The online racing simulator
Is there a way
(11 posts, started )
Is there a way
to get ABS on your car? I don't want to lock my wheels when braking too hard in corners.

Thanks!
#2 - HVS5b
Don't think so.

Have you read the manual? Ther is a good tutorial on how to set up brakes properly in there.
Ah just had a look at that. I'm a newbie still and playing with a joypad. Hopefully soon I will get a G25, it looks awesome.

I think ABS and EBD would be a good idea though, especially for people who aren't experts with brake balancing etc.
#4 - HVS5b
Aye, the G25 is the wasy to go for sure! Save those pennies and buy one soon. It will take the game to a whole new level (I really should listern to my own advise and go get one, instead of this old Thrustmaster GT)

I disagree about the driving aids tho, not really required and would just result in slower lap times (apart from the F1 car where I can't finish a lap without the TC )
In the meantime, go to the pit and set the brake force lower. Trial and error will give you non locking brakes, but it's not optimal of course.
There is a brake help option in Options/Player , though i have no idea what it does. Might be worth trying.
I think it just brakes the car a little, when you approach a corner. illegal might know, he uses all aids and wears padding
The brake help option is like a dumbed down version of ABS - it tries pumping the brake for you when the front wheels are about to lock up. It can unnecessarily increase your braking distance and actually remove control from the user, though I guess it's ok for newbies who really struggle with the brake pedal (or of course if you're using a gamepad it can help quite a bit). Once you have a proper wheel though you should disable it, as it just promotes bad habits.
As a previous gamepad user I recommend just reducing the Max Brake Force setting in the car setting until you dont get the problem. It works better than brake help.
Umm, a good tip is to check if you have "throttle blip on downshift" turned on. This makes braking a LOT better if you're driving a non-g25 wheel lie a DFP, momo, or a thrustmaster.
Quote from Mako. :Umm, a good tip is to check if you have "throttle blip on downshift" turned on. This makes braking a LOT better if you're driving a non-g25 wheel lie a DFP, momo, or a thrustmaster.

I run with it off on my DFP, and just heel and toe downshift The STCC made me do it, with their no driving aids policy, hehe.

Is there a way
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG