The online racing simulator
STCC Sim Touring Car Cup 9 (Fern Bay Green)
(105 posts, started )
Best broadcast yet Becky, brilliant work. Smooth and very professional. Commentating was spot on, camera work was 100 times better than previous broadcasts and equivalent to coverage found on TV easily.

Constructive comments: I noted with some dissapointment that yet again drivers had changed their skins from previous races this season. The new skins look great, but from a casual observers perspective, it gives no continuity.
Thinking about it, I think the only skin changes were Stuart Bakers (which he uses for the remainder of the season), Sam and Jakg go to the UKCT 07 skin, and John stays with the old UKCT Blue skin (Ironically I go to a new UKCT 07 Blue skin in the final 3 rounds)
who's changed their skins? I've noticed no-one and I don't even think we're allowed.
Well, Jakg and Sam went to a revised UKCT Red skin, which is the new 07 version of the skin. Stu Baker has a nice black skin now, and in future rounds I'm using my new UKCT07-Blue skin. I think we are allowed to change skins, but it's frowned upon.
The skin and number plate regulations are very tight but the drivers basically ignore them. @Dustin: At no point have you ever been allowed to change your skin, UKCT seem to have the biggest trouble in understanding this... Much to my constant dispair over the subject! My own team...... *sigh*

We had a team and skin lock down at the midway point of the season, but LFS' own politics and team realignments over-ruled the strength of the STCC rules on the subject. One of the biggest problems we have had is that over the course of a season lasting over a year is that people have changed their LFS teams.

Next season I plan to basically give the entries to the teams rather than the drivers in an effort to resolve this, it's not as straight forward as that but essentially this will be how it works. This ties in with something else that i'll probably reveal in the last round broadcast.

Team skins will be fixed and the only thing that drivers can do is add their name and country flag. Driver number positions, size and font will be fixed. Teams will be expected to work their skin around the placement of the series skin restrictions rather than the other way around because if I see 1 pixel out of place they're in trouble! lol.
Giving entrys to teams, there goes my chance of driving.
Hehe
#58 - SamH
The only changes to UKCT team skins were when we created the UKCT red and blue. We created the 07 skins, with the deeper red and blue, and the silver bull, but Becky retains control over the skins in the STCC, and we wear whichever Becky says the STCC says we're allowed. That's always been understood. Dustin, pay attention next time
On the subject of DVDs... I'd pay at least $20 plus shipping for one. I'd imagine many other LFS racers would too.

Keep up the great work!
#60 - Jakg
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Well, Jakg and Sam went to a revised UKCT Red skin, which is the new 07 version of the skin. Stu Baker has a nice black skin now, and in future rounds I'm using my new UKCT07-Blue skin. I think we are allowed to change skins, but it's frowned upon.

I've changed my skin, but Becky's using the old one for continuity, same with Sam.
With mine, it had been mentioned that there were a load of blue/white cars and that it was getting a tad confusing. Then JJ72 kindly offered to make me a new skin, which I OK'd with the powers that be before it was made.
Outstanding broadcast, takes LFS to a whole new level really, thumbs up everyone involved
Good stuff, brilliant pass by Teaz-R on the 2nd restart.
I like the side position bar. I use a widescreen monitor, and crop the top and bottom, so the side works great!
That commercial should be used more! Looks amazing. Post it on website maybe? Definetely on youtube (seperate i mean).
I had a lot of fun watching the coverage! thanks!

...I would have missed it if it hadn't been put up under 'today's events' on the top of the forum's start page

anyway, good work!
First time I watched, and I have to say I didn't expect it too be so good! Well done Becky

One thing: I got confused as to which car the camera was following a couple of times, maybe add a little indicator? And also, I missed a co-commentator, your commentary was good, no doubt, but it works better with two. These things have already been mentioned, I know, but I though I'd re-enforce them

KUTGW!
Quote from Bawbag :Good stuff, brilliant pass by Teaz-R on the 2nd restart.

thanks
It sure was a exciting race
Great work again, but please, dont use that reflection texture, it looks really un-real and strange... original texture is better
More closer looks on cars. They all looked the same to me. Skins were not really distinguishable, or maybe its the reflection mod?
@Spikey, did you view the low quality/you tube version or download the high quality?
The cars and track look gorgeous compared to previous broadcasts! So much so that now the little 3D grid preview stands out with its lower resolution. The position list works well for the most part, but the text is too blurry even in the high quality video. It becomes completely illegible when the color changes to green or red. I think the text boxes need to be opaque to reduce the amount of artifacting on the text due to blending with the background.

In regards to car markings and numbers, I think next season (if there is one) the number template is going to have to be much bigger to be prominent and visible in the high res video, let alone youtube. Not as big as my roof number, but perhaps something like the big circles they had back before touring cars were covered in sponsors.

Before the race I had been hoping to get a little more screentime but I didn't think I would put on such an embarassing performance!
I suppose I can console myself with the fact that my flub was useful in demonstrating that the STCC now has false starts. :Kick_Can_
Alan, maybe you and I should plan some Canadian pride for the last race?
UKCT Red, UKCT Blue...Needs UKCT Black :P
Yep, we have UKCT Black next race, along with two shades of blue, and two shades of UKCT red - one with a silver boot, the other with yellow...

STCC Sim Touring Car Cup 9 (Fern Bay Green)
(105 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG