The online racing simulator
GCSE results
(88 posts, started )
#51 - Jakg
Your foced to do a short course of RE, yes.

/me wanted to do an IT course, but all the School offers is a crappy after-school DiDa course. I've done it (and passed), but it's all "and this is how we make a spreadsheet" and not "this is how we reset a CMOS", i've got MUCH more interest in hardware than in crappy M$ Office
Nice results

Quote from Bean0 :
Are you forced to to RE nowadays ?

We had to do RE in year 10 and everyone was meant to take the short course paper, but if you never did any work for it and got a U in the mock they didn't enter you so about half my year didn't do it (including me ). I think if you take RE with your normal exams that's probably because you choose to do the full course as an option. Supposedly the grounds my school choose to make everyone do the year 10 paper was to prepare people for the real exams (apart from bashing in Christianity and ethical bullshit).
#53 - Jakg
ajp - We ALL have to do an RE exam, the "full course" students do a different paper while we do our exam ( a shorter one) and then they go on to do another paper later on.
You're all so young. It's been 10 years since I did my Standard Grades (GCSE* equiv).

Graded 1-7, I assume they translate like this:
4 grade 2s (I guess A)
2 grade 3s (I guess B)
1 grade 4 (I guess B- or C)

Everything changed the next year and I totally lost interest in all of my classes, so I pretty much failed them all. They should've let me take music, noobs
Nice one Jakg, we all knew a techno geek like you would pass with flying colours

Dan, I thought you were about 25, or are they old results.

Last year, I got:

Maths - B
IT - B
English - C
Science - C
RE - D (I was actually nearly falling asleep while doing this exam)
History - D

Meh.
-
(Jakg) DELETED by Jakg
Quote from DANDAMAN05 :Nice one Jakg (q) lol :P

English Lit - C
English Lang - B
Maths - C
Science - c=c (double award i.e 2 c's)
IT - C
RS - C
French - C
Drama - A
Electronics - B

Not bad overall

#57 - Jakg
I'll say one thing, when Dan hits the drink, he hits it like a 25 year old. Now if only i could post the pictures from the UKCT bash... :P
Do it!
Quote from Dajmin :You're all so young. It's been 10 years since I did my Standard Grades (GCSE* equiv).

Graded 1-7, I assume they translate like this:
4 grade 2s (I guess A)
2 grade 3s (I guess B)
1 grade 4 (I guess B- or C)

Everything changed the next year and I totally lost interest in all of my classes, so I pretty much failed them all. They should've let me take music, noobs

I thought GCSEs were roughly equivalent to Standard Grades in Scotland but wasn't sure. Congrats to everyone who passed, but for those who didn't do too well don't worry that much. You'll soon realise that as long as your results are good enough to make the entry requirements for the next step (e.g. GCSE/Standard Grades good enough to let you take A Levels/Highers) they don't count for jack in the long run. All that really matters is how you did at the last step before the one you're currently on (e.g. Uni/College into job). Most employers probably couldn't care less you got all Cs at GCSE as long as you got a reasonable degree at uni/college.

I got 8 Standard Grades back in the day (2000), 5 of them grade 1s, 3 of them grade 2s. 7 Highers, 1A, 4Bs, 2Cs and 2 Advanced Highers, 2Cs (2001-2002).
I agree with Amp, all of my employers to date could not care less what grades I got.

From an "F" is a pass anyway, so just so you passed.

Don't worry if you didnt get what you wanted. If you plan on going to college, as long as you have good enough grades to get in, then cool. If not, then there are many chances to re-take them. If you are going straight into employment, then it doesnt matter what you get

IMO, schools put to much pressure on exams when really, they dont hold any huge significance.
Quote from The General Lee :IMO, schools put to much pressure on exams when really, they dont hold any huge significance.

It's the all important school league tables that they care about.
Quote from Greboth :Edit: Just noticed I did my gcse's same time as Mr. Smith. Good year to do them I say

That post was a year old, so 5 years ago is now 6.
Damn I feel old... at least I have a degree to my name now too.

Quote from Bean0 :Are you forced to to RE nowadays ?

I can only vouch for my school, but you had to pick either Geography, History or Religious Studies. When you made your selection, out of a year group of ~250 students, only 3 picked RS, so they scrapped the course and nobody did RS. Personally I went further and wriggled out of both geography and history too (IT & BS ftw).
OT: Your sig has changed Bob, did someone give you a job?
Quote from Bob Smith :That post was a year old, so 5 years ago is now 6.
Damn I feel old... at least I have a degree to my name now too.

Well was still a good year to do them, you obviously did them in a bad year

Degree to your name, ooooohh look at you. Don't know why but thought you were older than you actually are .

Anyway enough off topic-ness from me.
My results, seven loooong years ago:-

4 A*'s
3 A's
3 B's

Those were the days...
My results today:

4 As - Maths, Science (dual), Graphics
2 Bs - ICT, English Lang
4 Cs - English Lit, History, German, Statistics

and..

1 E - Music
i got an E in geography as level,
E in general studies as level,
and a big fat U in chemistry as level. 10 points to whoever guesses whether im going back to 6th form next year!

#68 - axus
A for AS Computing
C for AS English First Language

Exams to come in the Oct/Nov session: A1+A2 Physics, A2 Computing, A2 Further Mathematics, A2 Economics.
That'll be my secondary education over.
Me? I got

U in English Lang
U in Computing
U in Physics
U in English Lit
U in Critical Thinking

In a weird way, it's all worked out. I'm a good poet, about to get published
A in maths AS
A in physics AS
A in tech AS
B in business studies AS

A bit of a shock because I was predicted ABCD
Quote from Leifde :My results today:

4 As - Maths, Science (dual), Graphics
2 Bs - ICT, English Lang
4 Cs - English Lit, History, German, Statistics

and..

1 E - Music

Good job man!
well done to everyone who got there results today

One year left for me
#73 - axus
Quote from ajp71 :A in maths AS
A in physics AS
A in tech AS
B in business studies AS

A bit of a shock because I was predicted ABCD

Good going, sir!
Congrats to all the people happy with their GCSE's. I can't even remember what mine were because it's been so long since I've needed to refer to them... it was 15 years ago :cry:
Quote from Greboth :Degree to your name, ooooohh look at you. Don't know why but thought you were older than you actually are .

Grin.
As for the age thing, you'd not be the only one. The whole name thing causes more confusion.

Quote from mrbogeyman :OT: Your sig has changed Bob, did someone give you a job?

No. I just figured if I was ever going to get one from here it would have happened by now. A big long shot obv. hence it was expected and I'm not disappointed. No need unnecessarily advertising my address and phone number. Thankfully no prank calls, at least.

/OT

GCSE results
(88 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG