The online racing simulator
Quote from J.B. :... not getting stuck behind BMW's in races...

In Hungary Alonso’s car was behind BMW thanks to a FIA decision, not Alonso lack of pace.
In Istanbul it was a tyre bad choice as Alonso recognised as his own mistake after Q3 was over. Alonso was quicker with the option tyre on the first attempt.
Kimi had also a mistake on last attempt; still he managed to past Hamilton at the beginning and set the fastest lap at the very end. Even so he was unable to pass Massa.

I don’t know what you mean by "trouble free", is there any moment when driving a F1 catalogued as "trouble free", maybe when the 'safety car mode' is set on the mappings...
Bridgestone have said they think Hamiltons tyre failure was caused by 'chunking'. That apparently is when the marbles picked up off the track form larger 'chunks' on the tyre and they harden, then those 'chunks' damage the tyre over time. You learn something new everyday.
#78 - J.B.
Quote from jamvib :In Hungary Alonso’s car was behind BMW thanks to a FIA decision, not Alonso lack of pace.

Yes, that was the point I was making. Alonso doesn't lack pace to Hamilton. That's what I said in the first post. Are you sure you didn't misread it?

Quote from jamvib :
I don’t know what you mean by "trouble free", is there any moment when driving a F1 catalogued as "trouble free", maybe when the 'safety car mode' is set on the mappings...

Like the second stint in Turkey. Both had a clear track, no car problems and no offs. The result? They stayed very consistently at 14 seconds apart from each other, which came down to 12 in the end, probably because Hamilton's tyre was already beginning to fail.
If its what Bridgestone think it is then I'm guessing Hamilton would of been able to feel it, much in the same way you can feel a flat spot. I don't think that would account for 2 seconds, but it probably wouldn't help. I still think Alonso should be faster, or at least more intelligent with his decisions and comments. I want to know how he brought 6 tenths of a second with him when he joined Mclaren, its not like he took them from Renault.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I still think Alonso should be faster, or at least more intelligent with his decisions and comments. I want to know how he brought 6 tenths of a second with him when he joined Mclaren, its not like he took them from Renault.

I think I agree with you, but it does seem that some drivers are capable of getting more out of teams than others. Take Damon Hill, for example. Now I realise that he isn't a truly great racing driver, but it seems like every team he was part of during his career (with the exception of Brabham in 1992!) improved leaps and bounds while he was with them, then failed completely after he left. Williams were already good when he joined, but Arrows seemed like a different team in the second half of 1997, then Jordan took their first win in 1998 and were challenging for the title (with Frentzen) in 1999.
#81 - J.B.
Exactly. He never gets enough credit for this IMO. In the Arrows he was struggling to qualify in the first race and basically won in Hungary. You can never underestimate how much an intelligent driver can help the team work in the right direction.
Gotta love Eddie Jordan, what a Cheerful chap, how F1 Misses him , i tell yer, COME BACK EDDIE!

I don't think ANY F1 race is boring. If you can't take the rules of it, for what they are, don't bother watching F1. Wait till next years rules suit YOU tbh, cos thats all you people seem to whine about.
Yes its our fault for wanting to be entertained, we should just let those guys drive in circles for their sponsors on closed circuits.
Quote from Becky Rose :"Fantastic start by Hamilton!" the UK race spokesman (I refuse to acknowledge his as a commentator any more) screamed as Lewis slipped down the order.

i almost choked on my beer when he blurted that out, along with him declaring that hamilton was "racing for the win" when he was in 3rd and losing time every lap. at least somebody corrected him and said, no actually he's in damage control mode.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG