The online racing simulator
addons..
(25 posts, started )
addons..
Are there tracks you can download and install? like rfactor, has mods/tracks/cars etc. Or is what comes with s1/s2 all you get?

thanks
All you get. LFS isn't about tacky, unrealistic and poorly made mods that you have to keep downloading the updates for, but about simple, close online racing.
Quote from tristancliffe :All you get. LFS isn't about tacky, unrealistic and poorly made mods that you have to keep downloading the updates for, but about simple, close online racing.

I don't know about unrealistic and poorly made, there are alot of fantastic mods and tracks for rfactor, same with nr2k3
I would like to get lfs, its just very pricey (almost 50 us dollars) and its not even a complete product. For 30 I would not question it, but its the most expensive sim I have seen. Guess I can wait and see if the price ever drops.

thanks
so what if it's 50 us dollars, here are new games 60 EURO so 50 DOLLAR is not so much if you ask me
Don't buy the game then The price will not drop. If anything, it will go up when S3 is released.
Quote from doox00 :I would like to get lfs, its just very pricey (almost 50 us dollars) and its not even a complete product. For 30 I would not question it, but its the most expensive sim I have seen. Guess I can wait and see if the price ever drops.

thanks

$50 for an incomplete game yes. But when it is complete, it'll be bug free, full of amazing new things, and a new car or 2 (hopefully).

If your still not sure, just buy LFS S1 ($25), try out the TBO's, LX's, the new tracks, and have fun on those CTRA servers, then ask yourself if the extra $25 for S2 is worth it.
When will it be complete? Is s3 a new game then and have to purchase that? hasn't s2 been in alpha for years now? I rarely ever spend 50 on a game btw, I purchase all my 360 games used, I did purchase bioshock the day it was released.. beat it and I just resold it last night for 38 dollars, so it cost me 12 bucks overal.

I am not trying to be cheap or critical, I am just trying to understand the direction of this game. I read another thread that said it would be a year probably before it would get more tracks... Is there going to be a final released version? will it offer many more tracks? clean up the interface? Perhaps a graphics overhaul as it is pretty dated as of now.

I do enjoy the demo (not all the people who intentionally crash though, but you get that in all games), just seems to have alot less to offer than rfactor to me. this game that much better?
Quote from doox00 :When will it be complete? Is s3 a new game then and have to purchase that? hasn't s2 neen in alpha for years now? I rarely ever spend 50 on a game btw, I purchase all my 360 games used, I did purchase bioshock the day it was released.. beat it and I just resold it last night for 38 dollars, so it cost me 12 bucks overal.

LFS is not something you buy and sell again after 2 months.

It is years and years of fun. 50$ is certainly worth that.

Dont let the "Alpha" put you off. Its better than most full versions of other games. And it ios getting better by the day because it is still developed.
To be honest - and don't take this the wrong way - you don't seem the kind of guy to buy LFS. If you want a finished product then LFS is definitely not for you. S3 may be years away. I love LFS and like many people have said it's way better than most other "finished" games out there, but you seem to be staring yourself blind on the "alpha" Your loss ;-)
Quote from doox00 :I would like to get lfs, its just very pricey (almost 50 us dollars) and its not even a complete product. For 30 I would not question it, but its the most expensive sim I have seen. Guess I can wait and see if the price ever drops.

thanks

You should complain to the FED then! It's expensive for you because the $ is very low!
#12 - Nobo
Quote from obsolum : If you want a finished product then LFS is definitely not for you. ;-)

LFS has far less big bugs then most of the so called "finished" games you can buy in your local games-store. A lot of games today are unplayable because they have big bugs where you need to wait for a patch to play on although they are not called alpha and beta.
With LFS you get a full function game and it gets updated all the time untill S2 is finished and then we are all waiting for S3.
Its by far the best game i have ever played. No other game could ever get my attention for 2 years. I have tested a lot of games but they are all crap compared to LFS.
#13 - Jakg

thanks

In the UK (Where LFS is developed) it's priced under the retail price of new PC and PS3 games
Quote from obsolum :To be honest - and don't take this the wrong way - you don't seem the kind of guy to buy LFS. If you want a finished product then LFS is definitely not for you. S3 may be years away. I love LFS and like many people have said it's way better than most other "finished" games out there, but you seem to be staring yourself blind on the "alpha" Your loss ;-)

Nothing to do with alpha, more to do with is there ever an end to 'development' and a final product released with such and such features, this many tracks/cars etc. I don't know much about the history of lfs, I just know its been out for a number of years in development status.
I might break down and buy it, its obviously a good product as there are many people playing the game. I have a g25 on the way, once it arrives maybe then I will take the plunge and purchase the game.

thanks all
#16 - Jakg
Forget the fact it's still in Development - GTR2 is "finished" and has no more development, and yes (imo) LFS is already better than it. It's got over 800 combo's so i don't see how you could get bored of the stuff we had.
But WHY do you want an end of development?

I think its great that we experience the development "live" and can make improvement suggestions that are sometimes even implemented into the game.

I dont want LFS to be finished anytime soon.
Quote from Jakg :It's got over 800 combo's so i don't see how you could get bored of the stuff we had.

What do you mean by over 800 combos?

thanks
A combo = a certain track/car combination.

If you take every car and every track you get over 800 different combinations.
Quote from zeugnimod :But WHY do you want an end of development?

I think its great that we experience the development "live" and can make improvement suggestions that are sometimes even implemented into the game.

I dont want LFS to be finished anytime soon.

good point
#21 - Jakg
Car/Track combinations - you've got 20-something cars, but at the same time you've got 7 environments, each with between one and 16 (inc reveresed) configs.

I've recently been sad enough to try to set a PB on Every car/track combination and doing just one lap is taking me a LOOOOOOOONG time.
You have to understand one thing: The main points of LfS aren't the content like RL cars or tracks, nor fancy graphics with millions of shaders, but the way it's developed and physics...

So, how is LfS developed? First, the alpha tag strictly means that not all features are fully or at all implemented... So yes, we may have to wait some time, but in the end, we might get a surprise in form of a new feature as well... It also means that we as a community can have an effect on how something is developed or features are implemented by popular demand (hi-res skin downloads for example)...

As for the physics, LfS has tire deformation and calculates the traction in real time, rather than reads it out of an excel-sheet, which you can see in the forces view (f) and in the suspension view (shift + k)... It also doesn't rely on canned effects, but calculates the forces acting on the steering and sends it to the wheel... In terms of physics, LfS seems to be superior to the ISI-based sims...

If you're looking for something like I described, you'll have fun with LfS for years...
#23 - Gunn
Quote from doox00 :... is there ever an end to 'development'

I hope not! It's great to see a product which I purchased years ago being constantly improved. It was worth every cent back then, it's worth much much more now.
looks like he did his decision already
Yep! Welcome to S2!

addons..
(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG