The online racing simulator
How often do you run a virus scan?
(33 posts, started )

Poll : How often do you run a virus scan?

Random times.
Never
Every week
Every month
Every day
Every year
Every 2 days
Every 3 days
Every 4 days
Every 5 days
Every 6 days
Quote from Shotglass :sweet jesus ! why would you go through all this hassle ? anytime i ran one of those two they never found anything except alexa and a few cookies (except that one time i was in a tired yeah yeah just shut the hell up mood and accidentally clicked on yes while closing a whole bunch of popups)

I'm a moody git.
Avast user here too. Why would I need to run a scan when its active in the background?
One time a year. 2 viruses so long.
#29 - mr_x
once a week just to be safe:
AVG Free Edition AntiVirus
Adaware SE
Spybot search and destroy

also got a Netgear router/firewall seems to keep all the nasties out!
I just check when I notice something out of the ordinary like a drop in performance. There's nothing private or unretrievable on my computer so I don't worry too much.
#31 - JTbo
My work is to fix computers and usually it is indeed the user that is to blame from having spyware on his machine, using IE and going to sites that has lot of ads usually brings shit in.

Then there is this other group, they don't have much spyware, but more viruses, their antivirus is outdated or they have none, viruses have come usually from e-mail, they have used usually outlook express.

I have not had a virus, but Avast! has few times blocked spyware from ad, even I do use firefox and adblock, drivingitalia.it was where it stopped spyware last time.

Avast is good, it is not resource hog and updates are very quick and don't disturb my working.
Heh, my friend just got this new low-price Dell and was browsing online with IE. Man-o-man.... he browsed this one site that gave him 4 viruses or something... just from pop-ups and javascript or something. He had to get to this site too. (He could see that he got viruses because he had some McAffee live detect thing or something). Well... he could have those viruses removed, then tried Firefox. No viruses were found when he re-visited. A shame IE is so blatantly unsecure.
#33 - DR3W
Quote from Tweaker :Heh, my friend just got this new low-price Dell and was browsing online with IE. Man-o-man.... he browsed this one site that gave him 4 viruses or something... just from pop-ups and javascript or something. He had to get to this site too. (He could see that he got viruses because he had some McAffee live detect thing or something). Well... he could have those viruses removed, then tried Firefox. No viruses were found when he re-visited. A shame IE is so blatantly unsecure.

Ya thats the thang, seinc i got firefox it cut my viruses/spywear ect. down alot.
And when evryone wes like uoi need firefox blah blah, i wes like whatever its no diffrent then i got it and i realy liked it.
People that dont have firefox need it in blows IE out of the water!

How often do you run a virus scan?
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG