pit exit Then I did a Single seat race and my antivirus kicked on and booted me off crashing my car out after 6 laps (was at the back of the pack just lapping and getting use to watching my mirrors). All in all an embarrasing time
lol Ive had both of those things happen to me over time. Not both in the same day though
well, normally i actually join an empty server, than the people awake will start coming to that server, slowly more and more, and then WAHAY!
Quote from harjun :well, normally i actually join an empty server, than the people awake will start coming to that server, slowly more and more, and then WAHAY!

Doesn't work that way over here. If you join an empty server, you race lonely. Everyone is either at CTRA, Conedodgers on the same boring combo, Redline with the other same boring combo, or drifting/cruising. You MAY get someone else to join, but it's not like the server will fill up to a good race. It's unfortunate for us, but then fortunately, we also have what I concider to be a few of the best teams in LFS providing a much needed league atmosphere for us, what Appie mentioned, The League of the Americas (LOTA).
Quote from theirishnoob :s2 is boring tbh... neds more racer servers , where you actually racer rather then have some 12 year old spotty faced p***** screaming at you cause you lapped him twice ...

I assume you're that spotty faced 12 yearold, because I doubt you're lapping anyone.

(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG