The online racing simulator
Reason why people hate LX4/6
(93 posts, started )
Quote from SamH :I think there's an older generation of LFSers, who have fond recollections of the LXs

actually you are right about that. when i se people drive the LX6 i mainly see people from S1 days. i myself am from the S1 and before. It was mister Pallukka who made me see that LX cars are really fun to drive and race with if you try them. i dont know why some people take the easy way alot. why not stick to it for a week and maybe you will learn how to drive it. maybe we should make a server with LX6/4 and put some guys who know how to control it on server and give the people who join the server some vital information on how to drive it effectively? maybe a manual on how to drive it?
tried LX6 yesterday...OH MAN! WHAT A RUSH!
the bloody thing weighs nothing! and so much throttle steering! really fun car! (plus it's a convertable!)
#78 - JTbo
I find also that LX4 default setup is really bad if someone likes to try to learn how to use it, I made quick setup for it yesterday and it started to behave how I would except such car to behave. Sure it spins if you do something stupid, but also it is very controllable under power, big grin everytime coming out from Aston North's chicane, hanging tail a bit and just enjoying roar of 9k rpm, would give a limb from limiter at 9200
Hmm, after reading this topic I kinda feel like trying out the LX4 properly. I've driven 1 or 2 laps in it, and a few laps in the LX6 but never put much effort into really learning to drive it as it's hardly used online. Also, what puts me off from driving the LX6 the most is the engine noise. In a certain rpm range the sound is really unbearable for me, and I'm not at all familiar with the Shift+A menu so I wouldn't know what to change there to make it better. Other than that I actually find it an awesome little car. Maybe CTRA should include them in one of their servers or something, I would definitely drive them more then Like a multi-class server with the LX4 for Gold Licensed drivers and the LX6 for the higher licensed drivers It would make for some nice racing, I think, considering the average quality of the higher licensed CTRA racing is very good.
I did a 20 lap race on BL GP with some AI cars offline yesterday in the LX4. It's a really fun car to drive as long as you're careful with the throttle. It's a bit more forgiving than the LX6. My fastest lap was 1:27:5x with the Race_S setup. I'm confident I can get in the high 1:26's with a little more practise. Maybe I need a better setup, too. I found the car to be quite understeered in corners, but I read that that's one of the characteristics of that car IRL so I'll probably just have to adapt my driving style.

I'll have a bit more practise tonight and I'll do some laps on SO Long too, to see how I like it. Maybe I'll sign up for danowat's event. The problem about those things is that my girlfriend generally doesn't like it when I spend so much time behind the computer in the evening That's probably the biggest reason why I don't enter any leagues, as it requires a certain commitment that I just cannot always guarantee. That and the reason that a lot of those races are held in the evening and I usually go to bed pretty early because I have to get up for work early
I'm trying to be online tonight too on SO Long with the LX4.
I have a few good setups I can share with you and we can practice a little bit together.
But make sure to, if you host a server with these cars, to have a popular track, if not you will never have people on it
I managed to get 4-5 people online yesterday on SO Long Rev. after one hour of driving. That's quite good for the LX4.
^^^ I would like to join you racing LX4 on so_long_rev. There is an event coming up in a couple of weeks I want to race in. Should be free this evening.

What is your server called? is it public? what time from/to?
I have set the burnoutcrew #2 SO Server to SO Long Rev/LX4, it's public.
Damn, if I wasn't doing BOTT practice tonight, I'd be there.........
#88 - JTbo
There is Volvolandia server running LX cars (24/_7) with password lxfun, so that not just every wrecker gets in, only those lurking in forums, I guess
Quote from MrSkill :I have set the burnoutcrew #2 SO Server to SO Long Rev/LX4, it's public.

Any chance that you could change it to So Classic?
Think more people like that track compared to SO long, and therfor may be a bigger chance to get people to join the server, I at least would join it
Quote from The Very End :Any chance that you could change it to So Classic?
Think more people like that track compared to SO long, and therfor may be a bigger chance to get people to join the server,

Good thinking! And while you're at it, change the car to FOX!

No, wait... :rolleyes:
Quote from thisnameistaken :Good thinking! And while you're at it, change the car to FOX!

No, wait... :rolleyes:

As usual I didn`t expect too much of an answer from some people...
Anyway, I don`t want to drive the fox there, but the LX would be great fun.
Alright, did 5 laps on SO Long with the Race_S setup and my best lap so far is 1:58:98. I have absolutely no idea whether that's half decent or not

So... anyone practising that combo on a server right now? I think I saw 3 servers running that combo but only one had people on it (the one I was just on) and that was a drift server.
I've apparently done 1:52 online, hotlap 1:50.7. I was trying for the WR on that combo at one time, but of course I never got anywhere near it.

I think if you can get into 1:52-1:54 territory you'll be doing well.

Reason why people hate LX4/6
(93 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG