The online racing simulator
So you want to join a team?
(12 posts, started )
I see many people asking to join teams, sometimes it's as simple as just posting a request to join a team, other times it's a bit more involved.
Firstly, ask yourself why you want to join a team, if you are/can be commited to a team, and if you have any "special" skills (e.g. skinning, movies, website building etc etc) that you could offer the team.
Once you have decided that joining a team is for you, your next "job" should be deciding which team or teams you are interested in joining.
I would suggest that you choose a team based on it's drivers, drivers you know, drivers you have driven with and those that you have a rapport with, also the teams activity in both public servers and in leagues is a good indication as to how active the team will be in the future.
Once you have found a team or teams that you would like to join, join their forum, start chatting with the teams members, start trying to race with them and get your face "out there", mention to them that you are interesting in joining there team, but most of all, be active with them, both in races/leagues, and in their forum.
Other factors you should look at in your search for a team, is weather you like their skin, because obviously you would have to race in the teams skin, weather they have a website and forum too is a good indication of the teams viability.
Teams "normally" select drivers based on a number of criterior, these being, in no particular order, maturity, in both forums and physical age.
Mileage in LFS, although high mileage is no indication of someones ability, a high mileage normally shows that someone is a dedicated racer.
Laptimes, again, although this is no indication of someones "racing" ability, if the team is intending on entering league events they will want someone fast(ish).
Personality, teams normally go for people who are friendly and fun, those that can be serious when it comes to racing, but can also have a laugh with the rest of the team.
The above isn't a be all and end all of joining a team, but hopefully it has given those wanting to join a team some food for thought.
Feel free to post any other tips if you feel they will add to the post.

Regards

Dan,
Excellent advice Danowat. All people looking for a team should read this!!
Good post, good advice Danowat
Great stuff! This should be stickified
Quote from niall09 :Great stuff! This should be stickified

Stickified? Guh - are you four

Agreed, should be a sticky some good advice in there.

Edit: Dan you got you weather wrong, should be whether
I always do
Aw i thought he got it wrong coz it was raining outside :P, but i agree its quite alot of information that is very useful and yep should be a sticky.

Good job Danowat
-
(Blas89) DELETED by Blas89
Yea, great post
Should be sticked, this is like some kind of manual, how to join team
Good thread.
Should be stickied if Danowat does some editing to make it better looking and "easier" to read to those that can't be arsed to read it as it is. (Guess there are a few :shrug

Want to add a few thigs to it though.

When you join a team, you should do a little effort to be active,
both in the forum and online. Its no point in being in a team just
to get the cool skins and the respected team tag beside your nick.
it should be paragraphed and simplified ( e.g When joining a team , make sure the team leader can read whats under your avatar ( race name ) or just give him to like to your lfsworld stats )

English is, and has never been, a strong point of mine, so if any wants to make some changes/additions to it, feel free
Quote from danowat :English is not, and has never been, a strong point of mine, so if anyone wants to make some changes/additions to it, feel free.

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG