The online racing simulator
STCC Sim Touring Car Cup 9 (Fern Bay Green)
(105 posts, started )
Giz, Just wait.

Becky, its so specators can tell us apart by colour! because RB4's and FXO's and RB4's and XRT's look so close
I had no problems telling which driver from which let alone colours i even noticed the skin changes ect and that was all from the Youtube broadcast, so in my regards Becky has done a very handy job though i did miss your partner in crime
But thats just a small issue like ive said before Becky great job.
#78 - Jakg
It's not the reflection mod per se, it's the reflection setting - can i recommend that Becky looks in the cfg.txt and drops "Car Shine" by about 0.2 or 0.3? Two of the 3 main reflection mods actually want about 0.5 Car Shine because of the way they're laid out.
Awesome broadcast Becky.

Will be good to hear Tristan again next round too!
That was awesome! Absolutely awesome!

You did a great job, Becky, and the new camera system is definitely smoother and overall, better. I cringed every time someone came close to scraping those tires on the chicane. First down was Pinola, then Raemisch (my personal RB4 hero and favorite driver :P) pulled up, and when he dropped down to 9th I just couldn't believe it. And then Vierumaki went down! My three favorite drivers, all from the same team, down!

This was definitely the most heart-pumping STCC broadcast for me..

Can't wait for the next!
#81 - Jakg
Quote from Mithras :You did a great job, Becky, and the new camera system is definitely smoother and overall, better. I cringed every time someone came close to scraping those tires on the chicane. First down was Pinola, then Raemisch (my personal RB4 hero and favorite driver :P) pulled up, and when he dropped down to 9th I just couldn't believe it. And then Vierumaki went down! My three favorite drivers, all from the same team, down!

*cough* you forgot your favourite RB4 driver and personal idol *cough*

Chris welcomes you to his fanclub, btw, the admission price is £10 :P
#82 - Vain
Quote from teaz-R :thanks
It sure was a exciting race

It was a brave move and well executed.
Though I still have a grudge against Chris for insisting to go side-by-side through the chicane. He could've tugged in and challenged me for second on the remaining laps (in which he would propably have succeeded), but noooo, he wanted to become 9th...
But hey, the way it panned out all Muroc cars removed themselves from the top-three. Team ART for the win .

Vain
Quote from Becky Rose :@Spikey, did you view the low quality/you tube version or download the high quality?

The high. In my mind it was clearer in previous ones. I am colour blind so. It seemed to zoom in more i think. The reflectionmod dont make the UKCT red stand out very well for instance. Think its mainly that.
Quote from Becky Rose :Yep, we have UKCT Black next race, along with two shades of blue, and two shades of UKCT red - one with a silver boot, the other with yellow...

For real? Do tell...
Regarding reflection mod, yes I did have one but if I recall correctly we did not run in sunny conditions and thats probably why the cars are a bit washed out. I've just reinstalled though so I have no texture mods for the next one.
Quote from Mithras :That was awesome! Absolutely awesome!

You did a great job, Becky, and the new camera system is definitely smoother and overall, better. I cringed every time someone came close to scraping those tires on the chicane. First down was Pinola, then Raemisch (my personal RB4 hero and favorite driver :P) pulled up, and when he dropped down to 9th I just couldn't believe it. And then Vierumaki went down! My three favorite drivers, all from the same team, down!

This was definitely the most heart-pumping STCC broadcast for me..

Can't wait for the next!

Glad to hear that your enjoying it! These guys are sooo much fun to race with and everyone races their hearts out, making for some of the best racing I have ever seen anywhere! Nice to see I managed to bring one to my side =P BTW admission it's £10 anymore, it's more like £15 =P The guys up front are so fast, I really can't compete with them properly. I need to head to the track for more practice.

Quote from Vain :It was a brave move and well executed.
Though I still have a grudge against Chris for insisting to go side-by-side through the chicane. He could've tugged in and challenged me for second on the remaining laps (in which he would propably have succeeded), but noooo, he wanted to become 9th...
But hey, the way it panned out all Muroc cars removed themselves from the top-three. Team ART for the win .

Vain

Well I did think that a corner or two afterwards. Even better it would have helped if I didn't think we were passing the safety car on the RS. It was exciting none the less and there was only paint exchanged so it's all fun =) My championship contention was hurt pretty bad with that race though and I might not be as agressive from now on, but looking at the race there was some excellent passes because of it. I try not to connect with people unless I get sqeezed but sometimes you just can't avoid it =)
watched the first 5 mins of the youtube version, downloading the full 400mb now, looks really got, it actually got me exited.
lot of accidents at the chicane. lots of on the roof flips. very good work
a great vid... your broadcasts are more like reallife motorsport races on television then broadcasts of eSport events... If a LFS race takes place on the television (I mean a big television channal which could be viewed by many people) I will suggest you Becky for the broadcast management!
Thank you all

And that is the plan TFalke . I'm trying to get a show based around the STCC aired in several countries at the moment. It is proving to be a very slow process.
Quote from Becky Rose :Thank you all

And that is the plan TFalke . I'm trying to get a show based around the STCC aired in several countries at the moment. It is proving to be a very slow process.

maybe we can speed up the process by spamming BBC World/CNN International/TV5 monde with letters, eMails or phone callings that we want to have Becky's STCC coverage
just choose one Becky I think many of in the LFS community would support you
I'm focusing on the English speaking market at the moment and am already in talks but it does strike me that countries that are not primarily English speaking are already a long way ahead in sim race broadcasting, but they dont have anything of the style that I produce.

Unfortunately i'm not equipped to pitch to those countries so i'm working on English markets first and hoping to transition to other languages later.

The major players in the UK have never been interested in sim racing, but with some luck and *touch wood* blind ignorance of defeat it looks more promising in the US for major coverage - although we're further down the road with coverage in the UK.

The problem I have is if the UK says yes and the US says no, i'll have to put it together on a very small budget.
Just a question Becky regarding the DVD if its released, Will there be a round 8 Broadcast in special features or ect? I know its kind of off topic but was just wondering.
Lol and what about Australia? lol bet most of them have never heard of Sim Racing broadcast, bet if you said it there like "Sim what? lol anyway like ive said before good broadcast
I plan to approach Australian broadcasters, I have some information from some of them already but I want to get further down the route elsewhere. The problem we have with Australasia is a lack of a 'local interest' in the league, and poor connections for people in the region to our Heathrow server.
Great work Becky I never imagined the possibility that the STCC might make it on to TV. **looks around for season two entry form**
What happened to Chris Redman BTW? I haven't seen him around here in ages either.
Quote from thisnameistaken :What happened to Chris Redman BTW? I haven't seen him around here in ages either.

As for the STCC you would have to talk to him. He had his reasons =P

As for LFS he took a break, he got his VX220 and is/was playing around with that. On top of other things he just didn't have the time really or the motivation. I have seen him online last week and he says he's coming back to LFS, for STCC though I think he will have to grovel very hard to get his seat back. He would have to go through the quali procedure now if he wants to run season two, but he doesn't care for how the FXO has been handed a bad hand this time around and probably won't want to run.
#99 - SamH
Chris turned up at the UKCT party we had last month, but I missed him cos I had to leave a day early to get ready for my trip. I think he might be meeting up with us at the Renault bash at Donington next weekend. I need to check, actually.
i really liked this, but a for jak's move just as the sc came out

STCC Sim Touring Car Cup 9 (Fern Bay Green)
(105 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG