The online racing simulator
Phlos strikes again?
(19 posts, closed, started )
Phlos strikes again?
Sorry but some (IMO) over enthousistic mod already closed the thread before I can ask what I want to.

1. After this huge overtake yesterday - is my lfs account still save?

2. After I found a website where people explain how to crash servers - when will this be fixed? In Patch Y? When will it come? Today? Tomorrow? Or even next year?
You just won the overreacting Olympics.

I thought his antics were nothing but a small comedy relief that no-one will remember after a couple of days.

LFS community has seen its fair share of idiots during the years. The devs weren't born yesterday and silly stuff like this is dealt accordingly.

P.S. I would certainly like the mods to delete these kind of threads (or move to mod and dev only zone), since publicity is all the script kiddies want. Let's just ignore them and they'll soon slit their wrists and post another entry in their sorry-ass Myspace blog.
#3 - Jakg
1. How could it not be? It's not exactly hard to do that, and requires very little hacking

2. It would be unreasonable to ask for a date for a fix - Scawen IS working on it
Soon as it's available, thats when the fix will be sorted.
#5 - Nobo
I have to be honest. I did ask me the same question yesterday. How save is LFS?
Or is this Phlos guy just a damn good programmer/hacker? Why cant one just get hold off this guy? because if its easy stuff what he did and what he did in the past, like you said, that means everyone who has basic programming/hacking knowledge can come across the road and do that ?
Just want to be clear on that WHAT exactly happened, and why my online-icon still shows me that i spectate. I dont want to overreact. I sit here relaxed in my chair. I am just curious what happened.
No, he isn't very good at hacking - that's why he targets something as insecure as an indie game. If he was any good (and this applies to script kiddies like Muhaa too) they'd be attacking/finding vulnerabilities in something that is actually difficult.
Why would Phlos want to come back and start trouble in the first place? After making a right tit of himself last year.

He's wasting his time coming back thats for sure.
Probably because he gets lots of attention and threads made about him when he does.
Quote from DarkTimes :Probably because he gets lots of attention and threads made about him when he does.

True, but in base of reality, he's not getting anywhere. I'd use the time time to get a job, study at college, hypothetically speaking of course.

He's just wasting his time doing something that will eventually give him negative feedback, won't get him anywhere at all.
BTW: I don´t wanted a blame phlos thread I just want to know when we feel save in lfs again after all these speedhacks/serverhacks the last weeks.
What overtake?
LFS will have plenty of backups for license information, and these hackers are not good enough to get at that. I tell you why they keep doing it, they are insecure egotistical losers who need to justify their existance by making other peoples a tiny bit harder. They also give people a bad name, there are people who actually find exploits for a living and do it to help rather than damage a product.
if i saw him, i would feel sorry for him, and remove the rod stuck up his ass
Quote from PRMLSCRM :10 print "he codes in visual BASIC..."
20 beep
30 goto 10
run

Isn't that QBASIC?! ;P

btw: this topic made me search how to crash lfs server on google and well... I now know how to crash lfs server \o/
Bah, noob. You know the original BEEP command needed 2 variables for length and pitch

10 BEEP 2,1
20 PRINT AT 10,10; FLASH 1; "FAIL!"
Quote :
(and this applies to script kiddies like Muhaa too)

Your a dick you dont even know me so shut the hell up im not a skiddy.!!
tristancliffe have you nothing better to do with your time than troll the forum's.
Get a life.
Exellent!
OK to answer this once and for all - what phlos did is not very easy at all. LFS is not very easy to hack (to seriously hacks that is - i'm not talking about changing a few bytes to change your racer's costume, i'm talking about bypassing the security measures that are in place).

LFS is pretty safe - your LFS account details have not been touched or exposed. The way you were all online had nothing to do with gaining access to your account, so your account details are safe.

Now let's end these phlos attention threads. Thanks to these he keeps coming back and us devs are really tired of it.
This thread is closed

Phlos strikes again?
(19 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG