The online racing simulator
edited for being slow and blind...I lost
right - this was the Problem - thank you Bean0 :-))
Quote from Bean0 :You could be trying to unlock an out of date version, try downloading the latest.

(Could some kind soul translate that please? )

Das War es ... juhu
Quote from Shotglass :kriegst du eine serverliste wenn du im demomodus auf mehrspieler gehst ?

mach zusaetzlich mal tracert und nslookup auf den masterserver

oh ja und was Bean0 geschrieben hat welche lfs version hast du installiert ?

Mensch, nochmal vielen Dank an Euch allen, Es war die Programm-Version !!! Neu installiert und funktioniert :-))))

Super das Euch nen Kopf gemacht habt, Danke nochmal

... Ach ja und nächstes mal nehm ich dann das deutsche Forum ;-)
They need to make a translator built into the forum...so us non-whatever language they speak can read it...
Thanks for letting us know what the problem was, might prove useful to others experiencing the same.

Quote from scoobyrbac :They need to make a translator built into the forum...so us non-whatever language they speak can read it...

He basically shouted a big "THANK YOU!" around for telling him he has an old program version, and also stated he would use the german forums next time.

And about that bit of ignorance: I was pretty surprised when I saw that german thread (half about a guy being so ignorant, half that it was still open), but come on guys, this forum is there to help the people
lol alright thanks..
and there's one thing that keeps this community all together well:

we all like LFS! (...and we all have yellow skin )
If people cannot speak English, perhaps it would be best to point them in the direction of the lfs community of that language? That way they can get more help from other speakers of the languague and half of this board isn't wondering what it's all about, and making things harder work than they need be by guessing.
Quote from Bob Smith :If people cannot speak English, perhaps it would be best to point them in the direction of the lfs community of that language? That way they can get more help from other speakers of the languague and half of this board isn't wondering what it's all about, and making things harder work than they need be by guessing.

might be true but i dont really see the harm as long as its limited to tech assist threads
also this is the first place youll find if you need help ... locating a non official board is more of a hassle
Quote from micha1980de :but then, i often see some spanish trheads too, i hope you bash them for speaking their native language as well...

greetings...

Heck, in some of the other languages (Spanish mostly), I actually attempt to use my spanish skills to participate and help the person if he has a problem.

Also, I can sorta read some of the german answers too, it looks very similar to english, just with different verbs, but the nouns are the same/similar.
Bob:
Quote from herki :short version: he has problems unlocking lfs, he can ping the master server and he has unlocks left but is looking for a solution.

PS: German forum ist that way / Deutsches Forum ist hier: www.live-for-speed.de

Waaay ahead of you
studied German 8 years back, for a year...school program... you know, somehow I understood basically everything

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG