The online racing simulator
XFG - is that realistic?
(59 posts, started )
Quote from ACCAkut :I think he means modern Rallycross cars. They use unrestricted versions of the WRC (which aren't allowed to go over 300hp) or WTCC/BTCC engines, normally exceeding 600hp

Well it's the intake and boost pressure that are limited, trying to limit cars by power is a complete waste of time because it is so easy to cheat.
To me all of the road going cars need a bit of a "reality based" makeover, im sure we'll get there someday though, till then, lets enjoy our fire breating monstors.
What's so bad about this whole thing?? I meen look at the FD RX-7

1.3L 255hp. Look at that. Smaller output then the XFG but alot more HP.
1995CobraR - XFG is 1.3 litre. While on the other hand, rotary engines are somewhat different, they can't be directly compared and it's also not uncommon to see those engines labelled as 2.6 litres.
Quote from ajp71 :Well it's the intake and boost pressure that are limited, trying to limit cars by power is a complete waste of time because it is so easy to cheat.

That's right. I bet some WRC cars have 400 bhp or more. If the intake limitter would be removed, more than 500 bhp would be no problem at all.
Quote from 1995CobraR :What's so bad about this whole thing?? I meen look at the FD RX-7

1.3L 255hp. Look at that. Smaller output then the XFG but alot more HP.

But thats a wankel rotary
Quote from ACCAkut :I think he means modern Rallycross cars. They use unrestricted versions of the WRC (which aren't allowed to go over 300hp) or WTCC/BTCC engines, normally exceeding 600hp

S2000 cars are in the region of 300 but NA. WRC engines have similar power but they have phenomenal torque is what's needed.
Quote from ajp71 :Yeah I love the LX6s screaming little racing engine but it isn't really like anything that exists.

search youtube for blade r1 gsx etc powered kit cars, there is a twin blade engined kit car, the blade engine is(the old one atleast) a 900cc v4 powerplant, most bikes from that era had single point injection aswell, they produce around 150-160bhp on there own so 2 engines would be more like 300, when its in a car that weighs no more than half a tonne it goes like stink so the lx6 isnt so unrealistic
Quote from p5srono :search youtube for blade r1 gsx etc powered kit cars, there is a twin blade engined kit car, the blade engine is(the old one atleast) a 900cc v4 powerplant, most bikes from that era had single point injection aswell, they produce around 150-160bhp on there own so 2 engines would be more like 300, when its in a car that weighs no more than half a tonne it goes like stink so the lx6 isnt so unrealistic

http://youtube.com/watch?v=u3qtfY0Ps74
yea well just proves what i said, the lx6 does sound and feel like a bike based kit car so its not unrealistic
Quote from p5srono :yea well just proves what i said, the lx6 does sound and feel like a bike based kit car so its not unrealistic

Yeah, it does indeed. 400 brake in a 4 wheel drive LX6 could be a bit interesting.
Good old Suzuki Swift GTI, 1.3L engine / 101 hp
there are loads of variations now, bike powered austin mini's, bike powered vw polo's etc, have a scoot for the radical, its a light weight onroad racin car powered by the r1 engine, 1000cc race bike engine, now thats a car id like to see in lfs, even if its only loosely based
Quote from AndroidXP :What I find even more amazing is how you get 490bhp out of a 2.0 litre turbocharged inline 4.

Big turbo:

On the GTRs the turbo kicks iin only at 4/5000 rpm, so it's probably pretty huge.
Quote from ajp71 :No WRC cars produce around 300-350bhp, doesn't mean anything though because it is the traction that's important.

500 bhp out of a 2 litre 4 pot isn't really unrealistic, the theoretical limit for a turbocharged engine is very high. The issue is always going to be reliability of components that are pushed so hard, but I think it's perfectly reasonable to expect an endurance engine to be able to produce that kind of power, the Sierras were producing significantly more 20 years ago

read his post a bit slower...
Good that some motorbike numbers already got mentioned, because that also gives a good indication of what's possible even with normal aspirated (non turbo) engines.

With productionbikes you see 4 cylinder litre powers hitting 180 bhp nowadays, and 4 cylinder in line 1000cc's revving upto 12.000 rpm. (that's pretty high..:schwitz

Although a roadcar's engine is made to last higher mileage and longer service intervals compared to most bike-engines, say 100K kilometers/60K miles is still possible with such a bike-engine before revision is needed in most cases, when treated well.
Another reason car-engine bhp's are usually much lower is because that gives the engine more and a more pleasant torque-curve for a car..

With turbo's you can double, perhaps tripple horsepowers, also on bikes, for example there seem to be a lot of turbo'ed Hayabusa's (gsxr1300's, perhaps some bored to 1500 or even bigger) around, with horsepowers going upto 500 bhp or over. Those probably won't last very long..but for racing that's not always a requirement either.

So the bhp's the LFS cars put out is just too low.

I believe there's a Hayabusa powered Caterham, the LX6 is probably based on that. (It's rev's, power, six speed gearbox and "feel" certainly seem to match to me.)

Also this is my first post on the LFS forum, hi all. Hope it works.
(Found out about LFS about a month ago, licenced a week ago. Love it , used to be addicted to GPL.)
Quote from p5srono :search youtube for blade r1 gsx etc powered kit cars, there is a twin blade engined kit car, the blade engine is(the old one atleast) a 900cc v4 powerplant, most bikes from that era had single point injection aswell, they produce around 150-160bhp on there own so 2 engines would be more like 300, when its in a car that weighs no more than half a tonne it goes like stink so the lx6 isnt so unrealiscti

not V4 they were inline 4, and not 900 early ones were 893cc, then 918, then 929 and 954. and they did not have fuel injection until 2001 in the 929cc, before that they were carbs and would produce about 120-130 bhp, so apart from that you were right
there's no replacement for displacement, id rather have an ass load of torque pushing that 400-500hp add a turbo, then now what?
#48 - Woz
On the smaller engine front my BWM Mini Cooper was 1 1.6 NA engine and that put out about 110 in stock mode. The Cooper Works kit that would bring that to 160 all in NA mode and does not invalidate the warenty etc so 115 out of a 1.4 is not too unrealistic.

The high redline is a little out there but I think the VTecs rev to stupid limits.

It would be good to see more "normal" redlines and power curves though
Quote from steve :there's no replacement for displacement, id rather have an ass load of torque pushing that 400-500hp add a turbo, then now what?

lol, makes you think back to those 1980's F1 cars pushing out 1500bhp out of a 1.5L engine
i dunno much bout big bikes so im probably wrong but im sure they had single point, single point works off the carb, basically a little jet that squirts more fuel in, a lot of older small cars use the same thing, my 1.2 nova had single point, my mates 205gt had single point, im sure there are some bikers on here that could confirm or make me look like a tit tho, search for ghost rider on youtube or google video, there is a turbo busa on there runnin 500bhp, i saw a vid of a twin engined turbo busa kit car wich just took the piss, there is a vid floatin around of a quad with a impreza sti engine aswell, not sure what that has to do with anythin but its worth a look

XFG - is that realistic?
(59 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG