The online racing simulator
#26 - SamH
Quote from gohfeld23 :As long as there aren't any negative licence drawbacks for the yellow count, I'm fine with it.

Precisely. The yellows stat is for YOUR bragging rights, nothing more. We don't use the stats at all, for any decision making. That all said, you can make USE of the stat to your own personal ends. If you find your ratio is higher than you'd like, it's within your powers to change it. IMO it's a goal worth pursuing, and I plan to do so myself. I'd like to get mine a lot lower than the 24% I'm clocking right now.
I am at 15% is that good
Not bad - I'm on 11. Lowest I've seen is Moose on 10 and I race him often and he is virtually mistake free most of the time.

This thread has made me chuckle a bit. The words 'toys' and 'pram' spring to mind
Actually, the lowest I've seen is teaz-r at 7%, which is quite remarkable. Mine is at 17% right now and the lowest I ever had was 15%, afaik. But then again, I know rather well, why I'm up by 2% again -- racing the UFR at FE Gold is not good for your yellows, if your just getting used to the track (can anyone say "flip"? :tilt.
Quote from SamH :Precisely. The yellows stat is for YOUR bragging rights

8% at the moment.
It means I'm very good at staying out of trouble (I like to think that)
#31 - Jakg
17%, better than it used to be :X

It's a number, it doesn't mean anything HOWEVER Becky found a VERY strong correlation between drivers with ratios 100% or over and wreckers, so much so that theres a special button to show all drivers over 100%
I'm still not sure why at one point my yellow flag count was above 48%, it soon dropped so I guess it was some glitch that had been highlighted due to a small number of laps. It dropped to 19% then went up to about 22% after I started trying to race the single seaters in the dark (see other thread)

I have, however, found a glitch in the LFS reporting system, when in the UF1 at SO2R it throws a yellow flag very easilly for going too slowly round the last turn, it's very hard to go in side by side and not end up both getting a yellow, I think I got 8 in one race, which I won the UF1 class in and didn't actually hit anything or do anything other than drive normally. It seems silly to decide not to overtake round one corner just so you don't end up with a 100% yellow flag stat so maybe 1 yellow flag credit could be given per lap for SO2R in the UF1?
I noticed running an STCC race the other day that the yellow flag flew during the 1st gear corner at FE rallyX a few times for me too. On the whole though it works pretty well.

FYI for everyone this is hinging on LFS throwing yellows and not the system itself. The system is only the messenger person =P Nothing happens from the stat ATM. I am at about 22% IIRC. So the system itself isn't flawed, it's LFS

Jak is right, someone with a high yellow percentage usually ends up being a problem for fellow racers. IMO anything less than 30 is great =)
Quote from Viper93 :
FYI for everyone this is hinging on LFS throwing yellows and not the system itself. The system is only the messenger person =P Nothing happens from the stat ATM. I am at about 22% IIRC. So the system itself isn't flawed, it's LFS

I realise that but it means the stat can be easily made to be misreading if you race on a combo which throws them wrongly.
#35 - Jakg
Quote from Viper93 :FYI for everyone this is hinging on LFS throwing yellows and not the system itself.

Actually, it's Becky's own yellow flag detection code as in her words "LFS' yellow flag system just isn't accurate enough" - either way your all racing with the same "handicap" so i don't see what the problem is...
It's not fair because it only affects UF1 drivers and simply getting a slightly wrong line or going side by side doesn't give you a yellow flag in any other car.

Quote from Jakg :Actually, it's Becky's own yellow flag detection code as in her words "LFS' yellow flag system just isn't accurate enough" - either way your all racing with the same "handicap" so i don't see what the problem is...

Quote from Becky Rose :The CTRA system uses the standard LFS yellow flag detection

Quote from Jakg :Actually, it's Becky's own yellow flag detection code as in her words "LFS' yellow flag system just isn't accurate enough" - either way your all racing with the same "handicap" so i don't see what the problem is...

To clarify, the CTRA yellow flag system uses the standard LFS yellow flag system plus detection for stationary cars - as LFS can struggle to throw yellows for some cars if they are not on the racing line.
So does it add to my yellow flag % if there is a pile up at T1, but I avoid it all? Or does it only count the people that are actually involved in the crash?
And also, sometimes I get a yellow flag at the end of a race.
Yellow flags are not tracked once you go past the finish line, T1 pileups is a harder question to answer. If LFS considers you a hazard on track because you have [quite correctly] slowed up to avoid an accient ahead then it registered the yellow. This isn't your fault, but it still gets registered.

If the system tried to attribute blame then sometimes it would be wrong.
Yup, the point of LFS' yellow flags is not to blame someone for having crashed or driving badly, but simply to detect anyone who could be an obstacle period. If you are driving slow, no matter of the reasons or whether you had interactions with other cars, you *are* a potential obstacle that warrants raising a yellow. In that sense, adding a yellow to your flag stats might be totally wrong and unjustified, however not only do this stats have no negative influence on your license, but everybody else has this stat calculated under the same conditions, meaning everyone gets unjustified yellows added. Whining about the whole thing is, how can I say... kinda ridiculous.
Do you get taken out, or do you fail to leave enough margin for error? I race on the CTRA when I get a chance and my yellow flags ratio is much lower yet i'm on the same servers.

Then again, i'm able to pop onto the STCC Event server before the event and complete a lap without crashing *evil grin*.
Quote from LFSn00b :I get taken out on EVERY race i try to drive on CTRA. Due to this i seem to have 53% yellow flags. This is annoying :|

No offence, but it always takes two people to get taken out in a racing incident. Part of the skill of not crashing is not putting you in situations where it can easily happen. I'm not saying that the crashes are technically your fault, but saying that you "get taken out in every race" tells me your driving style plays a big role in your issue.
Ah yes, there's something in the rules actually ... here it is:

Quote from The Rules :
4.0: Wrecking is forgiven when LFSn00b is on the circuit. See attached diagram for instructions on how to do this.

4.1: LFSn00b cannot raise reports so feel free to wreck him.

4.2: LFSn00b allows sufficient room for error even when he's spinning 6 times a lap by himself so it may be difficult to remove him from the circuit - the easiest time to get him is T1 when he's not able to avoid everybody aiming for him at once.

I'm not saying your driving is a problem, or that you havn't been the victim of some crashes. I'm just saying that there is a possibility, having watched you race a few times, that some of your incidents are not entirely the fault of the other driver and the percentage of yellow flags on your ratio looks, to me, to be reasonably representative of what I have observed.
Oh god, I have 28 procent

That's when you get when starting at the back
Quote from LFSn00b :

^ A pic tells more than thousands of words ^^

From what I can make of the rather confusing picture you turned in on a guy with significant overlap over you, 100% your fault.
From that picture you appear to have chronic understeer. I'd look at that first.

Seriously - don't worry about the yellow flag stats:
* There are no automated penalty decisions taken on yellow flags - any penalties are decided upon by humans.
* A high yellow flag %age alone is not cause to be penalised.
* My own yellow flag %age is somewhere around 30%.
Quote from Dillyracer :Oh god, I have 28 procent

That's when you get when starting at the back

I don't know, starting from the back of the grid isn't necessarily such a bad thing. It's usually easier to avoid the T1 mess and there's no drivers behind that can crash into you while your braking for T1
Quote from LFSn00b :I get taken out on EVERY race i try to drive on CTRA. Due to this i seem to have 53% yellow flags. This is annoying :|

Learn to avoid the slower people. When you pass leave a lot of room. And dont drive close to people that are obviously slower than you. When I come up behind someone on a long straight I always pull out to the side, so if they brake early I will avoid them.
Quote from obsolum :I don't know, starting from the back of the grid isn't necessarily such a bad thing. It's usually easier to avoid the T1 mess and there's no drivers behind that can crash into you while your braking for T1

hehe, I got it down to 20 procent already today *proud*

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG