Freeware classics released today
(48 posts, started )
Nice

Thx for links
________
Website Design
Phew . Now I feel comfortable already having FarCry
Wow, that's pretty damn good considering a lot of the bigger software company's are still trying to make money from 10 year old games, even if it is at bargain basement prices.

I'll be grabbing Far Cry later for sure. Been dying to replay it for ages(well, the first half of it anyway..it got a bit dull when they went down the monster route) but couldn't find my old, and perhaps slightly dodgy, disk.

It'll be good to play it on a computer that can actually handle it at max settings this time round as well
FarCry is ad-supported. Knew it sounded too good to be true. Not touching an ad-infected version.
Quote from Bob Smith :FarCry is ad-supported. Knew it sounded too good to be true. Not touching an ad-infected version.

Yup, just spotted that. What does that involve then?
Quote from The Moose :Yup, just spotted that. What does that involve then?

All the mutant monkeys have "Courtesy of Chester Zoo" across their foreheads.
lol!
LoL nice decisions from UbiSoft but my computer won't be able to take it...
wow i already have it but it wont work... gonna get this right now !!

thanks for the link
Also, Ghost Recon is on Fileplanet too.........

Too all those nay-sayers, the ad-support is (apparently) fair unintrusive, only showing a Ubi ad when the game is loading, and a Ubi ad when the level is loading, hardly anything bad.
#12 - Gunn
Quote from danowat :Also, Ghost Recon is on Fileplanet too.........

Where do you see that? All I can see is the digital purchase...
It was there, but yeah, like you say, it's not there now..........
This is very nice, both Far Cry and C&C is great games, worth downloading
Quote from danowat :Too all those nay-sayers, the ad-support is (apparently) fair unintrusive, only showing a Ubi ad when the game is loading, and a Ubi ad when the level is loading, hardly anything bad.

What game did you try out? With FarCry, you first have to have a ubi.com account where you have to say you live in the US, then I got McDonald's ads at the start and at every level load (which INTERRUPTS the loading, why can't it load in the background?), but banners in the main menu as well... I know it's free and all, but I'm on the verge of wiping it off my HDD, there are just so many hoops I'll hop through... In addition, it never was a good game, only a tech-demo with game elements... :sleep2: Unfortunately, I forgot how bad it is before I downloaded almost 3 GB...
Grats to all the C&C fans..unfortunately I have never been able to get int RTS games...
Ghost Recon....erm...undecided...
Far Cry ..already got it...even the 64 bit patch (which TBH, didn't seem very different!)

Wonder how many Aeons we got to wait until BioShock is out as a freebie
Quote from Fileplanet far cry download site : You will need an Ubi.com account and you must live in the U.S. to play the game.

Great.
Ooh, that brings back memories.
Command & Conquer, and the sequel Red Alert took up lots of my time. Even the precurser that started it... Dune
Quote from P1lot :Ooh, that brings back memories.
Command & Conquer, and the sequel Red Alert took up lots of my time. Even the precurser that started it... Dune

I had better not mention Battle Isle by BlueByte then
(after all..it was only two or three years BEFORE Dune )
i wasted many good years of my life playing c&c... many more will be soon

i heard farcry is chucked sfull of ad's but theres tons of copys over the net , just use the serial from the download with a differant "free " download
Quote from Bladerunner :I had better not mention Battle Isle by BlueByte then
(after all..it was only two or three years BEFORE Dune )

turn based ftl
btw its dune 2 ... dune 1 was an entirely different type of game
Quote from [B :Fileplanet far cry download site][/b]You will need an Ubi.com account and you must live in the U.S. to play the game.

Quote from Thunderhead :Great.

Just enter 90210 as your zip code and it works.

I already had FarCry on CD (5CDs), played it and loved it to death until the zombie/mutant/monster part.. everyone hated that. Especially the volcano level.
I recently installed it any my textures are totally messed up.. ahh fog it.
Quote from (SaM) :Just enter 90210 as your zip code and it works.

I already had FarCry on CD (5CDs), played it and loved it to death until the zombie/mutant/monster part.. everyone hated that. Especially the volcano level.
I recently installed it any my textures are totally messed up.. ahh fog it.

Ahahah, glad to see I'm not the only one who uses that as my US zip when it's required

(48 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG