The online racing simulator
Be My Focus Group! (design poll)
(44 posts, started )

Poll : Which one did you like best?

Darkest
Lightest
Medium
they say blue is a resenting color but at the end of the day the color isnt bad , dont worry about it
Darkest got my vote fella!
Quote from theirishnoob :they say blue is a resenting color but at the end of the day the color isnt bad , dont worry about it

Beano's comment about Greggs bakers was the only one that made me think twice. It is a bit close to theirs for comfort, and their pasties are rubbish!
I agree with the Gregs comment. But I don't agree with the pastie comment

Best of luck with your business mate
Darkness, the others look like their's haze in front of them to me.
Quote from The General Lee :I agree with the Gregs comment. But I don't agree with the pastie comment

You're close enough to Cornwall to know a good pastie - I am surprised at your low standards!

Quote from The General Lee : Best of luck with your business mate

Cheers. It's going well already tbh, our first customers are throwing lots of work at us and it's quality work too. We've been at it since... March? I think. And haven't even got a website up yet, so it should do well.
What you on about, dark clearly won?
Lightest is the best, but after looking at what your site represents.... you need a more professional look, and one with darker colors -- So I chose the darkest theme.

The light theme would be better off if you were a site selling toys. Though, you said the site is for web design???? Neither of the colors fit that criteria then.
Definately darkest, nice and professional, the light ones look washed out.
Quote from Bob Smith :What you on about, dark clearly won?

Bad Bob! Bad! You just can't leave a poll alone, can you?

Quote from Tweaker :Lightest is the best, but after looking at what your site represents.... you need a more professional look, and one with darker colors -- So I chose the darkest theme.

The light theme would be better off if you were a site selling toys. Though, you said the site is for web design???? Neither of the colors fit that criteria then.

Why darker colours? I'm all ears if you want to explain.

We're actually developers, but no doubt we'll be selling design (through other third parties) along with a lot of the work we do. I figured with that in mind we need a design that's a little bit bold rather than something bland and corporate and forgettable.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I figured with that in mind we need a design that's a little bit bold rather than something bland and corporate and forgettable.

that was what i was pointing at with my comment on how much a pointy haired boss would like your designs
Quote from Shotglass :that was what i was pointing at with my comment on how much a pointy haired boss would like your designs

Well, like I said the design isn't final, we were just looking at colours. Although we do need something up quick so we probably will be using that design pretty much unchanged and improving it as and when we have time/opportunity. It's not like it's a bad layout. We don't have a lot of content for it yet anyway, so it's going to be simple.

We also don't really want to throw any more money at designers right now.
#39 - JTbo
It is bit hard to read text from darkest, also huge contrast to white background (which should btw be banned from any website ), so medium is one that get's my vote.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Why darker colours? I'm all ears if you want to explain.

We're actually developers, but no doubt we'll be selling design (through other third parties) along with a lot of the work we do. I figured with that in mind we need a design that's a little bit bold rather than something bland and corporate and forgettable.

Well see, at first I thought this site was a corporate site. But after reading that your intent is for a web design site.... nothing fits that criteria with the current design or color choice imo. I chose darker colors with the idea that this was a corporate site (hence the name 'partners').

If you don't want to throw more money at designers, tell them to stop looking at templates for ideas.
Darkest one!
Darkest by far.

Be My Focus Group! (design poll)
(44 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG