Be My Focus Group! (design poll)
(44 posts, started )

Poll : Which one did you like best?

Darkest
Lightest
Medium
OK...

I've formed a little company with a couple of good friends, and we're currently disagreeing about the colours to use on the website. It's a web development/design company.

Here are three candidate designs, all very similar, but with slightly different colours. It's your opinion on the colours I need - please disregard any other elements of the layout (we haven't got as far as finalising that yet).

Lightest

Medium

Darkest

Just pick whichever one you think looks nicest. Thanks for your help.
I like the dark one, but I like the light one too. I'd have to go for the light one I think.
#3 - Bean0
Dark one.

Light one reminds me of Greggs the Bakers.
Lightest is best, IMO. The dark one has such a high contrast and looks kinda... depressing.

PS: LOL at the filler texts
Quote from AndroidXP :PS: LOL at the filler texts

could be scottish!

i voted medium, light was...well too light and dark...too dark
I prefer the Medium colours, but find the grey tabs and writing abit washed out so would like the grey tabs and writing from the dark on the medium
Dark gets my vote.
Medium, easily.
Light all the way.
Medium's one. In the dark one we can't see the grandian of the buttons, in the medium one it's a nice compromise between light/dark. (I voted dark one by mistake :schwitz

Look good by the way.
I think the light one has bit too little contrast as the small grey text isn't so easy to read. The dark one is bit too gloomy. The medium has a better contrast and is not too dark. I think generally light colours can make people feel better.

But the most important thing is that it's easy to read and navigate. I have seen many company sites which are so awful that alone made not to order anything from them.
This is pretty funny. You lot sound like the three of us.

I won't say which one would be my choice and I haven't voted in the poll. I want to direct my two partners to this thread later once the votes start petering out, so I don't want them thinking I tried to persuade anyone.

Besides; I don't want you bastards deliberately voting against me.
Dark one
Light or medium ok, voted medium. Dark looks like a monitor image with bad contrast settings.

ps. .PNG format for pics is better, JPG compression is bad this kind of things...
i voted for the dark one, looks neater and more professional imo.
I like the green of the medium one, but I think the orange part would need to be darker to go with it.
I voted for "Darkest", mainly because there's no darker version available.
I voted for "Lightest", but to be honest I would like to see a different colour combo. I get the feeling I've seen hundreds of sites using orange + blue(ish).

Usage of fonts and whitespace is very good, tho. Nice clean looks.
The tabs ('quote', 'what we do', etc.) could use some more contrast, to stand out against the background. They're barely perceptible now, which is a bit irritating.

Good luck with your company. Oh, and good luck to Matt in giving up smoking.
id go with the light one with a bit more saturation on the grey text

otherwise it looks like something a phb would love
The lightest one. You didn't quite nail the darker tones as they look more dirty than punchy.
Light one.

[feel free to disregard the following]
IMO:
1. The dark one gets lost after a while and is not memorable, the medium one tires me out being washed out. Both are sort of "inaccurate" somehow. I guess color balance is off on that blend of colours.

2. Text needs more air to it - it's too tight - needs a taller line-height (or leading since this is still flat in photoshop).

3. Also consider using #07b7ee as the background color of the "call us" box. I feel there's something unbalancing with the orange there, it seems to take away from your logo's warm orange thing that sits comfy on the #057396 which creates an okay contrast.
[/no really]
I liked the light one best.
Medium but with the grey bits the same as on lightest, if you get what I mean. (I'll make a quick edit..)
Attached images
1.PNG
Topic seems to have gone quiet - are we about done with the voting?

Yes I suppose this is a sly bump.
Thanks for that guys, much appreciated.

Lightest: This is the original design. I liked it, and Matt liked it, but Dan didn't - he preferred a dark grey alternative that we had floating around. The grey one was nice enough, but Matt and I didn't think it was appropriate for a company selling design to have a grey website. Dan asked if he could see a version of the blue one using a darker blue.

Medium: Is the darker version that was provided to Dan, but he didn't think this was dark enough yet. I thought it was OK, but preferred the first one - I didn't want to dilute it, really.

Darkest: Dan produced that himself, based on the Medium design, and sent it back to us. I thought it was too dark.

We've finally settled on the original design, and it's nice to see that a general cross-section of the sim-racing public sort-of agrees with us.

(44 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG