The online racing simulator
Project Nurburgring
(246 posts, started )
@ Mike85

I am happy we the tracks we have, but I NEED nurburgring, only the ring as real track, nothing else.
You want a real track? I know a track, MUCH shorter than the Nürburgring, yet, just as challenging. It's called the Ring Djursland. Located in Denmark, at 1.75km, it is extremly short, yet, definetly challinging. It has a stupid amount of elevation change, and, one of THE toughest corners I have EVER seen.

That big long right-hander to the right of the picture. You'll see what I mean in the video clips.

First is a video from what I THINK is rFactor, not sure though.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=qmtCJ_4KunI

And secondly, a veiw from the inside of a Citröen Saxo, one lap around.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=gd4vjIWpfAs

Now, THAT is a track I'd like to see in LFS.

Cheers,
Matt.
Looks very very good, just a few parts where i went Hatzenbach-geschlängel is still a bit weird just like Flugplatz and Adenauer-Forst but it looks 100% better also the width (sp?) is looking much better then it is now, for example Pflanzgarten I & II an then the whole section going to Mini karussel is looking very accurate whereas in the older version it's just utterly crap.
The 2006-version (VLN,24h,tourist) is under further development and it's called "Nordschleife 2.0". Now they do bugfixing.

An onboard lap was posted yesturday at the german website "RF-Nordschleife.de"

Download: (101MB; it's a .mkv filetype so you will need VLC to play the video)

http://rapidshare.com/files/49 ... tr_ns2.0_onboard.rar.html

Amazing work.
I'm officially jealous .
Damn that looks awesome! /me wants!
That track work was incredible. :bowdown:

After watching that video, how can anyone say we shouldn't have real tracks in LFS? Can you imagine how good the tracks would be if the dev's just let talented people like the guys responsible for that make their own tracks??

Quote from ksa_land :The 2006-version (VLN,24H,Tourist) is under further development and it's called "Nordschleife 2.0". Now they do bugfixing.

A onboard lap was posted yesturday at the german website "RF-Nordschleife.de"

Download: (101MB; it's a .mkv filetype so you will need VLC to play the video)

http://rapidshare.com/files/49 ... tr_ns2.0_onboard.rar.html

Amazing work.
I'm officially jealous .

HOLY MOLEY, thats one awesome rendition of the ring.
Might have to dust off my copy of rFactor if/when that gets released!!!!
Looks very nice. But there's a problem. How would you get the talented people's content intot he game? I mean the game is not open for modding so it would have to be included by the devs. That would make it official. If it was open and stuff, then LFS would have to open up - then we have crackers and everybody would make crappy tracks and cars. You can't make it a closed deal for 10 people and not have it official. At least not how i see it. Would be great if it was possible.
The defs work simply like they want to work.
They aren't interested about which way other games go and which possibilities they offer.
Until S3 final isn't released it won't be possible to convert tracks or make them ourself (same for cars).
If this will be possible after S3 final isn't really sure I think. We will see.

No question that it would be awesome to drive the Nordschleife in LFS , but now it's not the time to question why the defs don't allow self-made content because they simply won't.

I don't have R-Factor and I won't buy it, so I wait until the track is converted into GTR-2. It's not like other games totally suck and it won't be any fun to drive the Nordschleife in other games.

If any real track will ever be included in LFS I hope it will be the Nordschleife, with it's pros and contras.

We have to wait anyway.

Sorry for my ****** english
Mike the problem is that once the devs take part in the checking, it's sort of official material in the game. And that doesn't work. It has to be either totaly open or paid for. It would be hard to find a way in the gray area and not get caught.
Quote from duke_toaster :here's a suggestion for an R/L track in LFS - what about the Birmingham Superprix circuit that was used in the early 90's?

lol that made me chuckle Duke, but seriously tho, from what i saw on Central News the other week, most of the councillors that where against the racing in Birmingham have U-turned on their decisions, and now they want it back. There seems to be a lot of interest to bringing this back, so if Scawen's quick and does it before the the real event gets officially re-launched, they might be able to skip paying a licence fee for it

ok, so i'm biased (from the "2nd city" too, lol)
Quack!!

i googled > this <

Attached images
superprixMAP.jpg
Quote from KeiichiRX7 :It's moer than jsut converting a track. LFS has it's own Graphical syle and just converting a track will leave you with a course that looks horridly out of place.

-10 (due to scale) for Nordeschliefe
+1 for the GP course
+1 for Bathurst
+1 for Mid Ohio

Mid Ohio was resurfaced. Its fookin amazing now!
that video of Nurb looks awesome!!!!!
I appeciate that the Devs want to keep a tight reign on their game, but today I downloaded another 15 tracks for GTR2, some real, some fictional, to go along the excellent 'Ring that I already have for that game. Other games have similar situations. There are people who create tracks for free, just because they love doing it.

Why can't the devs let a small number of people come up with high quality tracks (that perhaps even resemble some real life counterpart) and then vet them. If they are good enough, they can be incorporated in to the game by the devs. If they are not good enough, the devs don't include it. As long as the devs control what goes in, and the tracks are deemed to be royalty free by their creators... where is the harm?

Lets face it, nobody is going to to make a million bucks by selling this software, especially if it starts to lag further behind it's cometitors in the quantity and quality of its cars, tracks and graphics. Let it have an injection of new life until the S2 final comes out.

That way, the devs can hopefully work on that awful AI!

Ian
Quote from quackdougal :lol that made me chuckle Duke, but seriously tho, from what i saw on Central News the other week, most of the councillors that where against the racing in Birmingham have U-turned on their decisions, and now they want it back. There seems to be a lot of interest to bringing this back, so if Scawen's quick and does it before the the real event gets officially re-launched, they might be able to skip paying a licence fee for it

ok, so i'm biased (from the "2nd city" too, lol)
Quack!!

i googled > this <

The Birmingham Superprix Act is still on the books funnily enough. For selfish reasons I'd rather see an Oxford Superprix (try doing that when they get rid of cars in the city centre) but councils closing streets for racing SHOULD be permitted. I can't help thinking that all sport should be exempt from noise laws, BTW.
Nurburg ring +1

Spa Francorchamp

Road Atalnta??

Those tracks would be great but without them the game stil is the best i ever had and wil have for a long time
The Old Zandvoort was a GREAT track.
No point putting on a Nurburgring tho, people will just end up whining, that peopel restart, when they are trying to go for a PB, would maybe be good for League racing though.
Quote from KanseiDneova :You want a real track? I know a track, MUCH shorter than the Nürburgring, yet, just as challenging. It's called the Ring Djursland. Located in Denmark, at 1.75km, it is extremly short, yet, definetly challinging. It has a stupid amount of elevation change, and, one of THE toughest corners I have EVER seen.

That big long right-hander to the right of the picture. You'll see what I mean in the video clips.

First is a video from what I THINK is rFactor, not sure though.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=qmtCJ_4KunI

And secondly, a veiw from the inside of a Citröen Saxo, one lap around.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=gd4vjIWpfAs

Now, THAT is a track I'd like to see in LFS.

Cheers,
Matt.

Love how fun Djursland is.
Another shorty I can't get enough of is Oran Park Australia. 3 flavors: OP-South, OP-North, and OP-GP.

This is a video of Oran Park South (0.4 mi)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=DI4-l8OS06s

Oran Park GP (1.6 mi)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=nNHeu4jogks

OP-North is a bridged figure 8.

And a big thumbs up for Nord
Any more news on a possible LFS Nordeschliefe
Ok, now someone dragged the thread up for me, I want LE MANS! When LFS gets better and there can be more than 20 people on the grid, imagine having a 24 hour race round there!

And then you can have the "little, boring" track, to keep the rest happy.
Quote from piggy501 :When LFS gets better and there can be more than 20 people on the grid

There can be 32 people on the grid now.

Project Nurburgring
(246 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG